Hot Deals

[Dispatch Coffee] Dispatch Coffee Roasters: 50% off first order (subscription)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 3rd, 2020 11:18 am
Apr 9, 2018
17 posts
76 upvotes
Plus ground coffee is taxable, whole bean is not.
Apr 28, 2010
238 posts
206 upvotes
Terrace
bhrm wrote: It's not Kicking Horse or Ethical Bean, this isn't grocery store coffee so it's not going to be $10 a lb whatever

This is fresh roasted and delivered, the difference in taste is huge.

First order is 50% off (FIRST50), then after cancel your subscription and redo it to do STAYHOME35 for 35% off after, comes to $13 afterwards which really isn't bad! It's $3 more for grocery store "premium" coffee but delivered to your door.

I picked "roaster's choice" so I can be surprised every month. Variety is the spice of life.
does the promo code STAYHOME35 apply to all subsequent monthly shipments?
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2004
1846 posts
427 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks op. Gonna do a set of bags and cancel.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
3496 posts
1440 upvotes
heero78 wrote: does the promo code STAYHOME35 apply to all subsequent monthly shipments?
Yes it worked for my second order after I cancelled my subscription and creating a new subscription.
Apr 28, 2010
238 posts
206 upvotes
Terrace
bhrm wrote: Yes it worked for my second order after I cancelled my subscription and creating a new subscription.
What about the orders after the second order?
Or did you cancel the subscription again after the second order was placed?

cheers
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
3496 posts
1440 upvotes
heero78 wrote: What about the orders after the second order?

cheers
That I did not try. I cancelled after as I was going to try something else. Might try Detour or Pilot next after I finish this bag of PC.
Nov 6, 2012
131 posts
160 upvotes
NORTH YORK
heero78 wrote: What about the orders after the second order?

cheers
I asked them on Facebook about these discount codes and they told me both codes will work only once for new registrations, I.e. won’t work for seconded order.
I asked them why it so expensive and they told me some tales about fair trade and blah blah blah. According to them one shot cannot cost less than 1 CAD.
I paid around 80 cents for a shot from Nespresso machine and switched to Breville and super automatic to spend less, not more.
Regarding taste, did not blow my mind. Very fruity and a bit sour. It was OK to try once with 50% discount (I paid 35 CAD for 4 bags of 333 grams).
I definitely don’t think it worth a full price.
I finished all 4 bags 3 days ago and opened the only bag of beans I had from before. It was Lavazza Crema E Aroma, and it is actually not bad. I paid for it 16 CAD on Amazon. If you ask me, I’ll prefer it for 16 CAD any day than 70 CAD beans from Dispatch Coffee.
My next plan is to try Lavazza’s most premium coffee that has great reviews (Lavazza Super Crema, 1 kg for 28-32 CAD on Amazon).
Jan 24, 2009
893 posts
536 upvotes
Montreal
thelasthunter wrote: No micro roaster worth anything would ever sell you robusta beans.
Maybe not 100% robusta, but better espresso blends might have up to 40%. And almost all “super caffeinated “ coffees will have a high percentage of Robusta in their blend as there is twice as much caffeine in robusta.

And a high quality robusta will be definitely better than a low end arabica.
Apr 28, 2010
238 posts
206 upvotes
Terrace
sdmeller wrote: I asked them on Facebook about these discount codes and they told me both codes will work only once for new registrations, I.e. won’t work for seconded order.
I asked them why it so expensive and they told me some tales about fair trade and blah blah blah. According to them one shot cannot cost less than 1 CAD.
I paid around 80 cents for a shot from Nespresso machine and switched to Breville and super automatic to spend less, not more.
Regarding taste, did not blow my mind. Very fruity and a bit sour. It was OK to try once with 50% discount (I paid 35 CAD for 4 bags of 333 grams).
I definitely don’t think it worth a full price.
I finished all 4 bags 3 days ago and opened the only bag of beans I had from before. It was Lavazza Crema E Aroma, and it is actually not bad. I paid for it 16 CAD on Amazon. If you ask me, I’ll prefer it for 16 CAD any day than 70 CAD beans from Dispatch Coffee.
My next plan is to try Lavazza’s most premium coffee that has great reviews (Lavazza Super Crema, 1 kg for 28-32 CAD on Amazon).
Thanks for the detailed input!
Thats too bad. I would have left my subscription active if all subsequent monthly shipments qualified for the 35% discount ($13/CAD per bag).
Ill give Lavazza Crema E Aroma a try.

Cheers
Mar 7, 2011
118 posts
137 upvotes
MisterTeee wrote: It was my first time with fresh beans (non costco). I really wanted to love Agro due to value price but in the end it just seems OK for me. I have a technivorm but no good grinder (yet). The medium roast was better than light/dark for us but it didn't blow me away
In coffee a good grinder is more important than a good coffee maker. You can hack a bad coffee maker (or just use pourover).
You can't with a grinder. No bean could ever blow you away until you buy a proper burr grinder.
Not trying to be snobby, it's just how it is!
Good luck though
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
8266 posts
11331 upvotes
sdmeller wrote: ...
Thanks for this info, but what's with all the foreign objects found while grinding the beans?

I still want to try this out, but looks like you have to sift through your beans before grinding, or take the gamble of destroying your grinder.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B000SDKDM4
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000SDKDM4
Apr 5, 2003
298 posts
44 upvotes
Edmonton
sdmeller wrote: Regarding taste, did not blow my mind. Very fruity and a bit sour. It was OK to try once with 50% discount (I paid 35 CAD for 4 bags of 333 grams).
Just a general comment, if your cup is tasting sour, you’re likely under extracting. Grind smaller and/or brew longer. That should resolve any sourness.
Nov 17, 2012
120 posts
156 upvotes
Whitby, ON
anthony9 wrote: I'm a big fan of the Canadian variety for 7$. It's what I get when Eight O'clock is not on sale.

Interesting tidbit. When Second Cup was first opened it's strategy was to portray itself as quality/upscale coffee. It did this through a higher price. I'd argue this is also the strategy Starbucks has used.

It would be a shame if this coffee was only marginally better than the value stuff I buy, but I have never had it. Kudos to them if they're able to emperor's new clothes enough people into buying their coffee.

As with every purchase, if you like it and can afford it, then that's fantastic. I just do think these prices are particularly close to fair market value.
By market value are you comparing slave labor coffee to free trade? Coffee is one of the bloodiest commodities on the planet and you do directly get what you pay for...or in this case who you support.
Nov 19, 2016
329 posts
164 upvotes
fruitpunch.ben wrote: In coffee a good grinder is more important than a good coffee maker. You can hack a bad coffee maker (or just use pourover).
You can't with a grinder. No bean could ever blow you away until you buy a proper burr grinder.
Not trying to be snobby, it's just how it is!
Good luck though
Totally agree. Waiting for the virtuoso+ to go on sale. I can't justify buying something at full price !!! #RFDspoiled
Nov 6, 2012
131 posts
160 upvotes
NORTH YORK
kashirat wrote: Just a general comment, if your cup is tasting sour, you’re likely under extracting. Grind smaller and/or brew longer. That should resolve any sourness.
Yeah, I know. Played quite a bit with dialing my grinder with this coffee. I didn't choose a proper word, it wasn't sour as when underextracted, it was like more fruity than I like, less velvety and less malty or chocolaty. Lol