Hot Deals

[Dispatch Coffee] Dispatch Coffee Roasters: 50% off first order (subscription)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 3rd, 2020 11:18 am
Jul 21, 2013
56 posts
23 upvotes
THORNHILL
In order to determine if the coffee advertised is a good price, I divide the final price by the number of grams.
On a regular basis, https://www.culturacafe.ca/products/cielo has the lowest price: approximately: $0.028.

Now, I have to figure out how to get the coffee from Kitchener to my door.
Mar 5, 2012
307 posts
77 upvotes
Canada
thelasthunter wrote: LOL, they shipped two of my separate orders via Canada Post to Toronto. Got both in under one week. I know CP gets a healthy dose of criticism. But I've been a steady online shopper since 1999 and imo Canada Post is the least expensive and most consistent option when it comes to speed.
In Canada, them and Purolator are A1
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
2071 posts
2112 upvotes
AMIGuy wrote: In order to determine if the coffee advertised is a good price, I divide the final price by the number of grams.
On a regular basis, https://www.culturacafe.ca/products/cielo has the lowest price: approximately: $0.028.

But they only deliver in the Kitchener-Waterloo area so I can't try to see if they're any good.
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
14315 posts
2359 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
AMIGuy wrote: In order to determine if the coffee advertised is a good price, I divide the final price by the number of grams.

Let’s start a google sheet? Good idea
Sep 18, 2013
19 posts
121 upvotes
Anybody got there Dispatch coffee shipped by UPS from the USA, NY, specifically Whole Latte Love for those who know that shop?

Wtf is going on? Isn't this a local business?
Mar 13, 2007
993 posts
286 upvotes
Calgary
I received their coffee after a week. Just enjoying my first bag. ( I ordered the Yanatile)
But, I don't think I am enjoying this coffee. It tastes just like regular coffee and not specialty / Single origin. It is not BAD by all means, but nothing jumps out at me. Prolly not gonna continue sub.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
2071 posts
2112 upvotes
frostiex wrote: I received their coffee after a week. Just enjoying my first bag. ( I ordered the Yanatile)
But, I don't think I am enjoying this coffee. It tastes just like regular coffee and not specialty / Single origin. It is not BAD by all means, but nothing jumps out at me. Prolly not gonna continue sub.
I've had good luck with their La Rejoya and Saisonnier Blend of single origins. What's your method of prep? Sometimes it's worthwhile to experiment a little if results are mediocre with a new bean.
Nov 16, 2018
11 posts
12 upvotes
Definitely agree that this coffee is just ok. Seems not as good as roasters like Detour, Phil & Sebastian, Pilot, etc.
Nov 19, 2016
329 posts
164 upvotes
Missed out on the dispatch coupon codes so put an order through with Agro for the first time. Next day shipped, 5 business day via canada post. Let's see!

Again thanks to the OP for the dispatch deal tho!
Aug 19, 2018
70 posts
10 upvotes
MisterTeee wrote: Missed out on the dispatch coupon codes so put an order through with Agro for the first time. Next day shipped, 5 business day via canada post. Let's see!

The $15 off first order coupon should still be active!
Mar 13, 2007
993 posts
286 upvotes
Calgary
thelasthunter wrote: I've had good luck with their La Rejoya and Saisonnier Blend of single origins. What's your method of prep? Sometimes it's worthwhile to experiment a little if results are mediocre with a new bean.
I tried thru my full Auto and Also my French press. I am not sure how to explain it. Its as if all the characters are there as mentioned in the roast, but each seems to somehow negate each other (if that makes sense)?
I am just gonna stick with my local fav, SoughtXFound and Monogram

but, @ 50% off....it was worth a try; thanks OP!
Oct 25, 2001
503 posts
302 upvotes
Toronto
thelasthunter wrote: I've had good luck with their La Rejoya and Saisonnier Blend of single origins. What's your method of prep? Sometimes it's worthwhile to experiment a little if results are mediocre with a new bean.
How are you preparing those? I need something medium for espresso as my first sub was La Claudinota that I mostly used for pourover.
Aug 8, 2007
373 posts
235 upvotes
MisterTeee wrote: Missed out on the dispatch coupon codes so put an order through with Agro for the first time. Next day shipped, 5 business day via canada post. Let's see!

I did the same but wasn’t impressed to be honest. Did you have a better experience? It was freshly roasted according to dates indicated but didn’t have the aroma I was expecting from fresh beans. I ordered Columbia and Roasters Choice. Also had difficulty dialing my grinder in for some reason so wasted a lot of coffee getting it right which is unusual as I do routinely change beans often. These may have actually been too lightly roasted? I usually prefer a light roast so strange.
Jan 7, 2007
95 posts
79 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I wait for Metro to sell 900g/1000g eight o'clock coffee beans for 7.99 or less. Then i buy 6kg or so & put in my fridge or freezer. I defrost hours before 1st use. Very nice!
Mar 7, 2011
118 posts
137 upvotes
EYEAM2COOL4U wrote: I did the same but wasn’t impressed to be honest. Did you have a better experience? It was freshly roasted according to dates indicated but didn’t have the aroma I was expecting from fresh beans. I ordered Columbia and Roasters Choice. Also had difficulty dialing my grinder in for some reason so wasted a lot of coffee getting it right which is unusual as I do routinely change beans often. These may have actually been too lightly roasted? I usually prefer a light roast so strange.
They're definitely very lightly roasted.
I had to grind them very fine. But partly could be because I'm used to having beans around 1 week from roast, and these were over a month, since they took 28 days to ship to me.
Hardly the freshest anymore.
I'm not finding them fantastic, but that could be the reason. I appreciate the light roast, it's hard to find roasters that do a truly light roast. And I can't get a good light roast on my home roaster, so when I buy speciality beans I'm looking for light! I'd buy it again at a discount, but probably not at full price