Automotive

Do Ford incentives for F150 come out on a regular basis/pattern???

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 5th, 2017 3:05 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2008
2892 posts
251 upvotes

Do Ford incentives for F150 come out on a regular basis/pattern???

Just curious, but I will be in the market for a new pickup in the future and the F150 is one of my options. I don't pay much attention ATM to incentives but was wondering from those in the know, do they have a pattern to them? In that, do they always come out say before Christmas or certain holidays, or do they come out several times a year in specific intervals? It would help me time my purchase when it comes up.

Cheers
The best way to become ordinary is to follow the advice of ordinary people.
Unless you've actually tried something, your comments are virtually meaningless.
Condemnation before investigation is the highest form of ignorance
13 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2005
4684 posts
1054 upvotes
Kitchener
Best time is the end of September plus Costco $1000 rebate
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28077 posts
13891 upvotes
Ottawa
Drthorne wrote:
Jan 1st, 2017 1:27 pm
Best time is the end of September plus Costco $1000 rebate
Best time is previous MY clearout or employee pricing and Costco discount.
I've seen up to $10k discounts on F series, just from the factory alone.
Mar 24, 2016
542 posts
484 upvotes
scarborough
My 2013 FX4 had an factory employee discount of $13,500 off list plus I saved another $1000 buy having a costco membership and also scored anpther $1000 in dealer accessories. I purchased it around June. The following year for 2014 the disount was basically the same without the dealer accesories. In 2015 the discount were not as high iI think possible because of the new F150 model change. And this year i have a feeling you wont see those high discounts because of the dollars. F150 are made in the states.

Anyways the best times to purchase would be starting around june to september. Another factor would be the dealership you going to purchase from. For example in Toronto there a couple high volume dealership which will give you a better price however they tend to fail on after market support. That really shouldn't matter as much since the warranty is covered all over.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
2290 posts
778 upvotes
Calgary
Recent quote I got on a 2017 Lariat 10 speed was around $11,700 in total discounts and low rate. This is basically equivalent to employee pricing in summer when they do 13-14K in discounts and higher rates. So it depends if you need to finance and lease or you are paying cash. If paying cash summer employee pricing is the way to go.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2008
2892 posts
251 upvotes
Thanks everyone. I would be buying it in the time from roughly June-July but could wait a bit longer if need be. I'd rather not but would for the incentives and discounts. Looks like I should be ok based on what you all have said.

Cheers
Unless you've actually tried something, your comments are virtually meaningless.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
32978 posts
7176 upvotes
Ottawa
Seems to me that truck price MSRP's are so way out there that they always have incentives offering 10 or more grand off plus free options all the time.
Life is short......Make sure you spend as much time as possible on the internet arguing with strangers about politics :). Anonymous
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2008
2892 posts
251 upvotes
explorer11 wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2017 11:02 am
Check this outYour text to link here...
Thanks. I was thinking about the XLT sports package and if I was in the market now, I'd be getting one. I can't believe people sell used 2014 F150's similarily equipped, with 60-70k for only 5-6 grand less than a new model. Who's buying them?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2008
2892 posts
251 upvotes
Pete_Coach wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2017 11:25 am
Seems to me that truck price MSRP's are so way out there that they always have incentives offering 10 or more grand off plus free options all the time.
True. I just wanted to ask if there was method to this maddness. A pattern.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2005
4684 posts
1054 upvotes
Kitchener
Sibica wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2017 1:52 pm
Thanks. I was thinking about the XLT sports package and if I was in the market now, I'd be getting one. I can't believe people sell used 2014 F150's similarily equipped, with 60-70k for only 5-6 grand less than a new model. Who's buying them?
Americans
Mar 24, 2016
542 posts
484 upvotes
scarborough
At those prices its really not work buying used.. When I bought my 2013 there was tons on the road. Now you see the newer model. Wondering where did they all go.

Anyways. There is another Ford dealership in Scarborough which has very good F-150 sales once in a while. Usually when they have their dealer promo sale they have tons on the lot. If you wait to long (like close to Sept) you may be stuck in getting one that is only on the lot. If you do it early summer then you can order one. It took about 4 weeks to get in. i ordered mine because i wanted the big tow mirrors which the trucks in stock did not have.
Last edited by explorer11 on Jan 4th, 2017 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 7, 2005
358 posts
19 upvotes
Newmarket
I got mine in Nov for $13500 off MSRP (factory has $8000 rebate and the rest was based on negotiation) and free winter tires with steel rim and TPMS (the winter safety promo). In Dec they gave $8000 + Costco but no winter tires so which was similar. However, you may not able to have too much choice when it comes to year end as it was the 16 models offering the discounts.