• Last Updated:
  • Sep 17th, 2020 1:39 pm
[OP]
May 5, 2017
134 posts
126 upvotes

DIY Light living room on a budget

Hi,
i live in a condo townhouse. my living room is quite dark. i need to add some light to it. i thought of pot light initially. i can do it myself but the ESA permit and inspection is adding a good cost to it. i also think homeowner's are not allowed for DIY electric work in condo.

now i have another idea. how about 12v led recessed light. if i install them (say 10 of them) and run the wire to a central driver and plug it to an existing outlet, do i still need permit and inspection?
1 reply
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
12866 posts
7595 upvotes
Markham
Rakalraj wrote: Hi,
i live in a condo townhouse. my living room is quite dark. i need to add some light to it. i thought of pot light initially. i can do it myself but the ESA permit and inspection is adding a good cost to it. i also think homeowner's are not allowed for DIY electric work in condo.

now i have another idea. how about 12v led recessed light. if i install them (say 10 of them) and run the wire to a central driver and plug it to an existing outlet, do i still need permit and inspection?
With condos...if you do something and something bad happens (not that it will happen, but if it does happen), you might be exposed to a massive world of pain.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!