[Disney+] Cheaper Disney+ - YMMV (non Canadian subscription)
Current Price as of June 2023 is 349.99 TRY for 1 year = $35ish CAD
THIS IS VERY YMMV for Disney+ in terms of account disabling n such since it’s so new - so do it at your own risk.
1) Setup Turkish itunes account (MUST DO - see FAQ if you don't know how)
do not add any currency or card to account use random turkish address (won’t matter since not adding a CC)
2) Download Disney + on Turkish Itunes store (Yes it’s there now)
3) Go to g2a.com and buy (at time of this writing) 50 TL itunes digital cards. I bought the full year of D+ so 7 x $50 = $350 Lira = approx $33 CAD right now.
4) Input the gift cards into your turkish itunes account
so should be $350 itunes dollars in account
5) Log into D+app (Turkish version) You can use an expired account or setup a new one…
6) Saw pricing of $350 TRY (Turkish Lira) for 12 mths and then the apple pay for subscription thing came up
7) You will now be able to login on all devices/everywhere
1. Remove ALL the Google accounts from your phone along with Disney+ app. Or just use a burner android phone that has no Google accounts on it.
2. Turn on your VPN and connect to Turkey. I used WeVPN (7 days free trial).
3. Create a Turkish Google account, verify it with your Canadian number, but DO NOT provide a mobile number later on (it's optional). Use Turkish postal code and pick the province (34310 & Istanbul). The home address and city/town doesn't matter and you can use your usual details.
4. Create a Turkish Disney+ account on the Disney Plus website, using Chrome Incognito Mode.
5. Open Google Play Store, log onto your Turkish Google account and download Disney+ app. It has to be your main account, that's why you have to remove all Google accounts beforehand (See step 1).
6. Launch Disney+ app and sign into your Turkish Disney account (the one you've just created), accept T&Cs, pick 12 months subscription and follow to payments.
7. Turn off your VPN, and proceed with Google Pay payment. Add your Credit Card, and complete the transaction.
8. The payment should go through without any issue. If there are issues, wait a couple of days, log back into Disney Plus and try to process the payment again.
- Create new Google account on phone
- Delete cache in Google Play Store (not sure if needed)
- Select new account in Google Play Store
- Add payment method and select Turkey as Country.
- Uninstall Disney+ if you have it installed.
- Open Google Chrome/browser on your phone in an incognito window. Set your window to desktop mode.
- Search Disney+ on Google Play store in your browser.
- Log in on new account and remote install Disney+ to your phone
- Open app on phone and pay in TRY.
- create a new Gmail without a VPN or method of payment. This will give you a CA Gmail;
- remove all Gmail accounts from your device and add the new CA Gmail;
- install the Disney+ app;
- turn on the VPN to Turkey, go to the Play Store, account settings, and select the option to switch to the Turkey store and you'll be prompted to enter a payment method;
- open the D+ app and subscribe.
1) Can I avoid creating a Turkish itunes account?
No. it is not possible as the D+ subscription is billed through Turkey itunes
2) How do I create a Turkey itunes account
1) Go to TV app
2) Click Create new apple ID
3) change country to Turkey accept terms n conditions
4) Payment - None
5) Enter random turkish address (you won't be adding a credit card/pmt method)
6) use your CAD phone number to validate
Continue on with the IOS steps
3) Can I bill it to a CAD credit card on Turkish Itunes?
No. It will not work as it requires a Turkey address to "verify/validate" in itunes
4) Can I sign up with Turkish D+ directly on website/app (bypass Turkey itunes) using a vpn?
No. D+ validates the CC country and the subscription country. It must match.
5) Can I access D+ in my country even though I bought it in Turkey?
Yes. You will be to access it in your primary country as it's tied to your login not the country you purchased. The "shows/offerings" might differ slightly but it will work.
6) What do I do once the 1 year is up?
Easiest is reload your Turkish itunes account using either G2A.com or another site.