Entertainment

Disney+ The Mandalorian (live action Star Wars tv series -- season1 SPOILERS in this thread -- season 2 October 2020)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 5th, 2020 8:35 pm
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
12994 posts
3310 upvotes
Montréal
lead wrote: I'd say it will probably happen since his programmer perished and why else have that long drawn out scene about his resurrection. I also think baby yoda is brought to the scene and wakes sees mando in peril and .....well....he loses his cuteness for a scene.

Perhaps the 2 tag-team up for a smacked down that would make macho man randy savage blush.

But I would prefer if all the mandalorians showed up to save mando....again!

why is this show not a hour and how could it fail with you cast Carl Weathers and Werner Herzog who alone his dialogue and voice is scarier than the whole dark side of the force.

Plus add Nick Nolte,Clancy Brown,Bill Burr and end an episode with Giancarlo Esposito. My god just go out and hire Nick cage already and make him the new dark leader or a bartender...!!

Its pretty crazy when the supporting characters are eclisping the lead character.
You forgot the 'biggest' of them all. I thought it was funny when someone said 'hey look, it's Pedro Pascal, the bounty hunter guy on The Baby Yoda Show' lol.
Last edited by tranquility922 on Dec 20th, 2019 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2009
3275 posts
1570 upvotes
Toronto
Mr_Fanta wrote: So, if you're looking for an abbreviated refresher of the galaxy far, far away before seeing Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker in theaters, the last three "Episodes" would be the best way to go, along with The Mandalorian episode 7, which contains a small connection to the new film.

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-movies ... skywalker/

I'm seeing "The Rise of Skywalker" tonight and it will be interesting to see how they make this small connection.

Our Toronto homegirl Deborah Chow directed this recent Episode 7 along with the previous Episode 3. Again, we are in such great hands when she directs the new Obi-Wan series. Smiling Face With Sunglasses

So - I only managed to watch the episode today (after seeing the movie).

Movie spoiler coming.....

So the connection is, from my understanding, the ability for the force to heal wounds?
Or is there some other connection that I missed?
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
2739 posts
705 upvotes
shikotee wrote: So - I only managed to watch the episode today (after seeing the movie).

Movie spoiler coming.....

So the connection is, from my understanding, the ability for the force to heal wounds?
Or is there some other connection that I missed?
Yes. Force heal.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
10256 posts
6602 upvotes
GTA, ON
sharpshooter88 wrote: Yes. Force heal.
I haven't seen the movie, but Force Heal is a trait of the Jedi.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
2739 posts
705 upvotes
chimaican wrote: I haven't seen the movie, but Force Heal is a trait of the Jedi.
I think so too, but I believe that's all part of Legends and not canon (until now).
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
10256 posts
6602 upvotes
GTA, ON
sharpshooter88 wrote: I think so too, but I believe that's all part of Legends and not canon (until now).
I predicted that was what was going to happen in ep.7 before it even happened. Said to myself, here comes Baby Yoda to doo his thing. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes

He did the force choke too. Lol... I'm waiting for the force lightning next. Is he light or dark side of the force. TBD.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
3187 posts
1246 upvotes
Episode 4. Luke was briefly unconscious after his encounter with the Tusken Raiders. Obi-Wan touched Luke's head using the Force and was able to heal and revive him.

Differently levels of healing. "From a certain point of view..." LOL
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
3763 posts
928 upvotes
Episode 7, “he’s trying to eat me”

I lost it when he said that lol
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
12994 posts
3310 upvotes
Montréal
Mr_Fanta wrote: Just saw this article. Still patiently waiting for Episode 8 which is the finale for Season 1 to be released on Friday.

https://townhall.com/columnists/derekhu ... s-n2558530
This is my take on the article.

Yes, to be fair, the original trilogy was never Shakespeare to begin w, it was a fun and sometimes campy romp through space. However, many of us were merely kids when they came out in the late 70s/early 80s but now we're all grown up. I suppose a very good counter-argument is what is the intended target audience, if it's still for kids, I suppose it's passable as entertainment just to see some explosions interspersed in between lightsaber battles. However, I would hope that the audience is at least a bit more discerning than that, and expect some semblance of logic and a decent plot: I said it awhile ago re TFA that they made Kylo Ren in the span of 1 movie have the greatest swing in a character's 'development', from the coolest, baddest villain w that amazing intro and freezing of the laser blast in air...to the worst laughable doofus, taking off his mask showing his nerdy, totally-not-in-the-slightest-intimidating face (ironically, fans from Judge Dredd and The Mandalorian were clamoring for those characters to never remove their helmets, when this Kylo guy was the one ppl should have ordered to NEVER take it off!) and acting all emo and getting beaten by some nobodies. The article's writer really lost me saying The Mandalorian has no plot and is boring...sure, if he has the attn span of a gnat conditioned to expect explosions every 30 seconds or so...was he even watching the same show? Payoffs shouldn't occur every few mins, that's just ridiculous.

The crossroads is where fans want this SW universe to go, continue being goofy and nonsensical (sequel trilogy), or a new hope (The Mandalorian)? I wish for more of the latter. Fans of the former can take their fill in the flood of MU movies and the like, enough of those already.
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jul 23, 2007
11993 posts
3899 upvotes
Toronto
Well that was an eventful episode ... see ya next year Mando!
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2004
4343 posts
712 upvotes
Toronto
The darksaber makes an appearance.
Apr 29, 2007
523 posts
235 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Do the magic hand thing! LOL
Sep 30, 2001