Entertainment

Disney+ Obi-Wan Kenobi (limited series finale June 22 2022 - BEWARE SPOILERS)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 29th, 2022 9:14 am
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jul 23, 2007
14476 posts
6972 upvotes
Toronto

Disney+ Obi-Wan Kenobi (limited series finale June 22 2022 - BEWARE SPOILERS)

No script but a director is already in play
Unknown if Ewan McGregor is wanted (he has previously expressed interest in returning to the role)

http://deadline.com/2017/08/star-wars-o ... 202151204/
Last edited by jenviea on Jun 22nd, 2022 4:57 am, edited 8 times in total.
518 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2017
1225 posts
227 upvotes
Guelph, Ont
it should be based on the novel kenobi, thats a really good story. its kinda like the logan movie.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
3150 posts
1036 upvotes
It would boggle my mind if they don't ask Ewan back. How could they do a middle aged Kenobi while Ewan is still around??? And let's not forget the fact that he's awesome and one of the few bright spots in the prequels.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
10629 posts
2492 upvotes
Victoria
I agree. Ewan McGregor should be asked back. He made a pretty good Obi-Wan, and was one of the best parts of the prequels. I think they had him record half a line for the force awakens, so hopefully they do it. He's age pretty much just enough from RoTS to do a stories that takes place before episode IV.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2016
2390 posts
619 upvotes
Ontario
Wouldn't be a good idea. Kenobi was clearly crazy near the end of his life.
He luckily gets the plans for a super weapon so he takes the kid of darth vader into a dangerous cantina, lets everyone know he is is a jedi, and then books a flight with a wanted smuggler with a piece of junk for a ship.
After almost getting caught he lets himself be killed leaving Vader's son alone with his twin sister and the plans to the superweapon to try an escape the Empire in a piece of junk.
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2010
1290 posts
474 upvotes
sharpshooter88 wrote: And let's not forget the fact that he's awesome and one of the few bright spots in the prequels.
I agree - until Lucas directed McGregor and Christiansen to act like a couple of old bickering fuddy duddies. McGregor and Neeson were the best actors in the prequels (and Darth Maul the best baddie)
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
10629 posts
2492 upvotes
Victoria
webshark wrote: Wouldn't be a good idea. Kenobi was clearly crazy near the end of his life.
He luckily gets the plans for a super weapon so he takes the kid of darth vader into a dangerous cantina, lets everyone know he is is a jedi, and then books a flight with a wanted smuggler with a piece of junk for a ship.
After almost getting caught he lets himself be killed leaving Vader's son alone with his twin sister and the plans to the superweapon to try an escape the Empire in a piece of junk.
That's all true from a certain point of view.

If there's almost 20 years between Episode III and IV they don't have to put it at year 19. They could do the story anywhere in between. McGregor aged alot since episode III but he looks nowhere as old as Alec Guiness, so they've got wiggle room to do it earlier in the gap rather than later.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
6952 posts
4225 upvotes
Between Countries
Another vote here for Ewan in the role. How about a live action scene of one of Kenobi and Maul's rematches? Please don't make it about a teenager Obi Wan.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
10629 posts
2492 upvotes
Victoria
DiceMan wrote: Another vote here for Ewan in the role. How about a live action scene of one of Kenobi and Maul's rematches? Please don't make it about a teenager Obi Wan.
They did that in Rebels which I suppose is Cannon. It didn't sound like they'd met up between when Kenobi cut him half and that meeting on Tatooine. It would be cool to get more maul though. I think he was way more badass in the TPM than the cartoons.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
3150 posts
1036 upvotes
zod wrote: They did that in Rebels which I suppose is Cannon. It didn't sound like they'd met up between when Kenobi cut him half and that meeting on Tatooine. It would be cool to get more maul though. I think he was way more badass in the TPM than the cartoons.
Personally, I'd love a brand new story for Kenobi. CW and Rebels did the stories with Maul very well and I don't need it see it again.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
10629 posts
2492 upvotes
Victoria
sharpshooter88 wrote: Personally, I'd love a brand new story for Kenobi. CW and Rebels did the stories with Maul very well and I don't need it see it again.
Yah, surely there's mission that needs Obi-Wans help. He leaves Tatooine for a few weeks, takes care of business, and goes back home. Surely there's a new original story they can tell that takes place in those few weeks.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
3150 posts
1036 upvotes
zod wrote: Yah, surely there's mission that needs Obi-Wans help. He leaves Tatooine for a few weeks, takes care of business, and goes back home. Surely there's a new original story they can tell that takes place in those few weeks.
I'd love that. Maybe something with Hondo, I'd love to see him in a live action movie. Rogue One was a very refreshing take on the Star Wars story, I'm sure they can do the same for Kenobi.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
13930 posts
3092 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
DiceMan wrote: lease don't make it about a teenager Obi Wan.
I'd be okay with a teen Obi Wan, if it's Ewan McGregor and Liam Neeson. As someone else said, they were the two best characters in the prequels, and why I like EPI over the other two (that and the two cringeworthy performances of Hayden and whatever her name is). They could also bring back Badass Jedi Jackson :D .

There you go. A whole series to delve into: The Knights of the Republic.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2016
2390 posts
619 upvotes
Ontario
The Tatooine years would be best. Throw in Jabba. and some bounty hunters too.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
3325 posts
1880 upvotes
This movie will have the high ground in ratings.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
3150 posts
1036 upvotes
jenviea wrote: According to Collider, the spin off movies are on hold after the relatively poor performance of the Solo movie

http://collider.com/star-wars-spinoffs-on-hold
Seems like an over reaction. A Kenobi movie with McGregor would crush the box office. Promo the crap out of the Kenobi vs. Maul fight and people will flock to the theaters.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
10629 posts
2492 upvotes
Victoria
sharpshooter88 wrote: Seems like an over reaction. A Kenobi movie with McGregor would crush the box office. Promo the crap out of the Kenobi vs. Maul fight and people will flock to the theaters.
I would of loved to have seen McGregor take one more turn as Obi-Wan. I'm not sure about the maul fight though. He's now killed Maul twice. I also think the cartoon set it up so they hadn't seen each other between the 1st an 2nd time he killed him.

Still, it's not your casting someone new as Obi-Wan. People loved McGregor as Obi-Wan. He was one of the best parts of the prequels. I'm a but bummed it sounds like they it's fizzling out :(

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)