Entertainment

Disney+ The Book of Boba Fett (another SW series December 2021)

  • Last Updated:
  • May 5th, 2022 9:56 am
345 replies
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 28, 2004
23427 posts
5431 upvotes
Toronto
Robert Rodriguez babbbyyyy!!!

Looking forward to this one.....

I still don’t get Ming Na Wen....so she is half cyborg?

Nvm, just googled it......Fett saved her with cybernetics...

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
15034 posts
7842 upvotes
Toronto
ji2o0k wrote: I still don’t get Ming Na Wen....so she is half cyborg?

Nvm, just googled it......Fett saved her with cybernetics...
I rolled my eyes when she revealed her mechanical torso

I understand they need a visual to quickly convey her enhancement but I don't know why there'd be rotating gears/cylinders there

Reminded me of Star Trek ... why would there be a panel like that there?

Image

I think James Cameron was the first to put some thought into (maybe Six Million Dollar Man was first)
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 20, 2009
7681 posts
5649 upvotes
Toronto
ji2o0k wrote: Robert Rodriguez babbbyyyy!!!

Looking forward to this one.....

I still don’t get Ming Na Wen....so she is half cyborg?

Nvm, just googled it......Fett saved her with cybernetics...
I think this confusion ranks fairly high in biggest disappointments within Mando series.
I'm glad they brought her character back - the way they did it was poorly deployed.
Was she actually not dead, just in process of dying?
Can anyone be brought back to life with a quick cyber fix up?
Who actually saved her, and where? I can't imagine Boba has the skills (medical, or technical) to do this himself.
Do they have a past history, or did Boba just fix up a random?

I sure hope this series offers more light. I would guess they have some back history, and that a rendez-vous with Boba was the reason why she was there to begin with.
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 16, 2010
7124 posts
4412 upvotes
Between Countries
shikotee wrote: I think this confusion ranks fairly high in biggest disappointments within Mando series.
I'm glad they brought her character back - the way they did it was poorly deployed.
Was she actually not dead, just in process of dying?
Can anyone be brought back to life with a quick cyber fix up?
Who actually saved her, and where? I can't imagine Boba has the skills (medical, or technical) to do this himself.
Do they have a past history, or did Boba just fix up a random?

I sure hope this series offers more light. I would guess they have some back history, and that a rendez-vous with Boba was the reason why she was there to begin with.
I suppose that if a person can survive being chopped in half or lose all their limbs in a saber fight and then get burnt to a crisp, then Fennec's injuries should be survivable provided she was not completely dead. What I do wish is that they do more with the character; in my opinion they don't need Ming Na Wen since any woman could've played her as her character seems to have been short changed by the writers. Hopefully, that will be rectified in the Boba Fett series.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 20, 2010
4971 posts
3258 upvotes
Forget about the friggin' supporting characters, we still don't know how Boba survived Sarlacc!
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 20, 2009
7681 posts
5649 upvotes
Toronto
DiceMan wrote: I suppose that if a person can survive being chopped in half or lose all their limbs in a saber fight and then get burnt to a crisp, then Fennec's injuries should be survivable provided she was not completely dead. What I do wish is that they do more with the character; in my opinion they don't need Ming Na Wen since any woman could've played her as her character seems to have been short changed by the writers. Hopefully, that will be rectified in the Boba Fett series.
Those weren't just people - they both were Sith, with an in-universe explanation that they pulled it off because of their force abilities (stopping from bleeding out), and their extreme hatred and thirst for revenge (motivating them to stay alive).
None of this applies to Fennec, so it will have to be something completely different.
My understanding is that we will see Fennec in this series, as well as one of the other ones that were announced - so hopefully (knock on wood) they will do something more interesting.
They initially presented her as a lone wolf, which is why I think there must be backstory between her and Boba.
Why else would she continue hanging with him and helping him? Certainly not out of loyalty just for being saved.
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 15, 2005
4282 posts
2041 upvotes
ji2o0k wrote: Robert Rodriguez babbbyyyy!!!

Looking forward to this one.....

I still don’t get Ming Na Wen....so she is half cyborg?
If you go by her acting, I would say she’s full cyborg 🤠
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 28, 2004
23427 posts
5431 upvotes
Toronto
boonjaca wrote: If you go by her acting, I would say she’s full cyborg 🤠
lol - savage...................

I prefer to think of her wooden robotic acting as part of the cold-blooded, calculating Fennec Shand persona!!

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
Deal Guru
User avatar
Nov 21, 2002
11486 posts
3880 upvotes
Winnipeg
Mr_Fanta wrote: Forget about the friggin' supporting characters, we still don't know how Boba survived Sarlacc!
I had to wiki it myself. Its an interesting tale on how he survived and what it did to him.
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
16184 posts
21139 upvotes
Toronto
Disney has confirmed today that The Book of Boba Fett, will begin streaming on Disney+ on December 29. A new poster depicting Fett on the former throne of Bib Fortuna in Jabba the Hutt’s Tatooine palace was released alongside the announcement.




Star Wars' The Book of Boba Fett Will Ring Out 2021 In Style
It's not like digesting in the stomach of a sarlacc for a thousand years, but Boba will keep you waiting.
Destiny is all
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
16184 posts
21139 upvotes
Toronto
Official Trailer | Disney+


Every galaxy has an underworld. Experience the new trailer for The Book of Boba Fett. The Original Series starts streaming December 29 on Disney+.

“The Book of Boba Fett,” a thrilling Star Wars adventure teased in a surprise end-credit sequence following the Season 2 finale of “The Mandalorian,” finds legendary bounty hunter Boba Fett and mercenary Fennec Shand navigating the galaxy’s underworld when they return to the sands of Tatooine to stake their claim on the territory once ruled by Jabba the Hutt and his crime syndicate.


“The Book of Boba Fett” stars Temuera Morrison and Ming-Na Wen. Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Robert Rodriguez, Kathleen Kennedy and Colin Wilson are the executive producers. Karen Gilchrist and Carrie Beck serve as co-executive producers, with John Bartnicki producing and John Hampian as co-producer.


Twitter: @StarWars, @DisneyPlus, @BobaFett
Facebook: @StarWars, @DisneyPlus
Instagram: @StarWars, @DisneyPlus, @TheBookOfBobaFett
Destiny is all
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 28, 2004
23427 posts
5431 upvotes
Toronto
Dhanushan wrote: Official Trailer | Disney+
is it just me or is Boba Fett looking more svelte in the trailer vs when he was featured in The Mandalorian?


Someone's been dieting & working out!!!

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
15034 posts
7842 upvotes
Toronto
Gundam ripped off light sabres equipping all the mobile suits with "beam" sabers
Now Star Wars is featuring glowing force shields (more prominent<?> than the Gungan shields)
OTOH Lucas probably would've done an energy shield had he had better effects tech 40 years ago

Her appearance goes by in a flash, dancing before the eyes insufficiently but that's Jennifer Beals

Image
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 23, 2008
16911 posts
14504 upvotes
GTA, ON
I dunno... I'm interested but not interested at the same time. 🤷
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
9188 posts
8437 upvotes
chimaican wrote: I dunno... I'm interested but not interested at the same time. 🤷
Got a feeling that Fett isn't quite planned but just a pivot after Mando S02 had some issues with cast and to buy times to see if they can resolve them.

Will give them benefit of the doubt.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 23, 2008
16911 posts
14504 upvotes
GTA, ON
Xtrema wrote: Got a feeling that Fett isn't quite planned but just a pivot after Mando S02 had some issues with cast and to buy times to see if they can resolve them.

Will give them benefit of the doubt.
I'm more excited for Ahsoka. Star Wars isn't Star Wars without lightsabres.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
16184 posts
21139 upvotes
Toronto
You know his name. Revisit his story. Under the Helmet: The Legacy of Boba Fett, an Original Documentary Special, now streaming on Disney+.

Special Look | Under the Helmet: The Legacy of Boba Fett | Disney+
Destiny is all

Top