Expired Hot Deals

Dispatch Coffee

Dispatch Coffee Roasters: 50% off first order (subscription)

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2020 4:21 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
4887 posts
3011 upvotes

Dispatch Coffee Roasters: 50% off first order (subscription)

Deal Link:
Savings:
50%
Retailer:
Dispatch Coffee
It's not Kicking Horse or Ethical Bean, this isn't grocery store coffee so it's not going to be $10 a lb whatever

This is fresh roasted and delivered, the difference in taste is huge.

First order is 50% off (FIRST50), then after cancel your subscription and redo it to do STAYHOME35 for 35% off after, comes to $13 afterwards which really isn't bad! It's $3 more for grocery store "premium" coffee but delivered to your door.

I picked "roaster's choice" so I can be surprised every month. Variety is the spice of life.
Last edited by bhrm on May 10th, 2020 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
130 replies
Jr. Member
Mar 14, 2019
163 posts
181 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Whoa, those prices are steep.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 5, 2006
1513 posts
6807 upvotes
Big difference in taste? I'm not convinced. Overpriced coffee is just that -- and marketing. But it subjective and to each their own.

Personally, I'm going to stick to the President's Choice ground coffee, which happens to be on sale again this coming flyer week for $6.99 for a big tub. Face Savouring Delicious Food
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
19583 posts
7815 upvotes
Toronto
Way too pricey. Purely marketing. I think store brands are perfectly good.
Sr. Member
Sep 5, 2008
891 posts
891 upvotes
Port Moody
FYi, it's 333g in the bag not 454g. At $35 for 4 bags (equivalent of 3 x 1lb bags), I will try it anyway... good price still (and convenient), but I'll cancel after.

Also FYI, it says "all our coffees are medium-light roast".
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
4887 posts
3011 upvotes
carmaster wrote: Way too pricey. Purely marketing. I think store brands are perfectly good.
Depends on your taste. With a deal, doesn't hurt to try once. I agree at full price, it's steep even if they market it as "cheaper than going out to a coffee shop!" at $1 a cup.

If I go grocery store, Longo's actually roast their own coffee in store and it's awesome. Some locations offer it, but their own coffee is all roasted in house anyways.

Its just like bread, some enjoy fresh baked in store...some are okay with Wonder Bread.
Newbie
User avatar
Nov 14, 2019
39 posts
337 upvotes
I remember these guys advertising on Instagram comparing there coffee to take out. They got completely roasted in the comments.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
46684 posts
7145 upvotes
Richmond Hill
coopercold wrote: Big difference in taste? I'm not convinced. Overpriced coffee is just that -- and marketing. But it subjective and to each their own.

Personally, I'm going to stick to the President's Choice ground coffee, which happens to be on sale again this coming flyer week for $6.99 for a big tub. Face Savouring Delicious Food
I mean, I think the discussion ends here :lol:

Any coffee connoisseur would not buy ground coffee.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Apr 20, 2006
819 posts
567 upvotes
Thanks OP
Ill give this a try looking for some nice decaf
Sr. Member
Dec 20, 2018
603 posts
949 upvotes
coopercold wrote: Big difference in taste? I'm not convinced. Overpriced coffee is just that -- and marketing. But it subjective and to each their own.

Personally, I'm going to stick to the President's Choice ground coffee, which happens to be on sale again this coming flyer week for $6.99 for a big tub. Face Savouring Delicious Food
I'm a big fan of the Canadian variety for 7$. It's what I get when Eight O'clock is not on sale.

Interesting tidbit. When Second Cup was first opened it's strategy was to portray itself as quality/upscale coffee. It did this through a higher price. I'd argue this is also the strategy Starbucks has used.

It would be a shame if this coffee was only marginally better than the value stuff I buy, but I have never had it. Kudos to them if they're able to emperor's new clothes enough people into buying their coffee.

As with every purchase, if you like it and can afford it, then that's fantastic. I just do think these prices are particularly close to fair market value.
Newbie
Jan 20, 2010
32 posts
2 upvotes
Hey,

How do you get the 50% off, it's $22.50 at checkout.
Member
User avatar
Nov 13, 2016
357 posts
352 upvotes
Montreal
eddy82 wrote: Hey,

How do you get the 50% off, it's $22.50 at checkout.
OP missed most important tidbit - use FIRST50 code to get discount & code applies only to subscriptions. Subscribe & Cancel :)
I spent and earn with Koodo, Fido, AmEx etc | Sharing is Caring ;)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
4887 posts
3011 upvotes
rfdjugaad wrote: OP missed most important tidbit - use FIRST50 code to get discount & code applies only to subscriptions. Subscribe & Cancel :)
oops, fixed.
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
11250 posts
6298 upvotes
Markham
rfdjugaad wrote: OP missed most important tidbit - use FIRST50 code to get discount & code applies only to subscriptions. Subscribe & Cancel :)
What does subscription here mean? You have to buy every month?
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3025 posts
1617 upvotes
Kingston
Out to lunch prices and I buy a lot of coffee beans.

Buy from Equator coffee roasters if you want some really good coffee at a more reasonable price.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
4887 posts
3011 upvotes
smartie wrote: What does subscription here mean? You have to buy every month?
Yes and no.

When you sign up it's for a coffee subscription, your first order will be 50% off. After you get your first bag, cancel, and get second order and subsequent orders for 35% off. Again, this isn't 'cheap' coffee and I'm not trying to say "subscription coffee is the way!", but it's a deal. I'm cancelling after second bag, and moving to the next subscription based coffee roaster offering a steep discount. I like trying new coffees anyways. It's cheaper/better to buy a 2 kilo bag of grocery store coffee...but as the only coffee drinker in the house I don't want to drink the same thing for 2-3 months.
Sr. Member
Aug 8, 2007
582 posts
430 upvotes
bhrm wrote: Depends on your taste. With a deal, doesn't hurt to try once. I agree at full price, it's steep even if they market it as "cheaper than going out to a coffee shop!" at $1 a cup.

If I go grocery store, Longo's actually roast their own coffee in store and it's awesome. Some locations offer it, but their own coffee is all roasted in house anyways.

Its just like bread, some enjoy fresh baked in store...some are okay with Wonder Bread.
Thanks for posting, I think we have similar tastes and also a desire to try new roasters. I have bought the fresh roasted at Longo’s and it depends a bit on who is roasting but I have had good luck and love it when they go half price but that’s once in a blue moon. When I travelled for work I had a roaster in every city and would stock up (Grumby’s in NYC, Dark Matter in Chicago, George Howell etc.) but now I don’t travel at all! We used to go through 1/lb a week but this has only gone up with WFH.

I would be interested in participating in any Toronto based group buys or subscriptions to get some variety and split the beans! I would be in for 5lbs a month and would welcome anyone going to the US to bring some back when this becomes possible again. US shipping charges to Canada double plus the actual cost of the coffee even with larger orders it would seem so nonsense.
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
11250 posts
6298 upvotes
Markham
EYEAM2COOL4U wrote: Thanks for posting, I think we have similar tastes and also a desire to try new roasters. I have bought the fresh roasted at Longo’s and it depends a bit on who is roasting but I have had good luck and love it when they go half price but that’s once in a blue moon. When I travelled for work I had a roaster in every city and would stock up (Grumby’s in NYC, Dark Matter in Chicago, George Howell etc.) but now I don’t travel at all! We used to go through 1/lb a week but this has only gone up with WFH.

I would be interested in participating in any Toronto based group buys or subscriptions to get some variety and split the beans! I would be in for 5lbs a month and would welcome anyone going to the US to bring some back when this becomes possible again. US shipping charges to Canada double plus the actual cost of the coffee even with larger orders it would seem so nonsense.
They sell 5lb bag

https://rampagecoffee.com/products/go-b ... how=PayPal
Sr. Member
Aug 8, 2007
582 posts
430 upvotes
OMG. I just got ingited by Blaze and Rampage has a similar modus operandi with high caffeinated beverages and advertising etc. but ok they are from Saskatoon and have good reviews - I don’t know anyone bad from Sask. me included so must be legit. I will look them up further thanks.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3310 posts
3753 upvotes
coopercold wrote: Big difference in taste? I'm not convinced. Overpriced coffee is just that -- and marketing. But it subjective and to each their own.

Personally, I'm going to stick to the President's Choice ground coffee, which happens to be on sale again this coming flyer week for $6.99 for a big tub. Face Savouring Delicious Food
There's a HUGE difference between freshly roasted single origin coffee and the grocery store stuff. For one, the roaster selects a level of roast to suit the specific bean and it's almost never dark roast for a very good reason. the stuff on the shelf is mostly dark roasted so it keeps on the shelf longer but it kills the individual taste profile of the bean. You just get smokey acidic taste and that's it regardless of the bean. Second, if it's a good quality roaster, the beans are just higher quality. I've had lots of both store bought and freshly roasted coffee and the difference is immense, it's not even in the same ball park. Lastly, I cannot vouch for this specific roaster because I've never tried them before, but the site looks promising.
For Sale:

Top