Hot Deals

[Dispatch Coffee] Dispatch Coffee Roasters: 50% off first order (subscription)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 3rd, 2020 11:18 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
3496 posts
1440 upvotes

Dispatch Coffee Roasters: 50% off first order (subscription)

Deal Link:
Savings:
50%
Retailer:
Dispatch Coffee
It's not Kicking Horse or Ethical Bean, this isn't grocery store coffee so it's not going to be $10 a lb whatever

This is fresh roasted and delivered, the difference in taste is huge.

First order is 50% off (FIRST50), then after cancel your subscription and redo it to do STAYHOME35 for 35% off after, comes to $13 afterwards which really isn't bad! It's $3 more for grocery store "premium" coffee but delivered to your door.

I picked "roaster's choice" so I can be surprised every month. Variety is the spice of life.
Last edited by bhrm on May 10th, 2020 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
127 replies
Mar 14, 2019
163 posts
181 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Whoa, those prices are steep.
Nov 5, 2006
876 posts
3743 upvotes
Big difference in taste? I'm not convinced. Overpriced coffee is just that -- and marketing. But it subjective and to each their own.

Personally, I'm going to stick to the President's Choice ground coffee, which happens to be on sale again this coming flyer week for $6.99 for a big tub. Face Savouring Delicious Food
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
17772 posts
5708 upvotes
Toronto
Way too pricey. Purely marketing. I think store brands are perfectly good.
Sep 5, 2008
566 posts
445 upvotes
Port Moody
FYi, it's 333g in the bag not 454g. At $35 for 4 bags (equivalent of 3 x 1lb bags), I will try it anyway... good price still (and convenient), but I'll cancel after.

Also FYI, it says "all our coffees are medium-light roast".
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
3496 posts
1440 upvotes
carmaster wrote: Way too pricey. Purely marketing. I think store brands are perfectly good.
Depends on your taste. With a deal, doesn't hurt to try once. I agree at full price, it's steep even if they market it as "cheaper than going out to a coffee shop!" at $1 a cup.

If I go grocery store, Longo's actually roast their own coffee in store and it's awesome. Some locations offer it, but their own coffee is all roasted in house anyways.

Its just like bread, some enjoy fresh baked in store...some are okay with Wonder Bread.
Nov 14, 2019
19 posts
301 upvotes
I remember these guys advertising on Instagram comparing there coffee to take out. They got completely roasted in the comments.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
43792 posts
4438 upvotes
Richmond Hill
coopercold wrote: Big difference in taste? I'm not convinced. Overpriced coffee is just that -- and marketing. But it subjective and to each their own.

Personally, I'm going to stick to the President's Choice ground coffee, which happens to be on sale again this coming flyer week for $6.99 for a big tub. Face Savouring Delicious Food
I mean, I think the discussion ends here :lol:

Any coffee connoisseur would not buy ground coffee.
Apr 20, 2006
740 posts
400 upvotes
Thanks OP
Ill give this a try looking for some nice decaf
Dec 20, 2018
145 posts
253 upvotes
coopercold wrote: Big difference in taste? I'm not convinced. Overpriced coffee is just that -- and marketing. But it subjective and to each their own.

I'm a big fan of the Canadian variety for 7$. It's what I get when Eight O'clock is not on sale.

Interesting tidbit. When Second Cup was first opened it's strategy was to portray itself as quality/upscale coffee. It did this through a higher price. I'd argue this is also the strategy Starbucks has used.

It would be a shame if this coffee was only marginally better than the value stuff I buy, but I have never had it. Kudos to them if they're able to emperor's new clothes enough people into buying their coffee.

As with every purchase, if you like it and can afford it, then that's fantastic. I just do think these prices are particularly close to fair market value.
Jan 20, 2010
30 posts
1 upvote
Hey,

How do you get the 50% off, it's $22.50 at checkout.
Nov 13, 2016
304 posts
289 upvotes
Montreal
eddy82 wrote: Hey,

How do you get the 50% off, it's $22.50 at checkout.
OP missed most important tidbit - use FIRST50 code to get discount & code applies only to subscriptions. Subscribe & Cancel :)
I spent and earn with Koodo, Fido, AmEx etc | Sharing is Caring ;)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
3496 posts
1440 upvotes
rfdjugaad wrote: OP missed most important tidbit - use FIRST50 code to get discount & code applies only to subscriptions. Subscribe & Cancel :)
oops, fixed.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
7086 posts
2677 upvotes
Markham
rfdjugaad wrote: OP missed most important tidbit - use FIRST50 code to get discount & code applies only to subscriptions. Subscribe & Cancel :)
What does subscription here mean? You have to buy every month?
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
2686 posts
969 upvotes
Kingston
Out to lunch prices and I buy a lot of coffee beans.

Buy from Equator coffee roasters if you want some really good coffee at a more reasonable price.