• Last Updated:
  • Feb 10th, 2020 10:55 am
Tags:
Mar 17, 2006
738 posts
203 upvotes
Markham

Do I Need to Upgrade My Internet?

I'm with Cannet, on their 150down and 15up, unlimited plan. This is a Rogers reseller and it's cable. Unfortunately, fibre is not available in my building, except with Robbers or Bhell which I won't go with.

Lately, I've been getting a lot of congestion in the evenings. Netflix 4k runs no problem, IPTV has some buffering in the evenings, and the online game I play has been having latency spikes and packet loss lately. No torrenting and most devices are connected by ethernet.

When I call to complain, they say I'm a heavy user and there's too much congestion on my network and they want me to upgrade. Upon checking my usage, for the month of January my total usage is about 900gb down and up, averaging about 30gb a day.

Would upgrading to their 300down and 20up plan help alleviate my issues?
2 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2004
2907 posts
924 upvotes
Toronto
azndoughboi wrote: ... Would upgrading to their 300down and 20up plan help alleviate my issues?
No.
They have already proven that they are unable to provide even close to their advertised 150Mb/s when you use it.
Deal Guru
Oct 16, 2008
11337 posts
5529 upvotes
Vaughan
OP
No.
It happens everywhere on cable internet at that time. Upgrading will not help, just think, it is still same line. You won't any better just pay more $$$.