Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
DJI

DJI Fathers Day Sale

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 20th, 2021 7:56 pm
Apr 24, 2012
640 posts
1021 upvotes
Vancouver

DJI Fathers Day Sale

Deal Link:
Savings:
up to 30%
Expiry:
June 21, 2020
Retailer:
DJI
Prices are USD.

Mavic Mini "free gift" is an extra battery, which is regularly sold for $39US (https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-min ... ht-battery)

There is additional 10% education discount for those who have school email address: https://store.dji.com/pages/education
mail.jpg
mail (4).gif
mail (3).gif
mail (2).gif
mail (1).gif
Images
  • mail.gif
Last edited by zaporozhets on Jun 12th, 2020 5:02 pm, edited 5 times in total.
405 replies
Aug 23, 2011
65 posts
60 upvotes
MONTR
Pulling the trigger for the mavic mini witout the Combo now that it comes with a free battery. This drone has a great value.
Feb 2, 2020
24 posts
24 upvotes
Ahhh I so want to get this, but then I don't know what I can do with it.

I am afraid I would buy it, gets yelled at by wife, use it for some kid footage and it will become a dust collector.

Is anyone here who fly drones on the regular? I can think of using it to check the roof, what else can I do with it?
Mar 7, 2011
605 posts
559 upvotes
Vancouver
5% coupon if you subscribe to their email
Nov 6, 2019
74 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto/Ajax
JaySeekDeals wrote: Ahhh I so want to get this, but then I don't know what I can do with it.

I am afraid I would buy it, gets yelled at by wife, use it for some kid footage and it will become a dust collector.

Is anyone here who fly drones on the regular? I can think of using it to check the roof, what else can I do with it?
I almost bought it the other day, but then I realized there's very few places worth flying over that are allowed. I stay in DT Toronto, and essentially all of it is no-fly zone for drones because of the Billy Bishop Airport. Not allowed in Provincial or Federal Parks. Not allowed over private property (this one is fair).
Feb 3, 2019
275 posts
130 upvotes
Halton Hills, Ontari…
i have been eyeing Mavic air 2 since it got launched. Not sure if flying in Canada would be an issue specially with DJI's geofencing
May 10, 2016
672 posts
1204 upvotes
There's a lot more on sale than just these, and some items you can stack the 10% education discount. I picked up a Ronin-SC Pro (with focus motor) for $331.20 USD all in. It's only around $40 USD more to get the focus controls because without it you don't clear the free shipping limit.
Aug 23, 2011
65 posts
60 upvotes
MONTR
elbarto232 wrote: I almost bought it the other day, but then I realized there's very few places worth flying over that are allowed. I stay in DT Toronto, and essentially all of it is no-fly zone for drones because of the Billy Bishop Airport. Not allowed in Provincial or Federal Parks. Not allowed over private property (this one is fair).
You CAN fly it in Toronto. The Mavic mini is a 250g drone and is not subject to "all" Transport Canada rules as long as you fly responsibly.
May 10, 2016
672 posts
1204 upvotes
The mavic mini can be legally flown anywhere as long as you're not reckless or negligent, however DJI has its own no-fly zone map that prevents you from taking off too close to airports. This is slightly different than the Transport Canada no-fly zone maps (which don't apply to the Mini).

Larger drones have to obey the no-fly zones set out by Transport Canada.

If you want to fly in major cities or within a few kilometers of an airport, get a Mavic Mini. No license is required. Photos and videos are good enough for social media and it's a great starter drone. No obstacle avoidance though.

If you're more serious get a Mavic Air 2 or Mavic 2 Pro. You need a at least a basic license and can't fly them in any airport control zones (ie. most big cities) without Nav Canada approval. Cameras are better, range is better, and they have obstacle avoidance but expect to fly them in the wilderness, but not national or provincial parks.
Last edited by Solarisphere on Jun 12th, 2020 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Apr 14, 2015
158 posts
48 upvotes
Regina, SK
vamp8888 wrote: You CAN fly it in Toronto. The Mavic mini is a 250g drone and is not subject to "all" Transport Canada rules as long as you fly responsibly.
But the no-fly zones (5 nm radius of aerodromes, provincial and national parks) still applies. you just don't need a registration and license to operate.
Aug 23, 2011
65 posts
60 upvotes
MONTR
mf4361 wrote: But the no-fly zones (5 nm radius of aerodromes, provincial and national parks) still applies. you just don't need a registration and license to operate.
For national Parks, I've heard you can fly there as long as you don't takeoff and land there.
May 10, 2016
672 posts
1204 upvotes
vamp8888 wrote: For national Parks, I've heard you can fly there as long as you don't takeoff and land there.
That is incorrect. Nav Canada has implemented a no fly zone over national and provincial parks. I believe you can fly over municipal parks though as long as you don't take off or land in them. Parks and the municipalities only have jurisdiction over take-off and landing in their parks, Nav Canada controls the airspace.
Last edited by Solarisphere on Jun 12th, 2020 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 10, 2016
672 posts
1204 upvotes
mf4361 wrote: But the no-fly zones (5 nm radius of aerodromes, provincial and national parks) still applies. you just don't need a registration and license to operate.
The no fly zones around airports don't apply. Provincial and National parks have a moratorium on all flights (drones large and small, and passenger aircraft) below 2000' AGL without approval or parks to avoid disturbing wildlife and generally maintain the peace and quiet.
May 10, 2016
672 posts
1204 upvotes
hchai wrote: No drone is allowed in national park, period.

https://www.pc.gc.ca/en/voyage-travel/r ... les/drones
You can fly with approval (which you're only going to get with a damn good reason, such as commercial filming) and flights over 2000' AGL are allowed but DJI's drones have a software limit of 500m. With modification you could do it but it's very much a corner case. The parks page you linked isn't actually a law so they can't fine you based on that. If you read the actual regulations they only stop you from taking off and landing within the parks. Flying over parks is regulated by Nav Canada.
Feb 3, 2019
275 posts
130 upvotes
Halton Hills, Ontari…
i've heard geofencing is not a total blocker. You can still apply for approval from DJI website and fly but it sure is a hassle. Places like airports are a total no fly zone for any sort of drone.
Oct 23, 2013
324 posts
375 upvotes
Calgary
Anyone knows if Mavic Mini Fly More Combo also get the extra battery?
May 10, 2016
672 posts
1204 upvotes
AseemS12143 wrote: i've heard geofencing is not a total blocker. You can still apply for approval from DJI website and fly but it sure is a hassle. Places like airports are a total no fly zone for any sort of drone.
If you're getting geofenced you really shouldn't be flying there. They only block you completely if you're immediately next to an airport, and even then you can get it unlocked if you actually have approval to fly there.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
4777 posts
5071 upvotes
East GTA
If you remember your college or uni email and still have access to it, you can get a 10% education discount.
NO SOUP FOR YOU!

+1337

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)