Investing

Dividend shares We’re received after I sold my shares

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 12th, 2019 8:24 am
Sep 2, 2009
658 posts
431 upvotes
Ottawa
GoodFellaz wrote: if u transferred it to a self directed broker like rbc direct investing or scotia itrade, your drip shares and regular certificate shares will be pooled as one, you would simply put a sale request for the one amount and voila, you wont have this problem.
He said he sold his shares and then is left with 2 shares that came from the DRIP post-sale (sold after the ex-date)
[OP]
Nov 23, 2010
564 posts
64 upvotes
Montreal
I called and cracked my famous joke about Monica and Bill. I got the shares sold without commission.

Happy Ending :)
Do Not put All your Eggs in One Basket!
Overtaxed, Underpaid, Overpriced Proud Canadian!
Deal Addict
May 11, 2014
3799 posts
3764 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
xgbsSS wrote: If it makes you feel better, I own approx 0.53 shares of Oneok through their DRIP. It costs $20 US to sell the shares via DRIP, and the shares are worth about $30. I asked the admin to waive the fee but they refused. So instead of DRiPing, they are paying me $0.48 cheque every 3 months, paying over $1USD in stamps to send me this cheque. Great way to keep my US e-Savings account at RBC active :P
Whoops... didn't realize my cheques are now $0.49. CHA-ching!
Support your local Credit Union!

Sask Pension Plan Upto $6300/yr in Credit Card spending on RRSP contributions
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/sask-pen ... ns-2167222
Feb 7, 2015
24 posts
16 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I contacted RBC direct investing few days ago.... told them this exact situation and I managed to sell my 2 great west life shares with $0 commission that resulted from DRIP. Will be more mindful of dividend dates going forward.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)