Expired Hot Deals

[DJI] DJI Osmo Action USD$299 (no tax free shipping)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 15th, 2019 1:26 pm
Tags:
[OP]
May 5, 2013
403 posts
280 upvotes
NORTH YORK

DJI Osmo Action USD$299 (no tax free shipping)

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
Expiry:
August 29, 2019
Retailer:
DJI
Update:
DJI Summer sale: Aug 15 - 29
https://store.dji.com/event/summer-stor ... dex_banner

Extremely well build and excellent video quality. Updates fix all issues found before... I use it from day 1 and very happy with it.

Osmo Action
USD $299
USD $349
You Save:USD $50
Tax:Included
Shipping:Free
Unleash your other side with Osmo Action's dual screens and RockSteady stabilization letting you capture it all.
Dual Screens
4K HDR Video
RockSteady
8x Slow Motion
UHD Image Quality
Waterproof

Last edited by AIOReward on Aug 15th, 2019 1:29 pm, edited 7 times in total.
14 replies
Apr 18, 2017
311 posts
527 upvotes
Might want to put USD in the title. ~$400 CAD. Seems okay, looks like the. Canadian Sellers have it for close to that price regularly, but not right now. So I guess that's warm.
[OP]
May 5, 2013
403 posts
280 upvotes
NORTH YORK
User131439 wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 11:14 am
Might want to put USD in the title. ~$400 CAD. Seems okay, looks like the. Canadian Sellers have it for close to that price regularly, but not right now. So I guess that's warm.
Thx. Fixed. It's about 15% off, around $400CAD, if buy from Bestbuy need $530. Warm at least...
Last edited by AIOReward on Aug 15th, 2019 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
11969 posts
22126 upvotes
Scarborough
User131439 wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 11:14 am
If I remember correctly you also don't pay duties or tax so that's a little extra savings over buying here.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2004
1947 posts
375 upvotes
Richmond, BC
what exactly were the issues prior? my dad has one and i wonder if his is updated
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1118 posts
728 upvotes
Not to hijack -but- how is this compared to the GoPro. I love my go pro and it is indestructible.

Is this a direct competition product?

I’ll obviously look it up, and I love Dji drones, but I can’t see how someone could out do the the go pro — even DJI.

And a heads up. It’s more than 30 cents on the dollar right now.

Lots of converters online to see to see your closer actual cost. I just got back from the Fortnite World Cup and that exchange is a killer. So assuming no tax and shipping I think that $400.00 CAD is a pretty close estimate.

https://themoneyconverter.com/USD/CAD

Thanks
[OP]
May 5, 2013
403 posts
280 upvotes
NORTH YORK
MexicanPeso wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 11:36 am
Not to hijack -but- how is this compared to the GoPro. I love my go pro and it is indestructible.

Is this a direct competition product?

I’ll obviously look it up, and I love Dji drones, but I can’t see how someone could out do the the go pro — even DJI.

And a heads up. It’s more than 30 cents on the dollar right now.

Lots of converters online to see to see your closer actual cost. I just got back from the Fortnite World Cup and that exchange is a killer. So assuming no tax and shipping I think that $400.00 CAD is a pretty close estimate.

https://themoneyconverter.com/USD/CAD

Thanks
If you already have GoPro Hero 7, not worth to "upgrade" to Osmo Action in my opinion.

If have none, go for the Osmo, better usability overall. The dual screen feature on the Osmo Action make life much easier.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2006
1649 posts
350 upvotes
my gopro overheats all the time, returned; got this and osmo pocket
[OP]
May 5, 2013
403 posts
280 upvotes
NORTH YORK
syn3rgetic wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 11:30 am
what exactly were the issues prior? my dad has one and i wonder if his is updated
Some users notice connection and interface lag issues. I notices the screen lag while shotting on 2K supersteady mode. Not a big deal, no one look at the tiny screen while recording anyway.
[OP]
May 5, 2013
403 posts
280 upvotes
NORTH YORK
sircool wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 12:03 pm
my gopro overheats all the time, returned; got this and osmo pocket
Osmo Act get hot as well when I use it as dashcam recording under sun light. It hold up the temperature and work without any issue. Very impressive.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2006
1649 posts
350 upvotes
AIOReward wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 12:08 pm
Osmo Act get hot as well when I use it as dashcam recording under sun light. It hold up the temperature and work without any issue. Very impressive.
my gopro overheats then halts in less than 20 minutes, had to pull out the battery every time it halts...so returned, Act works fine even overheats, so a keeper; pocket is very convenient / portable, it makes perfect panorama photo (the camera head moves itself, just need to hold the handle still)
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2010
1116 posts
742 upvotes
Montreal
My GoPro never overheated for me, personaly I prefer the IQ of the GoPro over the Osmo. Colors and dynamic is vastly superior on the GP.

The one thing that really turned me off about the Osmo is the screen delay.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1118 posts
728 upvotes
AIOReward wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 11:56 am
If you already have GoPro Hero 7, not worth to "upgrade" to Osmo Action in my opinion.

If have none, go for the Osmo, better usability overall. The dual screen feature on the Osmo Action make life much easier.
God I hate RFD, lol. You have me considering this. How is it with duty and customs?

I may wait for the GoPro 8 and then decide. My current GoPro is amazing but I could use two.

Thanks.
[OP]
May 5, 2013
403 posts
280 upvotes
NORTH YORK
No tax, no duty, no shipping fee... I'm in Ontario.

MexicanPeso wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 1:19 pm
God I hate RFD, lol. You have me considering this. How is it with duty and customs?

I may wait for the GoPro 8 and then decide. My current GoPro is amazing but I could use two.

Thanks.