Entertainment

Disney Star Wars Rumours - Will the last trilogy be turfed? from canon?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 15th, 2020 9:54 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2009
4059 posts
2197 upvotes
Toronto

Disney Star Wars Rumours - Will the last trilogy be turfed? from canon?

Surprised this hasn't been posted here yet, given how many loathed the last trilogy.

https://www.newsweek.com/disney-star-wa ... be-1514433
A new Star Wars rumor is doing the rounds, which suggests Disney is planning to effectively erase a big chunk of the sci-fi franchises' canon.

The rumor started over on YouTube on the Doomcock Overlord DVD channel, who has speculated that Episodes VII, VIII and IX—The Force Awakens, The Last Jedi, and The Rise of Skywalker, will be essentially deleted.

There is no truth to these rumors, but the outlandish theories haven't stopped Star Wars fans from speculating wildly.

Doomcock says that plans are in place which involves the Abrams and Rian Johnson trilogy getting obliterated out of existence like Alderaan.

The video containing the theory is titled "Star Wars Leaks Reveal Exactly How the Sequel Trilogy Will Be ERASED" and has more than 455,000 views at the time of reporting.

The idea stems from the plot line of a Star Wars Rebels episode. Doomcock explains that, "In the Season 4 episode 13 instalment titled 'A World Between Worlds,' the concept of the Veil of The Force was introduced, a mystical dimension of The Force that connects all time and space.

"I have received confirmation from two additional sources claiming that this is spot on—that indeed LucasFilm realizes they have a massive problem on their hands, that the Star Wars franchise is all but dead, and despite Kathleen Kennedy's hatred of this idea, Lucasfilm is preparing to render the Sequel Trilogy null and void."

Doomcock previously theorized about a so-called "civil-way" going on at Lucasfilm between George Lucas, the original creator of Star Wars, and the production company's president Kathleen Kennedy.

Doomcock clarified that the events from The Force Awakens, The Last Jedi, and Skywalker "will be removed from canon, isolated in their own alternate timeline and regarded as an Elseworlds-like instalment under the label of Star Wars Legends."
21 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2017
1092 posts
153 upvotes
Guelph, Ont
Everything Disney has done should be non canon because everything they have done is shit. Clone wars season 7 was good ill admit, the mandalorian i have not seen and dont really care too. Rogue One was good but is a rip off of the legends version of that storyline. the Han Solo movie was kinda lousy.

Disney is too dumb to bring back the legends universe. it's also fair to say it would be less profitiable since it appeals only to hardcore fans.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2015
6088 posts
2541 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Never thought I would say this but the last 3 movies actually made me appreciate the prequels even more... Anakin not withstanding!!

Original trilogy still my favourite and Rogue One imho is the best SW movie since those.
July 13, 2017 to October 25, 2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime rate next day each time.

2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited and waited to drop its prime rate to include all 3 drops.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
3408 posts
1385 upvotes
NO!

Absolute wishful thinking the Disney sequel trilogy can be swept under the rug as though it never happened. Although, they seem to have been somewhat successful with the "Halloween" franchise "from a certain point of view". LOL
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2009
4059 posts
2197 upvotes
Toronto
I'm just finding it crazy how this "story" keeps popping up in my newsfeed.
No idea if there is even a glimmer of truth, but I find myself wondering about the pros/cons.
What would Disney have to gain/lose by doing this?
What exactly "happens" if this is removed from canon?
If they have no plans to tell further stories with these characters, what difference does it make?
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
2647 posts
2827 upvotes
GTA
I was sold on this being more than rumour the moment I read Doomcock Overlord. I mean with a name like that, can you afford to start wild theories?
c'mon get happy!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2002
9777 posts
2283 upvotes
Winnipeg
shikotee wrote: I'm just finding it crazy how this "story" keeps popping up in my newsfeed.

If they have no plans to tell further stories with these characters, what difference does it make?
because the last 3............... were that bad!

I read a short leaked print of the disney new script. "Chewie wakes up runs to bathroom on the millennium falcon and finds Han taking a shower..."
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2009
4059 posts
2197 upvotes
Toronto
BernardRyder wrote: I was sold on this being more than rumour the moment I read Doomcock Overlord. I mean with a name like that, can you afford to start wild theories?
When I saw that name, the first thing that popped to mind was Mark Hamill fighting him, playing the character of Cock Knocker, of course.

Maybe the new trilogy just needs a Spaceballs treatment?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
6729 posts
2943 upvotes
maybe if they do this, and after 3 more films, you'll all realize the whole series including the movies from the 70's was and is shit.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2004
4429 posts
176 upvotes
Will it be like a dream thing? Rey wakes up and she's still in her little ship in the beginning of first movie. Or that there are alternate realities and this was just one of the realities.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
9782 posts
1860 upvotes
Victoria
Do they need to? The Star Wars universe has been around for thousands of years before The Phantom Menace. It could be around for thousands of years after The Last Skywalker.

If they want to tell new stories, then reverse or fast forward the clock a thousand years so they have lots of continuity breathing room. Make new stories?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2009
4059 posts
2197 upvotes
Toronto
zod wrote: Do they need to? The Star Wars universe has been around for thousands of years before The Phantom Menace. It could be around for thousands of years after The Last Skywalker.

If they want to tell new stories, then reverse or fast forward the clock a thousand years so they have lots of continuity breathing room. Make new stories?
I guess the one thing that pops to mind is The Mando.
Depending on where they are going with it, and how long they plan to run with it, they might not want to be tied to having Sheev and his followers working everything behind the scenes.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2002
9777 posts
2283 upvotes
Winnipeg
shikotee wrote:
Maybe the new trilogy just needs a Spaceballs treatment?
I think what happened was. The jedi empire collapsed after the first 3. resurrected against the sith in the middle. The third did not in any manner adequately rectify why both had to fail. Why both bred the other and do so in a manner where the viewer cared about the characters anymore. But is was just directed and written so very selfish to each film vs the whole tale. The directors really seemed to not care and put there own idea above the whole saga which was why they bombed.

Now look at mando. Each director bascially got on board and followed a single written narrative where they all collaborated for the script to succeed. That was done very well and those who directed cared about the whole tale and team work vs their specific contribution. Each episode directed by a different director only meandered away for a reason. That was to add new dymanics and perspectives specific to the characters and the situation where one director probably could never achieve that.

That didn't happen with the last trilogy.
Jan 12, 2020
493 posts
747 upvotes
If anything's going to be turfed, it should be J J Abrams - - he couldn't direct his way out of a paper bag.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2004
4515 posts
925 upvotes
Toronto
Swiping out the last trilogy isn't going to fix Star Wars regardless. It's broken. You're going to upset the many fans who loved episode 7-9.