Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Dishonored Definitive Edition UPGRADE PSN:$24.99 XBL:$25 (must own original digital)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 24th, 2015 1:56 pm
Tags:
None
40 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
7230 posts
1563 upvotes
Toronto
This is such a good game, I have cleared the main game and the DLC half a dozen times now.
I workout to get big so I can pickup bricks and ****.
Sep 11, 2011
794 posts
497 upvotes
Alberta
toalan wrote: This is such a good game, I have cleared the main game and the DLC half a dozen times now.

I tried it and couldn't get into it at all. Give it a second chance?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
7230 posts
1563 upvotes
Toronto
I think you gotta be a little bit of a psychopath to like this game, the whole process of stalking and preparing things for the kill is just so much fun. I find dishonored much much more satisfying than an outright brutal game like shadow of mordor.
I workout to get big so I can pickup bricks and ****.
Jan 19, 2014
95 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
25$ for the Xbox Version, think you have the US store selected.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
7148 posts
6279 upvotes
M6C - Toronto
It's neat how many PS+ members will have 'purchased' Dishonored when it was a PS+ freebie so they automatically qualify for the 50% off.

Might have to check this out.
With Fido Mobile!
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3199 posts
1880 upvotes
Thanks! Forgot this was happening. Always meant to play Dishonored so I guess this is the best way!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
5308 posts
4310 upvotes
Too bad it is digital. Digital means $25 to play the game whereas physical is $15 or less after resell.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2014
1597 posts
4147 upvotes
wilhelmthe1st wrote: I tried it and couldn't get into it at all. Give it a second chance?
Same here. Played it for an hour or 2 and just couldn't get into it. Came back to it a couple of months later and played it right to the end. Excellent game.

OP, should mention that this is for digital only. Also, it's $25 on Xbox here in Canada.
"They're waiting for you Gordon...in the Test Chamber."
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
2663 posts
854 upvotes
Chatham
Youff1 wrote: Same here. Played it for an hour or 2 and just couldn't get into it. Came back to it a couple of months later and played it right to the end. Excellent game.

OP, should mention that this is for digital only. Also, it's $25 on Xbox here in Canada.
Fixed and sorry for the error guys. Not sure why I'm logged in for EN-US though.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
3765 posts
1084 upvotes
Toronto
Said212 wrote: It's neat how many PS+ members will have 'purchased' Dishonored when it was a PS+ freebie so they automatically qualify for the 50$ off.

Might have to check this out.
I had it with the freebie, but I ran out of plus its not 50% off for me :( guess I gotta sign back up for psn + to get this deal.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2011
2217 posts
952 upvotes
Toronto
WL1980 wrote: Too bad it is digital. Digital means $25 to play the game whereas physical is $15 or less after resell.
I read on some site that they were also going to do the upgrade in store for people who owned the physical version. So EB will probably offer a trade deal closer to release date.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2009
4626 posts
1244 upvotes
Toronto
wilhelmthe1st wrote: I tried it and couldn't get into it at all. Give it a second chance?
It picks up, but really depends on your play style.

I did my playthrough playing entirely through stealth and non-lethal takedowns (which the game encourages by giving you a different story ending) and I think it ruined the experience for me. They basically give you no abilities or weapons to use for that approach, other than the very basic short ranged teleport, some (very expensive) poison bolts, and x-ray vision. So you just end up having to choke out people from behind over and over (very slowly at that), and then hiding the bodies each time, and it just become tedious after a while.

Also the story is just not very good. Not terrible, but just kind of forgettable.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2001
7084 posts
434 upvotes
Oakville
Iodine wrote: It picks up, but really depends on your play style.

I did my playthrough playing entirely through stealth and non-lethal takedowns (which the game encourages by giving you a different story ending) and I think it ruined the experience for me. They basically give you no abilities or weapons to use for that approach, other than the very basic short ranged teleport, some (very expensive) poison bolts, and x-ray vision. So you just end up having to choke out people from behind over and over (very slowly at that), and then hiding the bodies each time, and it just become tedious after a while.

Also the story is just not very good. Not terrible, but just kind of forgettable.
I tried the stealth approach and found the game sooooo boring. Stopped playing it.
Heatware: canadianpsycho - 200-0-0 http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=249
PS34Wii360ne Owner.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2013
1816 posts
2055 upvotes
pirated it, played though a coupl ehours, found it was pretty boring, friend said continue, it gets better, indeed it did, i was probably right before where it got interesting. came to the end, there was a bug and couldnt continue

I preordered this with no hesitation, I owe them my money forsure
Deal Fanatic
Jan 5, 2002
5075 posts
2867 upvotes
I loved this game. I have it on PC but also have XBL and PSN versions because they were free. I don't think I'll get the new version because the PC is definitive enough for me.

I compared this game to Dues Ex and BioShock in a lot of ways.
That's 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.
Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
9069 posts
2370 upvotes
I have the GOTY edition of this with all the DLCs, enjoyed it immensely. Not sure the definitive is worth it even for $25, is there any additional content/features not in the PS3 version or is it just uprated graphics?
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2012
1763 posts
1606 upvotes
Guelph
I played this for a bit when it was a Games with Gold selection. I actually really enjoyed what I played, but I generally lose interest in the Bioshock-esque games quicker (I know, brutal). Curious if its worth the upgrade. I wish they would release Portal 2 next gen, or Portal 3 more preferably.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2014
1597 posts
4147 upvotes
Compgod wrote: Where are you seeing it for $25? It's showing as $39.99 USD or $49.99 CAD(when I force it to en-ca site through incognito) online for me

https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/G ... 4e6ce25512
As stated in the title, you need to own the original digitally to get this price.

Also, if you want to change from US to Canada on the Xbox website, go to the bottom left, click on United States and change it to Canada.
"They're waiting for you Gordon...in the Test Chamber."