Ongoing Deal Discussion

Disney+

Cheaper Disney+ - YMMV (non Canadian subscription)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 6th, 2022 12:52 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2017
1119 posts
1250 upvotes
Vancouver

[Disney+] Cheaper Disney+ - YMMV (non Canadian subscription)

Disney+ just launched in Turkey meaning there is now cheaper ways to get the subscription.

Current Price as of June 2023 is 349.99 TRY for 1 year = $35ish CAD

THIS IS VERY YMMV for Disney+ in terms of account disabling n such since it’s so new - so do it at your own risk.

iOS

1) Setup Turkish itunes account (MUST DO - see FAQ if you don't know how)

do not add any currency or card to account use random turkish address (won’t matter since not adding a CC)

2) Download Disney + on Turkish Itunes store (Yes it’s there now)

3) Go to g2a.com and buy (at time of this writing) 50 TL itunes digital cards. I bought the full year of D+ so 7 x $50 = $350 Lira = approx $33 CAD right now.

4) Input the gift cards into your turkish itunes account
so should be $350 itunes dollars in account

5) Log into D+app (Turkish version) You can use an expired account or setup a new one…

6) Saw pricing of $350 TRY (Turkish Lira) for 12 mths and then the apple pay for subscription thing came up

7) You will now be able to login on all devices/everywhere

Google play

1. Remove ALL the Google accounts from your phone along with Disney+ app. Or just use a burner android phone that has no Google accounts on it.

2. Turn on your VPN and connect to Turkey. I used WeVPN (7 days free trial).

3. Create a Turkish Google account, verify it with your Canadian number, but DO NOT provide a mobile number later on (it's optional). Use Turkish postal code and pick the province (34310 & Istanbul). The home address and city/town doesn't matter and you can use your usual details.

4. Create a Turkish Disney+ account on the Disney Plus website, using Chrome Incognito Mode.

5. Open Google Play Store, log onto your Turkish Google account and download Disney+ app. It has to be your main account, that's why you have to remove all Google accounts beforehand (See step 1).

6. Launch Disney+ app and sign into your Turkish Disney account (the one you've just created), accept T&Cs, pick 12 months subscription and follow to payments.

7. Turn off your VPN, and proceed with Google Pay payment. Add your Credit Card, and complete the transaction.

8. The payment should go through without any issue. If there are issues, wait a couple of days, log back into Disney Plus and try to process the payment again.

Option 2
  1. Create new Google account on phone
  2. Delete cache in Google Play Store (not sure if needed)
  3. Select new account in Google Play Store
  4. Add payment method and select Turkey as Country.
  5. Uninstall Disney+ if you have it installed.
  6. Open Google Chrome/browser on your phone in an incognito window. Set your window to desktop mode.
  7. Search Disney+ on Google Play store in your browser.
  8. Log in on new account and remote install Disney+ to your phone
  9. Open app on phone and pay in TRY.

Option 3
  1. create a new Gmail without a VPN or method of payment. This will give you a CA Gmail;
  2. remove all Gmail accounts from your device and add the new CA Gmail;
  3. install the Disney+ app;
  4. turn on the VPN to Turkey, go to the Play Store, account settings, and select the option to switch to the Turkey store and you'll be prompted to enter a payment method;
  5. open the D+ app and subscribe.

---
FAQ

iOS

1) Can I avoid creating a Turkish itunes account?

No. it is not possible as the D+ subscription is billed through Turkey itunes

2) How do I create a Turkey itunes account

Super easy

1) Go to TV app
2) Click Create new apple ID
3) change country to Turkey accept terms n conditions
4) Payment - None
5) Enter random turkish address (you won't be adding a credit card/pmt method)
6) use your CAD phone number to validate

Continue on with the IOS steps

3) Can I bill it to a CAD credit card on Turkish Itunes?

No. It will not work as it requires a Turkey address to "verify/validate" in itunes

4) Can I sign up with Turkish D+ directly on website/app (bypass Turkey itunes) using a vpn?

No. D+ validates the CC country and the subscription country. It must match.

5) Can I access D+ in my country even though I bought it in Turkey?

Yes. You will be to access it in your primary country as it's tied to your login not the country you purchased. The "shows/offerings" might differ slightly but it will work.

6) What do I do once the 1 year is up?

Easiest is reload your Turkish itunes account using either G2A.com or another site.
Images
  • 400x400_smart_fit1.jpeg
  • 400x400_smart_fit.jpeg
Last edited by oneyedpirate on Jun 24th, 2022 10:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Thread Summary
Political, Off Topic and other Thread Derailing comments will be removed without warning and users posting such content may receive infractions in accordance with our forum rules.
132 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
18556 posts
5632 upvotes
Toronto
Nice! Not sure why this would get a downvote but, whatever.

Don't forget, you can use your TR iTunes to subscribe to YouTube as well.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2010
1242 posts
1283 upvotes
even with 2 different turkey vpn locations won't let me login/pay
Zoomer: 1 account for family and planning to leave for good in 2023
Koodo too: for a phone and locked to 24 months but was a good deal.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
18556 posts
5632 upvotes
Toronto
geoffs wrote: even with 2 different turkey vpn locations won't let me login/pay
If you sign up using a TR iTunes account, a VPN is not required during any of the steps.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
3486 posts
2685 upvotes
GTA
Thanks OP, [...]

Will execute this after the salesforce freebie ends, and join my Türkiye Netflix account
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jun 24th, 2022 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic comment removed
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2016
1708 posts
1152 upvotes
GTA
i pulled the trigger! thanks OP / RFD!

i used my spare Android tab (free from fido - thanks RFD)
PXL_20220623_184628202~2.jpg

i used CIBC card (from RFD churn refundable hotel trick) and got charged roughly $27cad for 1yr D+. i think this is tax free too!
Screenshot_20220623-145239_Banking~2.png

i still have a free 1yr D+ sub from salesforce offer last year that will expire in Oct. but i cant renew that to Turkey prices. im OK paying in early as u dunno if this trick will still be alive by Oct!
Last edited by ryanrudolf on Jun 23rd, 2022 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
++ $8 talk text data plan + $0 3GB data only plan + Pixel 3a XL
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
2663 posts
3495 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ryanrudolf wrote: i pulled the trigger! thanks OP / RFD!

i used my spare Android tab (free from fido - thanks RFD)

PXL_20220623_184628202~2.jpg

i used CIBC card (from RFD churn refundable hotel trick) and got charged roughly $27cad for 1yr D+. i think this is tax free too!
Screenshot_20220623-145239_Banking~2.png

i still have a free 1yr D+ sub from salesforce offer last year that will expire in Oct. but i cant renew that to Turkey prices. im OK paying in early as u dunno if this trick will still be alive by Oct!
Which method did you use?
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2016
1708 posts
1152 upvotes
GTA
Wrestlemania wrote: Which method did you use?
google method
Jul 12, 2018
387 posts
277 upvotes
there are so many groups here in group buy where you can get these things for a account for around 40 $ CAD
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
18556 posts
5632 upvotes
Toronto
Thatsamazing wrote: there are so many groups here in group buy where you can get these things for a account for around 40 $ CAD
With a group buy, is the buyer splitting the cost with other users and entitled to 1 stream? Signing up via Turkey entitles the account holder to having 4 simultaneous streams.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
2663 posts
3495 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thatsamazing wrote: there are so many groups here in group buy where you can get these things for a account for around 40 $ CAD
Group buy means you're allotted only one stream on one (Maybe more) device.

This method allows you to have your own account with four streams simultaneously on as many devices as allowed by Disney, for a cheaper rate.
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
11585 posts
99278 upvotes
Ontario
audit13 wrote: With a group buy, is the buyer splitting the cost with other users and entitled to 1 stream? Signing up via Turkey entitles the account holder to having 4 simultaneous streams.
We can only share up to 4 devices for Disney+ account?

If I sign up with a Turkey account, it would be $33/4 devices (4 ppl) right?
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
Costco |June 27 - July 31| 116 pics| 1 month promo
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
2663 posts
3495 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thatdealguy wrote: We can only share up to 4 devices for Disney+ account?

$27 / 4.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2016
1708 posts
1152 upvotes
GTA
Wrestlemania wrote: First method with VPN or second method without VPN?
i did option2. didnt use VPN. if i use Turkey VPN, Disney+ doesnt allow me to create a new account. It complains suspicious acitivity detected. VPN OFF and all is good.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
18556 posts
5632 upvotes
Toronto
Thatdealguy wrote: We can only share up to 4 devices for Disney+ account?

You can have 4 simultaneous streams but the D+ app can be installed on more than 4 devices. I have the D+ app on a Chromecast with GGTV, Shield 2017, Apple TV, Roku stick, FIrestick, iPad, iPhone, and Roku TV.
Jul 12, 2018
387 posts
277 upvotes
audit13 wrote: With a group buy, is the buyer splitting the cost with other users and entitled to 1 stream? Signing up via Turkey entitles the account holder to having 4 simultaneous streams.
how many times would u need to watch disney on 4 different devices simultaneous
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
18556 posts
5632 upvotes
Toronto
Thatsamazing wrote: how many times would u need to watch disney on 4 different devices simultaneous
It's called password sharing. I give my family access to all of my streaming accounts.

No sense paying $40 for 1 stream when I can pay $27 for 4 streams and have total control of the account.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1261 posts
1514 upvotes
Toronto
Thatsamazing wrote: how many times would u need to watch disney on 4 different devices simultaneous
Perhaps often if you have several children/family members. If some of those "children" are young adults away at school or teens staying at friends'houses. Maybe 4 is more than is needed but 1 is very limiting in some homes

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)