Expired Hot Deals

[DNS4ME] dns4me.net Smart DNS - $46 CAD per year.

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 25th, 2020 6:45 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2014
1005 posts
1511 upvotes
GPS - error

dns4me.net Smart DNS - $46 CAD per year.

Deal Link:
Price:
$46
Retailer:
DNS4ME
Pretty good deal on a really good smart dns service ...

It's one of the only smart dns services I'm aware of that let's you specify your own custom domains,
and comes with a DNS Log tool to help you find out what host names you need to fake location for ...

For example, for Pluto TV you need to use a US server for "api.pluto.tv", but you can also use UK if you want UK content, etc.
Works great for Amazon 4k FireTV, enables US Prime shows (at least partially) as I can stream "SpongeBob SquarePants" :-)

Also supports up to 3 IP zones, so you can enable it for 3 different IP's at the same time ...
No slowdowns like with a VPN, so if you just need it for geo unblocking it's better than a VPN.

Use coupon code: lovewp and also switch funds to AUD to get it for $50.06 AUD ~ $45.93 CAD.
14 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2004
1474 posts
114 upvotes
Montreal
Interesting...

How does it compare to Smart DNS Proxy if you have ever used it?

My smartdnsproxy 3yr deal runs out next month :(
Knowledge is power
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2014
1005 posts
1511 upvotes
GPS - error
Nitram wrote: Interesting...

How does it compare to Smart DNS Proxy if you have ever used it?

My smartdnsproxy 3yr deal runs out next month :(
I have used it, it looks very similar but I went with dns4me because I can override domains,
and with smartdns support would not override some polish tv channels I requested ...
even though I told them what hostnames were needed ...
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
11084 posts
7661 upvotes
Oil Country
There's a few services that offer lifetime subs from time to time for under $50. I was purchased three Getflix lifetime subs at different times for about $40CAD through Stacksocial. Works great for me. I use it with Hulu, Vudu, Pandora, and a few other US based streaming services. It doesn't work for getting US Netflix though. BTW, I've been using the first sub for about 4 years now, and second for about 3 years, and the third for about 1-2 years. All three are setup in different houses.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
2569 posts
1571 upvotes
GVRD
fudge_u wrote: There's a few services that offer lifetime subs from time to time for under $50. I was purchased three Getflix lifetime subs at different times for about $40CAD through Stacksocial. Works great for me. I use it with Hulu, Vudu, Pandora, and a few other US based streaming services. It doesn't work for getting US Netflix though. BTW, I've been using the first sub for about 4 years now, and second for about 3 years, and the third for about 1-2 years. All three are setup in different houses.
I have a lifetime sub with Getflix too and they are having issues beating Netflix because of how Netflix do reverse look up. Their included VPN services uses OpenDNS and blocks a lot of sites. I bought them as backup service if Windscribe decides to kill off their lifetime subs.

My primary is still IronSocket, their DNS service is reasonably good. There is a bit of delay to start the stream on Netflix (because of how Netflix does reverse lookup), otherwise both the VPN and DNS services are good and inexpensive at USD$25/yr during their sales.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
18355 posts
26186 upvotes
ONTARIO
Signed up for the trial to check it out. So far seems to work great on my Nvidia Shield.

At first I couldn't get the US Amazon Prime library, but I realized it defaults to using UK and you have to change it to US in the services settings. Now it's seeing the entire US library just fine.

Also had no idea there was a UK version of Pluto TV. Switched it over to the UK and now there's so many more movies to stream.
Mar 17, 2018
944 posts
1367 upvotes
Not promoting but OpenDNS is only $20 USD a year. Heard they're one of the best.

https://www.opendns.com/home-internet-security/
Yes, I'd like to price match RedFlagDeals please - Ken Adams
$50 15GB Unlimited Talk and Text
$22.99 1GB Unlimited Talk/Text Canada Public Mobile
$0.00 a month (FREE using Google Opinion Rewards) Unlimited Talk/Text Fongo Mobile App
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
18355 posts
26186 upvotes
ONTARIO
escape1975 wrote: Pretty good deal on a really good smart dns service ...

It's one of the only smart dns services I'm aware of that let's you specify your own custom domains,
and comes with a DNS Log tool to help you find out what host names you need to fake location for ...

Works great for Amazon 4k FireTV, enables US Prime shows (at least partially) as I can stream "SpongeBob SquarePants" :-)
I am not sure if it works on the Fire TV (it probably will), but if you sideload install the "Amazon Video" apk (v3.11.44) that is ripped from the Sony Android TV, it will give you access to the full US library (as long as you're using a smart DNS of course).

I use it on my Nvidia Shield and it works great. Only caveat is it maxes out at 1080p, so no 4k. No really a deal breaker though considering you get full US library access.

If you want to check it out, I have a copy on my dropbox:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hk0p6o91pttr8 ... 4.apk?dl=1
Nov 15, 2014
213 posts
49 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
are you getting the US and U.K. Netflix on the Shield too? I could never get my nord vpn to work on the shield

(and you’re talking about the dns4me not SmartDns that was mentioned above right?)
Apr 29, 2018
776 posts
427 upvotes
SmartDNSProxy is one the first and the biggest companies to do this. They own Getflix and I absolutely love having got their lifetime deal. The best service imo.
Dec 24, 2017
478 posts
815 upvotes
lel
Anyone care to explain the difference between this and a VPN?
Koodo $45 - 4GB +1GB bonus (retention deal). S9 for $360-150 GC
Good toilet paper/paper towel deals
Nov 10, 2013
10 posts
8 upvotes
Pingalino wrote: Anyone care to explain the difference between this and a VPN?
End-to-end encryption between you and the provider. In the case of a VPN, your ISP (or anyone between you and your vpn provider, for example in the case of a man-in-the-middle attack) cannot see where the traffic goes/comes from, as the traffic is encrypted and it looks like a bunch of gibberish for whoever is looking at it. A DNS service also tunnels your traffic, but without the added protection of the extra encryption layer.

Do note that HTTPS does encrypt all traffic, so while people can snoop on the domain (website) where the requests are made, it isn't possible to see the content of the request or critical info such as passwords or banking info unless they are being sent over plain http.
Aug 14, 2019
779 posts
373 upvotes
escape1975 wrote: Pretty good deal on a really good smart dns service ...

For example, for Pluto TV you need to use a US server for "api.pluto.tv", but you can also use UK if you want UK content, etc.

Also supports up to 3 IP zones, so you can enable it for 3 different IP's at the same time ...
No slowdowns like with a VPN, so if you just need it for geo unblocking it's better than a VPN.

Use coupon code: lovewp and also switch funds to AUD to get it for $50.06 AUD ~ $45.93 CAD.
Their site doesn't mention which country's DNS servers you have access to. :rolleyes:
Sep 10, 2015
190 posts
34 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Have used dns4me for over 3 years. Best customer service