Entrepreneurship & Small Business

Do I need to inform Service Canada in change in self-employment jobs while on EI?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 24th, 2020 11:30 pm
[OP]
Nov 11, 2016
24 posts
1 upvote

Do I need to inform Service Canada in change in self-employment jobs while on EI?

I'm currently on EI and I had already informed Service Canada about my decision in wanting to try self-employment part-time while on EI. It was an excruciatingly long waiting period for Service Canada to approve and finally pay me EI. Now I want to try another type of self-employment, but if I've already informed Service Canada that I'm going to be doing self-employment do I need to inform them of the change in job type even though I've already informed them that I would be doing self-employment?

I'm honestly worried that they'll stall my EI payments again for a very long time and since the coronavirus is going on right now I'm worried it'll take them even longer. Could I just go ahead and do this new self-employment idea since they already know I'm doing self-employment work right now?
1 reply
Apr 23, 2020
23 posts
I think you should enroll in reporting service either Online or by phone every 2 weeks.