Thank you.
Genuinely,

Mr. Hungry Services
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
1801 posts
620 upvotes
Toronto
Interesting, I maybe just not informed but how would you get CPR certified without actually performing CPR on a dummy?
Sep 3, 2019
980 posts
673 upvotes
GTA
I'm interested but also curious how one is supposed to know if they are performing the procedure properly without instructors and a dummy

Edit: signed up anyway
Images
  • 20210529_103001.jpg
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
8811 posts
1741 upvotes
It's like masterbation, use your imagination.
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!
Mar 20, 2006
127 posts
18 upvotes
Winnipeg
Thanks OP. Already received my online certificate, quick and easy test. I need a valid CPR/First Aid for work, and my current one expires pretty soon - I hope this is okay to use.
Zoomer Wireless Customer
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
9888 posts
16358 upvotes
Thanks OP!

I'm assuming you have to sign up before the end of the month, but can do the courses at any point in time.
foxxter wrote: Thanks OP. Already received my online certificate, quick and easy test. I need a valid CPR/First Aid for work, and my current one expires pretty soon - I hope this is okay to use.
How long did it take you to do all 8 lessons?
Mar 20, 2006
127 posts
18 upvotes
Winnipeg
I clicked through the lessons and read over them really quickly. I also only watched the first video of each session so maybe 30 minutes total. I’ve been first aid/ cpr certified for many years now, so this was a refresher for me. It normally it takes a 8 hr class every 3 years with many hands on activities etc. to receive my certificate. Wouldn’t recommend this If it’s your first time taking the course.
Zoomer Wireless Customer
Apr 28, 2019
148 posts
104 upvotes
Does the final certificate specify that it was online?

Is the course approved or affiliated with the Canadian Red Cross?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
9270 posts
7640 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Thanks OP!
Took mine 25 years ago, so it is a great refresher.
Passed with 95% score.
Last edited by DragonRider on May 31st, 2021 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2006
2582 posts
2841 upvotes
Toronto
Good course. Thanks and thanked, OP. Didn't watch any of the videos (I took an in-person course a while ago) but the text is very clearly-written and easy to understand. I'd recommend it if you have an hour to invest in knowing what to do and what not to do in an emergency situation. It won't turn you into an EMT but you'll have more confidence if something nasty happens. On a side note it's interesting that they still cover mouth-to-mouth. I thought that was no longer recommended. Also, they don't suggest any earworm pop songs that have the right beat for chest compressions.

My fave:

Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
1153 posts
413 upvotes
YYC
I watched the videos all the way through and it took about 1.5 hours, then another 15 or 20 minutes for the exam so about 2 hours total.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2012
1483 posts
1612 upvotes
Vancouver
deals1112 wrote: Does the final certificate specify that it was online?

Is the course approved or affiliated with the Canadian Red Cross?
I don't think this course is approved or appropriate for workplace certification requirements by Canadian Red Cross
You can check available sessions here: https://myrc.redcross.ca/en/
I tried searching for All Canada, for any Virtual Instructor, or Online Self-Directed courses that qualify, and there are 0 results for all of 2021
Jul 30, 2017
34 posts
63 upvotes
Thanks OP. Everyone at home "did" the course and got a certificate. I have done "proper" in-person half and full day courses before. This course is nothing like it - this is just a "lite" version. But at least people will become informed - which is a plus in my book. Especially when free.
Oct 17, 2008
671 posts
218 upvotes
Earth
Seems like the offer for extended to June...Smiling Face With Sunglasses