Mar 4, 2021
12 posts
11 upvotes

DISPATCH COFFEE subscription 35% off.

Savings:
35% off
Retailer:
Dispatch coffee
I got this from the store on st-zotique.
They have some pretty interesting roasts like the Myanmar one which tastes kinda fruit like.

My favourite one is the Santa Margarita which is a darker roast and tastes a bit of cacao.

Edit: thanks to chandan for pushing me to make a better post. Making the forum a better plase (y)!
https://dispatchcoffee.ca/

Their coffees are all kinds of fair trade, traceable and nice to the environment. They told me that they most of their coffees are medium roast and under to keep more from the taste of the bean.

Subscriptions are usually around 20-25$ for a 333g bag and plans can go from 2 bags a month to 10 bags and price per bag goes down accordingly.
Images
  • File_20210519-142919.jpg
Last edited by exoticavocado on May 19th, 2021 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
15 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2008
1588 posts
262 upvotes
More information would be appreciated OP. Like about the roaster, or even a website!
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
2935 posts
2334 upvotes
GTA Ontario
Hey, they use biodegradable bags, which is pretty awesome and sadly still pretty rare. I usually pay somewhere around $12 for somewhere around 340 g bag to get good coffee in either a biodegradable or recyclable bag, but usually from Amazon and they add lots of single-use plastic packaging when they ship it. So if these guys ship in responsible packaging too it's well worth a few cents more for a few grams less coffee to me. Thanks OP!
Jul 28, 2013
62 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
exoticavocado wrote: They have some pretty interesting roasts like the Myanmar one which tastes kinda fruit like.
I recommend this one (Sin Net Chuang) as a first "weird coffee". Very smooth and interesting cup of coffee without too much harsh acidity.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2007
1633 posts
1650 upvotes
Isn't this normal price for them? I know they are often advertising on podcasts with a similar discount
[OP]
Mar 4, 2021
12 posts
11 upvotes
nicolascon wrote: Isn't this normal price for them? I know they are often advertising on podcasts with a similar discount

Yeah. They definitely weren't short on those coupons. But maybe some weren't aware.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2007
1633 posts
1650 upvotes
exoticavocado wrote: Yeah. They definitely weren't short on those coupons. But maybe some weren't aware.
Fair enough. I always hear about them on canadaland

Funny enough I just bought two bags to make cold brew. Haven't had it yet though so can't comment on quality.
[OP]
Mar 4, 2021
12 posts
11 upvotes
nicolascon wrote: Fair enough. I always hear about them on canadaland

Funny enough I just bought two bags to make cold brew. Haven't had it yet though so can't comment on quality.
How's the cold brew with that coffee?
Sep 11, 2008
804 posts
488 upvotes
Quebec
lykwd888 wrote: Never heard of this place. In your opinion how do you think it stacks up to the competition?
To be honest, I haven't tried the competition. Being a student in Sherbrooke, QC (where this roaster started) this was THE local roaster everybody was going to so I just ordered from them for the whole period I was there and I'm pretty happy. I definitely should try some other roasters to compare but with the selection they have I'm not getting bored and haven't thought to look elsewhere.

Plus, they have a pretty nice politic that if you buy in-store you can come back an buy the same quantity as your 1st order for half the price. Not sure if it's still going on because of COVID.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2010
1732 posts
1098 upvotes
Quebec
OakAged wrote: Hey, they use biodegradable bags, which is pretty awesome and sadly still pretty rare.
Don't forget that "biodegradable" does not mean "compostable". Biodegradable plastic can actually be worse than non-biodegradable plastic!
[OP]
Mar 4, 2021
12 posts
11 upvotes
Gr4v1ty wrote: To be honest, I haven't tried the competition. Being a student in Sherbrooke, QC (where this roaster started) this was THE local roaster everybody was going to so I just ordered from them for the whole period I was there and I'm pretty happy. I definitely should try some other roasters to compare but with the selection they have I'm not getting bored and haven't thought to look elsewhere.

Plus, they have a pretty nice politic that if you buy in-store you can come back an buy the same quantity as your 1st order for half the price. Not sure if it's still going on because of COVID.
Sounds like they're worth a try! Thanks
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
2935 posts
2334 upvotes
GTA Ontario
Balzard wrote: Don't forget that "biodegradable" does not mean "compostable". Biodegradable plastic can actually be worse than non-biodegradable plastic!
That's a good point. In this case they use TekPak packaging, which actually is compostable. The "Responsibility" button at the top of their page talks about their packaging and links to the manufacturer's page, which has a FAQ link:
https://tekpaksolutions.com/frequently-asked-questions/
Feb 27, 2011
197 posts
192 upvotes
exoticavocado wrote: Sounds like they're worth a try! Thanks
I may also try them out. I try to support roasters that don't play the "12 oz is the new 16" game, and still sell you a full pound of freshly roasted coffee (and not the 340g bags, which seem to the new norm among small roasters).