• Last Updated:
  • Jul 29th, 2020 1:51 pm
[OP]
Dec 26, 2012
631 posts
562 upvotes
Hamilton

Do high end appliances ever go on sale?

I just bought a house and the kitchen is beautifully remodeled but is pretty neutral (like all new kitchens, white on white on white) so it's ripe for a designer coloured ranged. I was thinking a Bertazzoni, Fisher & Paykel, Smeg, maybe even a Kitchen Aid Commercial Colour one. I'm fine paying full price even though they're expensive as hell as it's just a single appliance i need.

Do these things ever go on sale? maybe i just don't know where to look. any advice?
17 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2005
5764 posts
1596 upvotes
they go on sale for sure.

sometimes the sales tend to be indirect.....buy a Wolf Range and Subzero fridge and get a Cove dishwasher for free

Miele sometimes includes 10 year warranty for 'free'
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2017
8330 posts
4049 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
Sub-Zero had (may still have) a 10% off sale a few (1-3) months ago.

Miele has a new sale every 1-3 months. Up until middle of last month, certain appliances were 10% off + 5 year warranty. Current promo is 10 year warranty or 10% off. Sale on certain other appliances too.

Keep an eye out at the appliance retailers for scratch 'n dent and demo/discontinued clearances too.

I picked up a discontinued dual-motor Vent-a-Hood a few years ago at the local distributors. Product was a showroom model that never saw any cooking action. Only difference vs. the new model was it had halogen lamps instead of built (and fixed) LEDs of the current model.
I smile when I see container ships sailing past my house laden with stuff made in China
Deal Fanatic
Dec 4, 2009
7339 posts
3063 upvotes
Cowboy905 wrote: I just bought a house and the kitchen is beautifully remodeled but is pretty neutral (like all new kitchens, white on white on white) so it's ripe for a designer coloured ranged. I was thinking a Bertazzoni, Fisher & Paykel, Smeg, maybe even a Kitchen Aid Commercial Colour one. I'm fine paying full price even though they're expensive as hell as it's just a single appliance i need.

Do these things ever go on sale? maybe i just don't know where to look. any advice?

We owned this, meh. Mediocre performance, we had some problems with it. It looks really sharp though.

I'd go Bluestar if you want something more visually appealing than standard ranges.

And if you want something interesting, sales are few and far between.
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky
Oct 7, 2004
491 posts
407 upvotes
Wolf has save the tax on until the end of the month, which is a great deal according to the major dealers especially if you're just looking for one product (13%)...apparently best sale so far. Most Wolf sales are only if you buy more than 2-3 product's...
[OP]
Dec 26, 2012
631 posts
562 upvotes
Hamilton
Toukolou wrote: Image

We owned this, meh. Mediocre performance, we had some problems with it. It looks really sharp though.

I'd go Bluestar if you want something more visually appealing than standard ranges.

And if you want something interesting, sales are few and far between.
well then. this is the exact one i was thinking but in 30". Thank you for this.
[OP]
Dec 26, 2012
631 posts
562 upvotes
Hamilton
nimz wrote: Wolf has save the tax on until the end of the month, which is a great deal according to the major dealers especially if you're just looking for one product (13%)...apparently best sale so far. Most Wolf sales are only if you buy more than 2-3 product's...
how does this work? would it be a store or would all stores that self wolf have access to this deal? this might be my best bet.
Oct 7, 2004
491 posts
407 upvotes
Cowboy905 wrote: how does this work? would it be a store or would all stores that self wolf have access to this deal? this might be my best bet.
All stores that sell Wolf....doesnt matter where you go Wolf is the same price everywhere as they have a seperate portal for ordering. They discount the price by 13% and then since were in Ontario they still charge tax but its on the lower amount...still a significant savings. If you need a contact for a retailer I'm happy to share my experience at one recently, just DM me.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 4, 2009
7339 posts
3063 upvotes
nimz wrote: All stores that sell Wolf....doesnt matter where you go Wolf is the same price everywhere as they have a seperate portal for ordering. They discount the price by 13% and then since were in Ontario they still charge tax but its on the lower amount...still a significant savings. If you need a contact for a retailer I'm happy to share my experience at one recently, just DM me.
The Bay has done some pretty significant single item Wolf discount events in the past. Rare though.

Very mixed reviews on Wolf (true of most high-end, pseudo commercial appliance brands). Be prepared to shell out for repairs if need be.
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
22774 posts
21607 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
To everything there is a season ...

Trick is finding out what month the NEW Models arrive in

And look for sales 2 months either side of that

For regular middle of the road appliances ... the new models come out in the Fall
(Except for Fridges & ACs ... which are on a Spring cycle )

GOOGLE, or ask around ... and you shall find out the cycle for whatever Appliance manufacturer you are interested in
Even the high end stuff
Last edited by PointsHubby on Jul 29th, 2020 9:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2019
1993 posts
1723 upvotes
GTA
Cowboy905 wrote: Do these things ever go on sale? maybe i just don't know where to look. any advice?
Go to the Goemans, CAS, Tasco websites.

They all post their clearance stuff, you can sort by whats in a box vs whats been a floor model.

Next up, most of these sites have a long list of all the current promos. It's usually just a PDF file, and it doesn't apply to stuff when you look at it on the sites.

Usually from these sales, for the super high end brands, you can expect, 5 - 10 - 15%, usually connected to how many pieces you buy of a brand. Or they will just have a flat 10% off sale.

Some other manufactures like say Fisher & Paykel or Bosch, have a lot of combo deals. IIRC Fisher and Paykel has like $750 off a fridge, or $2600 off if you buy a fridge and cooktop. There's lots of these, just need to look at them and see which ones apply to you most.

Hope that helps.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2012
4587 posts
4015 upvotes
Toronto
I've bought three 30" Bluestar ranges.

One I bought new for our kitchen reno about 10 years ago when the CAD was strong. Bought it at KWA Appliances on Eglinton and paid around $2500 for it if I recall.

Then, I picked up a used one for our offgrid cabin. Seriously. I had a Unique propane stove in there that I paid $1200 for new, but found a Bluestar converted to propane sitting on someone's front porch for $400. Was greasy and a mess, but I took a chunk of it apart, cleaned it up and it's great. Sold the Unique for $800.

A year or so ago, I stumbled across another Bluestar on Kijiji for $50. I thought it was a joke, but it wasn't. Drove out, picked it up. The door was slightly damaged but easily repaired or replaced. I cleaned it up, listed it on Kijiji and it took me weeks to unload it ultimately letting it go for $250.

So - long story short, if you don't care what shade of yellow the range is, there are deals out there if you can live with a used range.

Bluestar ranges are deadly simple. You can take the entire thing apart with a Philips screwdriver. Yes, there isn't any programming, timers etc. on them and they do leak a LOT of heat from the oven, but I expect my two 30" ranges will be working long after I'm gone.
[OP]
Dec 26, 2012
631 posts
562 upvotes
Hamilton
thanks guys. i have a request in with Tasco for Wolf, and i have a custom build in with bluestar and waiting to hear back on that. I'll also check kijiji. I LOVE the look of the bertazzoni's but as one user above said they got mixed reviews, and the internet largely says the same.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2012
4587 posts
4015 upvotes
Toronto
Cowboy905 wrote: thanks guys. i have a request in with Tasco for Wolf, and i have a custom build in with bluestar and waiting to hear back on that. I'll also check kijiji. I LOVE the look of the bertazzoni's but as one user above said they got mixed reviews, and the internet largely says the same.
Call KWA on Eglinton. Authorized dealer for all the big high end brands and you're not paying for a ridiculous showroom like at Tasco. They got me a good deal when I bought my Bluestar.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 4, 2009
7339 posts
3063 upvotes
nimz wrote: For sure! I heard there customer service is top notch but hoping it won't get to that after 2 years...paying with a CC gets an extra year so 3 years total for warranty.
Warranties are great, unless you need to wait weeks/months for a repair appt./needed part and it's your only fridge/stove etc...

We waited 2 months for a warranty repair Bertazzoni part, thankfully we had a 2nd stove.
Lucky