Expired Hot Deals

[Disney U.S D23 members] $140 U.S for 3 Years for D23 members prepay Disney Streaming Service Offer.

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 3rd, 2019 11:40 am
[OP]
Sep 1, 2017
45 posts
18 upvotes

$140 U.S for 3 Years for D23 members prepay Disney Streaming Service Offer.

Deal Link:
Price:
$46.99
Savings:
23%
Expiry:
September 2, 2019
Retailer:
Disney U.S D23 members
Disney D23 members offer. I wonder if you can use a VPN for this to stream? Is the offer any good, I don’t believe the service is available yet.

This is a prepay promotion. I quoted the fine print.
Valid only from August 26, 2019 through September 2, 2019 at 11:59 PM PT. Promotional offer available to all D23 General, Gold or Gold Family Members who have an active membership as of 11:59PM PT on September 1, 2019. Valid for US residents with US payment method only. Acceptance of this promotional offer, or use of the promotional offer code, constitutes acceptance of the following terms and conditions. This promotional offer of $46.99 per year, if accepted, entitles the bearer to a one-time discount of $69.00 off the regular price of a three-year subscription to Disney+ ($209.97). Subscription will automatically renew on an annual basis at the end of three years, at the annual subscription price (currently $69.99) unless cancelled. Taxes added to price, where applicable. Cancel anytime, subject to terms. No refunds or credits for partial months or years. Access to Disney+ will continue through the end of the current subscription term. To accept this offer, create an account, accept the Subscriber Agreement, and elect to purchase a three-year subscription. Promotional offer code is one-time use only. Cannot be combined with any other offers, coupons, discounts or promotions. Cannot be applied to an existing subscription to Disney+. Not redeemable for cash or any other goods or services. This offer code cannot be sold and is not valid and will not be honored if obtained from any third party, including through Internet auction sites. No money or other consideration was given in exchange for this offer.
Images
  • A1028969-E86F-40C4-BB2B-E4E7D314D5AD.jpeg
23 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1854 posts
10998 upvotes
Super risky for minimal savings - Disney+ has confirmed they're launching in Canada, so having separate catalogues in the two countries mean they won't make it easy to watch the USA catalogue from Canada. Not confirmed whether a US account will be able to stream in Canada, either.

You could prepay for 3 years of US service via this deal and have to pay more for a special VPN and negate the savings.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
2095 posts
1495 upvotes
Ottawa
Leverage wrote: Super risky for minimal savings - Disney+ has confirmed they're launching in Canada, so having separate catalogues in the two countries mean they won't make it easy to watch the USA catalogue from Canada. Not confirmed whether a US account will be able to stream in Canada, either.

You could prepay for 3 years of US service via this deal and have to pay more for a special VPN and negate the savings.
VPN isn't a good option to access any content because it'll slow down your internet connection and won't get the best resolution possible
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2005
4847 posts
1399 upvotes
Mississauga
Is D23 General Membership free? I tried signing up and apparently I'm already a member.......
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2007
2126 posts
568 upvotes
Canadians can sign up for D23 account, so then why do we need VPN? Is the offer USA only?
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
2848 posts
2108 upvotes
GVRD
Raimond wrote: Canadians can sign up for D23 account, so then why do we need VPN? Is the offer USA only?
They are assuming there is a different catalogue like Netflix between US and Canada as Canada doesn't have this promo yet. Honestly, if you are already subscribed to VPN for other streaming services, I think it is a great deal as it works out to be $5 a month.

I am a big VPN advocate.
Sep 24, 2001
657 posts
147 upvotes
Thornhill
Wonder if they will block VPN like Netflix and Hulu did. It’s a bit risk if they permanently block it. 3 year commitment. I already have purevpn and it occasionally flakes out on Amazon Prime and Netflix.
Oct 31, 2004
503 posts
268 upvotes
Toronto
The offer does say: "Valid for US residents with US payment method only"
Knowing that they're potentially looking into detecting password sharing, it's safe to assume they might also try to block a US account from streaming in Canada.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
2095 posts
1495 upvotes
Ottawa
GateGuardian wrote: Is D23 General Membership free? I tried signing up and apparently I'm already a member.......
Yes, it is
pkphilip wrote: They are assuming there is a different catalogue like Netflix between US and Canada as Canada doesn't have this promo yet. Honestly, if you are already subscribed to VPN for other streaming services, I think it is a great deal as it works out to be $5 a month.

I am a big VPN advocate.
They could (probably will) offer different catalogue per country depending on their current contracts with other partners. In the long run, they'll most likely be the same but for now, no one knows
Oct 11, 2004
692 posts
123 upvotes
Montreal, Qc
If I remember correctly, I could watch some Disney content from their TV channel website when I had the DirectTV Now subscription. I used Getflix DNS on the ATV. There were also some other free DNS services you could renew ad infinitum. (This means that there will be no slowdown like when using a VPN)

The only question is if we can subscribe with a canadian credit card like we did for DirectTV...
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2362 posts
1439 upvotes
Vancouveresque
I tried with a VPN yesterday, and it wouldn't accept my Canadian credit card nor Canadian PayPal account. A credit card that a valid zip code for a billing address would probably work. I might use my USA Visa debit card, but I don't think transferring the funds around is going to be worth it.
Nobody cares which exploitative corporations you give your money to every month. Capitalism is a plague on this planet. Get that crap out of your signature.
[OP]
Sep 1, 2017
45 posts
18 upvotes
GeeCee wrote: I tried with a VPN yesterday, and it wouldn't accept my Canadian credit card nor Canadian PayPal account. A credit card that a valid zip code for a billing address would probably work. I might use my USA Visa debit card, but I don't think transferring the funds around is going to be worth it.
Ya doesn’t seem like it would be worth it for Canadians. I’m hoping the Canadian service offers a good deal I’m actually excited about that new trailer I saw for that bounty hunter Star Wars exclusive.
Dec 25, 2004
864 posts
162 upvotes
I think s Canadian offer would already be available. US and Uk have offers and we launch with them, not sure why we’re excluded.
Dec 25, 2017
14 posts
7 upvotes
Same here...no dice. Tried with different vpns. Pretty sure they are looking for a cc with a real US zip code.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2003
6538 posts
1666 upvotes
I tried my US Paypal account tied to a Canadian credit card (that I've used on other US streaming services). I tried a couple of Canadian issued credit cards directly. Neither option worked for me. The direct credit method gave me a "card can't be used as it's a non-US card" error.
------He who dares, Rodders, he who dares------

Heatware Feedback eBay Feedback
X360 Live Gamertag: Frenzied360
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
1637 posts
867 upvotes
mark_in_2k wrote: I tried my US Paypal account tied to a Canadian credit card (that I've used on other US streaming services). I tried a couple of Canadian issued credit cards directly. Neither option worked for me. The direct credit method gave me a "card can't be used as it's a non-US card" error.
do you have a US balance in your paypal account? not sure if there is an option for that or US Disney GC option?
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2002
1496 posts
623 upvotes
Midland
How are you able to test if offer seems to only apply to Us market? I know they've said Canada will receive this service.
Last edited by joe2k1 on Aug 30th, 2019 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
5757 posts
1468 upvotes
Milton
OP got my hopes up..
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2003
6538 posts
1666 upvotes
wakka2u wrote: do you have a US balance in your paypal account? not sure if there is an option for that or US Disney GC option?
No, I don't have a US balance. I thought about transferring funds into my US PP from my Cdn PP, but ~$150 US is too much for me to see if it works.
------He who dares, Rodders, he who dares------

Heatware Feedback eBay Feedback
X360 Live Gamertag: Frenzied360