Hot Deals

[Dispatch Coffee] Dispatch Coffee Roasters: 50% off first order (subscription)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 3rd, 2020 11:18 am
Nov 6, 2012
130 posts
160 upvotes
NORTH YORK
IDStorms wrote: Thanks for this info, but what's with all the foreign objects found while grinding the beans?

I still want to try this out, but looks like you have to sift through your beans before grinding, or take the gamble of destroying your grinder.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B000SDKDM4
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000SDKDM4
Personally, never encountered something like this.
Lavazza is one of the largest and most famous coffee brands, established at 1895 and I think it's still family owned.
So it's very weird. I'm not advertising them in any way, but their beans never been disappointing to me.
I heard about fake lavazza coffee, maybe this is the reason?

https://coffee-eu.com/en/how-to-disting ... om-a-fake/

Again, freshly roasted coffee will be almost always better than any "long shelf" packed coffee like Lavazza.
But this particular coffee didn't impress me.
Maybe one of their coffees has a profile that I will like much better, but I don't think I will ever justify a full price of 22.50 for 333 grams.
In my case, I use Philips super automat, it uses 11gr of beans for one shot. I have at least 4 shots a day.
I.e one shot costs 75 cents and I will spent at least 3 CAD a day or 90 bucks a month. Too much.

I mean, if it was amazing and my taste buds were singing serenades, I would at least be sad that I'm too cheap. But it wasn't.
Nov 3, 2009
134 posts
25 upvotes
Montreal, QC
kashirat wrote: Just a general comment, if your cup is tasting sour, you’re likely under extracting. Grind smaller and/or brew longer. That should resolve any sourness.
I don't think this is the case. I was offered a cup of espresso at the shop when I went to pick up my order and that was "sour" too. I almost couldn't finish it.

As I mentioned before before, here, I tried their "La Rejoya" and "La Claudinota" and they were both sour.

We are four coffee drinkers at home and this is the first time everybody unanimously complained about this coffee. I personally tried espresso on my Breville BES870XL, french press and Bialetti stove-top espresso, all with similar results. I won't be buying again for sure.
Apr 5, 2003
298 posts
44 upvotes
Edmonton
kudret wrote: I don't think this is the case. I was offered a cup of espresso at the shop when I went to pick up my order and that was "sour" too. I almost couldn't finish it.

As I mentioned before before, here, I tried their "La Rejoya" and "La Claudinota" and they were both sour.

We are four coffee drinkers at home and this is the first time everybody unanimously complained about this coffee. I personally tried espresso on my Breville BES870XL, french press and Bialetti stove-top espresso, all with similar results. I won't be buying again for sure.
If you haven’t already tried, id highly recommend using the same brewing technique and varying grind and brew time. I primarily use the aero press and I can very obviously adjust the same beans to be incredibly sour to very bitter depending on how I brew.
Jul 25, 2019
256 posts
84 upvotes
Received and tried a couple different varieties. I probably haven’t honed in the right grind on my new Baratza (have been playing between 13 and 18), but I find they all taste a bit salty / soapy. Any advice? Is it my grinder or the beans? I’m brewing these in a Moccamaster.

Failing all else, at 50% off I might repeat, at full price I’d probably pass. Does anyone know any good roasters in Toronto that offer a quality product at a good price point for everyday drinking?
Nov 23, 2018
20 posts
9 upvotes
It sounds like the value of their coffee is all in the social conscience aspect of it, not the tasting experience.

I’ll pass as I prefer a more balanced value proposition.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
1877 posts
715 upvotes
Montreal, QC
kudret wrote: I don't think this is the case. I was offered a cup of espresso at the shop when I went to pick up my order and that was "sour" too. I almost couldn't finish it.

you should tell them because that's not normal at all. their coffee is one of the best in the city especially in espresso
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
7811 posts
1013 upvotes
TO
bhrm wrote: That I did not try. I cancelled after as I was going to try something else. Might try Detour or Pilot next after I finish this bag of PC.
Does anyone know if pilot coffee can be bought locally in Miss/Oakville? We don't drink that much coffee so shipping and buying too much isn't feasible for us.
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC

"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
7811 posts
1013 upvotes
TO
which one would you recommend from their batch or should I go with roasters pick?
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC

"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent