• Jan 11th, 2011 11:30 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Dec 6, 2003
276 posts
76 upvotes
Alberta

Disneyland

We have booked a cruise out of LA for over Easter, and we are thinking of going a few days before and going to disneyland
I have a few questions, are their hotels that offer park packages? Is that the best way to go or should we look at tickets and hotel seperate?
The other issue we are looking at is transferes from the airport to the hotel then from the hotel to the ship anyone have a company they have used and likes?
Thanks
4 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
16623 posts
6883 upvotes
Jareds_Mommy wrote: We have booked a cruise out of LA for over Easter, and we are thinking of going a few days before and going to disneyland
I have a few questions, are their hotels that offer park packages?
When I was in Anaheim all the surrounding hotels offered packages. Disneyland itself offered packages (based on the number of days you wanted to go there) as well.
Is that the best way to go or should we look at tickets and hotel seperate?
We went separate; we purchased our tickets from Disneyland itself (the California Adventure pass). If you haven't looked into it, prepare yourself because it is very expensive (or at least to me) to get into Disneyland.
The other issue we are looking at is transferes from the airport to the hotel then from the hotel to the ship anyone have a company they have used and likes?
Thanks

I can answer your questions I think.

When we went to Disneyland we went to John Wayne Airport in Orange County. From this airport there is a Disney shuttle (disney logos on the side of the bus, etc....) that comes at scheduled times to pickup passengers and drop them off at hotels in the Disney area. There is obviously a fee, but I forget what it was. This shuttle will take you directly to the hotel.

While in Anaheim we took several bus tours. There are bus tours that offer transportation to the various cities (LA, San Diego, etc...). We used one company for our 2 tours, and I forget their name, however you could email the hotel you book at for more (as I know there are many more).

As a side note, we booked the Desert Inn & Suites as our hotel. It's right across the street from the main gates (negating the need to drive to Disney). The rates were very reasonable, there is a small pool and a basic continental breakfast (cereal, juice, milk, toast and one fruit). It was a very family-oriented hotel, and we had no problems with cleanliness. If you Google Map the hotel you can find other hotels right around it that are all next to the front gates of the park, which is my opinion is a must.

There were a couple hotels near Disneyland that shuttled hotel patrons to the park, however (as you can tell) I am much more of a fan of the hotels right in front of the gates.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2007
1990 posts
293 upvotes
Vancouver
Hi,

Is this a family trip or an all adults trip? Are you thinking of 3 or 4 extra days? Then you'll have whole days in Disneyland. How are you planning to get from Disneyland to the cruise ship port? Will cruise ship boarding be from 11am - 3 pm?
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2005
1191 posts
23 upvotes
Look at mousesavers.com they have the best info on hotels and ticket deals. I'm not sure about transfers because we always rent a car. They are available for $25-$50/per person, this is why we rent a car :)
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2005
1191 posts
23 upvotes
If you are with kids the experts at disboards.com usually like the Howard Johnson(HoJo) across from DL.