Entertainment

Disney+ The Falcon and the Winter Soldier limited series hires director, familiar supporting cast rumoured

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 19th, 2021 4:37 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jul 23, 2007
13013 posts
4775 upvotes
Toronto

Disney+ The Falcon and the Winter Soldier limited series hires director, familiar supporting cast rumoured

Only 6 episodes and I'm surprised Civil War co-stars Emily VanCamp, Daniel Bruhl are "in talks" to reprise their MCU roles

https://deadline.com/2019/05/kari-skogl ... 202619197/
26 replies
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2002
10195 posts
2606 upvotes
Winnipeg
this show is supposed to offer insight into the whole cpt america endgame ending.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jul 23, 2007
13013 posts
4775 upvotes
Toronto
I guess they couldn't incorporate the shield in the logo until everyone got Endgame outta their systems

[OP]
Deal Guru
Jul 23, 2007
13013 posts
4775 upvotes
Toronto
It's like a two page flip book so click on the arrow

Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2009
4768 posts
2694 upvotes
Toronto
jenviea wrote: Wyatt Russell will follow his father into the MCU playing John Walker

https://ca.ign.com/articles/2019/08/23/ ... ohn-walker
https://birthmoviesdeath.com/2019/08/23 ... er-soldier
Wonder how they will play this out, much like I am wondering how the whole Captain America thing is with Falcon. Wonder if they would touch the race issues that would ensue from having a black Captain America (my understanding is the comics touched on this). In the comics, John Walker went from Super Patriot to Captain America to the Captain to US Agent. My guess is they will use him as a government controlled Captain America 2.0.
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2002
10195 posts
2606 upvotes
Winnipeg
shikotee wrote: Wonder how they will play this out, much like I am wondering how the whole Captain America thing is with Falcon. Wonder if they would touch the race issues that would ensue from having a black Captain America (my understanding is the comics touched on this). In the comics, John Walker went from Super Patriot to Captain America to the Captain to US Agent. My guess is they will use him as a government controlled Captain America 2.0.
I'm more curious what tale winter soldier will tell. He has +70 years of clear and grey memories. He also knew cpt was taking the long road back before he ever left..... and falcon would get the new mantle. Falcon I wager deduced he was deliberately left out of their plan...... He may be suffering from some FOMO!!!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
9959 posts
1966 upvotes
Victoria
lead wrote: I'm more curious what tale winter soldier will tell. He has +70 years of clear and grey memories. He also knew cpt was taking the long road back before he ever left..... and falcon would get the new mantle. Falcon I wager deduced he was deliberately left out of their plan...... He may be suffering from some FOMO!!!
Would the Winter Soldier be in on any of that? He was presumably captured after falling from the train, and modified/frozen/used over the next however many years. Unless CA decides to do something about that?
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2002
10195 posts
2606 upvotes
Winnipeg
zod wrote: Would the Winter Soldier be in on any of that? He was presumably captured after falling from the train, and modified/frozen/used over the next however many years. Unless CA decides to do something about that?
if its hydra factions there up against he would be an invaluable piece of intel. But their gonna have to discuss the fact he knew before hand that cpt america was staying before he ever left. Its kinda like they had there own talk/agenda which is going to make falcon curious as to why he wasn't privy to the idea.

The real interesting part is the direction they take with that and cpt going and winter soldier. Do they address it or do nothing? If time travel states your past becomes your future and cpt america always goes back. Then realistically if he showed up at the end without making a jump back anything he did in the past......happened already. Which is why the writers said cpt is in a timeloop. They could even write Cpt doesn't participate as Cpt but someone else as its hinted.For example:He maybe even saves Bucky? But Bucky then volunteers to return to help fight against hydra but things go astray and still end up the same way etc.Or somehow effected things differently. For example. Natasha told cpt in the 3rd cpt america movie she had a run in with WS. He didn't kill her tho. Just a clean shot to wound and disable her.Which in hind sight now maybe he let her live? Maybe there is more to uncover?? Who knows what direction they take.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
9959 posts
1966 upvotes
Victoria
lead wrote: if its hydra factions there up against he would be an invaluable piece of intel. But their gonna have to discuss the fact he knew before hand that cpt america was staying before he ever left. Its kinda like they had there own talk/agenda which is going to make falcon curious as to why he wasn't privy to the idea.

The real interesting part is the direction they take with that and cpt going and winter soldier. Do they address it or do nothing? If time travel states your past becomes your future and cpt america always goes back. Then realistically if he showed up at the end without making a jump back anything he did in the past......happened already. Which is why the writers said cpt is in a timeloop. They could even write Cpt doesn't participate as Cpt but someone else as its hinted.For example:He maybe even saves Bucky? But Bucky then volunteers to return to help fight against hydra but things go astray and still end up the same way etc.Or somehow effected things differently. For example. Natasha told cpt in the 3rd cpt america movie she had a run in with WS. He didn't kill her tho. Just a clean shot to wound and disable her.Which in hind sight now maybe he let her live? Maybe there is more to uncover?? Who knows what direction they take.
I still don't get how Bucky knows. He already fell from the train and got captured by Hydra before he ever found out Cap got frozen (or came back in time). Then he spent the next 70 years being brainwashed, modified, frozen, and deployed for missions once and a while. He would of been a brainwashed frozen hydra weapon the whole time Cap lived out the rest of his life? The only out I see is if old man cap visited bucked after the events of civil war?
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2002
10195 posts
2606 upvotes
Winnipeg
zod wrote: I still don't get how Bucky knows. He already fell from the train and got captured by Hydra before he ever found out Cap got frozen (or came back in time). Then he spent the next 70 years being brainwashed, modified, frozen, and deployed for missions once and a while. He would of been a brainwashed frozen hydra weapon the whole time Cap lived out the rest of his life? The only out I see is if old man cap visited bucked after the events of civil war?
according to endgame he only made one last jump which passed the rendezvous point as expected. Not 2! hulk said his last jump shot right by.... So I took it he made the last jump to peggy. From there he stayed. Now before he went back he would have had a talk with bucky. Bucky wasn't worried about him not returning thru the quantum tunnel as we all saw. So was the last jump thru the first quantum tunnel before thanos destroyed it? Or was it just to Peggy and he took the long road home. The way the Hulk made it sound it was like he knew the jumps and nothing seemed fishy except for the last.

The Bucky thing is weird tho. why bucky at all there were many WS's? why save him? and use him? His only strong relationship was with steve.If hydra knew or believed steve dead what would using bucky accomplish vs anyone else. He had no strong relationship with howard or peggy just steve and their unit and the war was over. So why keep him around? Why bother risking a possible insurrgence with him. Seems too risky to bother with other options available.

But...... if hydra had inside info that cpt was still alive and in play and would be a player in the future?? Then Yup Bucky is indeed an asset. A very important pawn to keep around for 70 years.

Also Why Bucky to kill Tony's parents and to allow it on film? the guy was a ghost except for that and letting Nat live. 2 things that threatened his annoymity?
Why did howard stark make a video telling Tony to solve the arc mystery in his future? Who does that?? Thats something more like a dying parent would do or a parent who knows before hand they won't be there to mentor him.

Why make SHIELD at all? why start out as autonomous and sill get funding and be exactly like steve would want plus run by peggy? and howard?

Who came up with the idea of the avengers initiative? it wasn't nick fury. Nic said"there was an idea" whose idea?? hymm maybe cpt?

Lots of things paved the future to endgame in a unique way. Like why would shield know a hammer in the desert was so worth investigating? Pretty sure they have bigger issues to ponder than that.

But clearly the missing photo of jfk on Peggy Carters desk was the clencher steve was returning. Replaced with a picture of steve instead.

Things just add up that the 1 in 14 million that succeeded may have had some early interference. All We know right now. Bucky for sure knew steve was not returning as first expected and knew he was offering Sam the shield and gave his blessing.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jul 23, 2007
13013 posts
4775 upvotes
Toronto
More evidence that actors really need a script to perform

Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2002
10195 posts
2606 upvotes
Winnipeg
This thread has so much about cpt america too.I started think about endgame and I think its impossible for steve to have lived in branched timeline. Divergent timelines only happen if a stone is removed. Then that divergent timeline starts the moment the stone leaves it. That branch has no future yet so anything is possbile for a time traveller to effect it without dealing with time course correction due to causation from predetermined future events. For example. Loki escapes with the tesserach was because that timeline was a branch created because the hulk might have leapt with the time stone before they did.

So if steve jumped to 1947ish. All the stones were in play and so it can't be a divergent timeline if no stone is removed. He has to be stuck in a time loop like the writers said. The trick about being in a timeloop is course correction. Your a sliver an infection that time will try to course correct by arguably killing you if you don't belong or before you interfere.Even if you did intefere its all gonna course correct to the same outcome anyway.So your stuck reliving the past no matter what you do.

But if cpt kept the stones or even just one maybe even the hammer too then time protects him because he has to exist till the stone/s get to the places they need to be in the future. Plus the stones are technically also already returned to the main timeline just at a point before they are taken and all branches will be clipped. Like steve in 1971 where he was walking around there was a frozen steve so thats where he figured the stones could be in the same time in 2 different places. Plus.....the whole timeline is doubly protected since no one knows where or when steve went too.Maybe thats why he wouldn't tell Sam who "she" was? Plus handing the shield to Sam was basically steve's last valid execution for cementing his past by passing the shield to sam who is a player in the future events. You can't change that since its now the past.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
9959 posts
1966 upvotes
Victoria
lead wrote: This thread has so much about cpt america too.I started think about endgame and I think its impossible for steve to have lived in branched timeline. Divergent timelines only happen if a stone is removed. Then that divergent timeline starts the moment the stone leaves it. That branch has no future yet so anything is possbile for a time traveller to effect it without dealing with time course correction due to causation from predetermined future events. For example. Loki escapes with the tesserach was because that timeline was a branch created because the hulk might have leapt with the time stone before they did.

So if steve jumped to 1947ish. All the stones were in play and so it can't be a divergent timeline if no stone is removed. He has to be stuck in a time loop like the writers said. The trick about being in a timeloop is course correction. Your a sliver an infection that time will try to course correct by arguably killing you if you don't belong or before you interfere.Even if you did intefere its all gonna course correct to the same outcome anyway.So your stuck reliving the past no matter what you do.

But if cpt kept the stones or even just one maybe even the hammer too then time protects him because he has to exist till the stone/s get to the places they need to be in the future. Plus the stones are technically also already returned to the main timeline just at a point before they are taken and all branches will be clipped. Like steve in 1971 where he was walking around there was a frozen steve so thats where he figured the stones could be in the same time in 2 different places. Plus.....the whole timeline is doubly protected since no one knows where or when steve went too.Maybe thats why he wouldn't tell Sam who "she" was? Plus handing the shield to Sam was basically steve's last valid execution for cementing his past by passing the shield to sam who is a player in the future events. You can't change that since its now the past.
I don't think new timelines only happened if something happened to the stones. I thought the movie referred to it as significant changes.

It's why my brain dislikes how they handled time travel. What's count's as significant. Maybe something small, like having a 1 minute conversation with howard stark makes him late for something and snowballs into a bigger change. It allowed them to have amazing closure moments... but it's one of the sci-fi time travel theories that makes the least sense to me.

Sort of like in Star Trek.. that changing the timeline results in new alternate universes. Meaning every time someone time traveled in the ST universe, they never went home to the universe they left. Meaning it's full of empty universes where they never made it back, and subsequently were never there to save the day when it counted.
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2002
10195 posts
2606 upvotes
Winnipeg
zod wrote: I don't think new timelines only happened if something happened to the stones. I thought the movie referred to it as significant changes.

It's why my brain dislikes how they handled time travel. What's count's as significant. Maybe something small, like having a 1 minute conversation with howard stark makes him late for something and snowballs into a bigger change. It allowed them to have amazing closure moments... but it's one of the sci-fi time travel theories that makes the least sense to me.

Sort of like in Star Trek.. that changing the timeline results in new alternate universes. Meaning every time someone time traveled in the ST universe, they never went home to the universe they left. Meaning it's full of empty universes where they never made it back, and subsequently were never there to save the day when it counted.
In all the mcu movies I have yet to find any reference that quantum time travelling alone, without the use of stones, creates any new whole branch at all. In fact. There is more references it can't changing anything other than witnessing the past. Or potentially lock you in a time loop and forced you to witness all those past events. Absolute worse even kill you all because of causation and course correction. Tony even touches on that with "mess with time it tends to mess back".

Its kinda like you have to view quantum time traveling as you simply created a new thread of time chronologically distinct only to your body and that gets weaved back into the fabric of the main timeline of the past. It would only grant you the power to move you to another point in time and no more. That's what hulk meant by your past becomes your future. You would be forced to relive it and time course correction would either kill you or arrange your interference to still match the future outcomes. That's exactly what HG Well's Time machine is all about. You build a time machine to save a loved one. They merely die another way. The outcome remains the same to match the set future. Basically where normally probability is 50/50 for every one. Travel back in time?? Its 100% against you if you try to interfere becuase by itself it does not create a whole new universe of equal infinite matter and energy from nothing?. In mcu its the same ....unless you have aquired "stones" then you have the power to alter probability more on your side

But As for "whole new branches" the ancient one adamantly states the point of all the stones is to "create and direct the flow of time". There is no reference the stones actually even protect against the forces of darkness either. Only they can be used to fend off the forces of darkness as a weapon. With the only reference to any "new branch" was when she said "remove the stone and you make a new timeline". Thus new branches will have no set future outcomes for causation to abide too. Thereby things in those branches could be altered but again only within the parameters of those new branches because they have no set future of outcomes to abide too.

So each event where things went awry were events when stones were near and then had or were being removed or soon to be. Since any new branch would not veer off unless some new different catalysts merited it. Pull a stone and you wouldn't even know you were in it till your past memories grants foreknowledge of the noticeable differences.

Examples: loki escapes with tesserach no one remembered that happening? But at the time there were 2 potential soon to be branches of time created. One where the hulk with the time stone leaves and Scott with the mind stone. Possibly a third already was? The space stone since its pulled in 71 and no new differences in that new branch would diverge till they arrived to time traveled to mess with it.

Another branch started when Rodi takes the power stone and nebula is stuck in the new branched time line without a set future and thats the timeline where a divergent thanos jumps to the future with a divergent gamora and nebula. That's how Gamora lived and nebula could kill herself. They were created when Rodi left with the power stone.

What makes this interesting about Loki since he escaped in the new branch with the "space stone". If the branch gets clipped do those stones get erased? Maybe not because they are singularity points. But if you held one?. I wager it pulls you back into the main branch after the the new branch is clipped arguably while your using it. So there might be already 2 loki during IW/ragnorak like there were 2 cpt america's and that means loki could still be alive.

I think they only wanted to give hints and clues and not have a narrator because it would spoil future endeavours. Keeps the audience guessing. But if you stick to only removing stones creates a new branch where things can be changed....it all starts to make more sense. Remember by the ancient ones' rules....there would be atleast 6 temporary new branches made form the main timeline during endgame.One for each stone where things can happen differently from the main time without disturbing the main time line. But they would only exist till the stones were replaced. How long would they last? Probably and chronologically expanded upto the point where cpt america begins his journey back to return the stones and clips them.