do ING direct cheques still work?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 16th, 2018 9:30 am
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2008
4731 posts
2788 upvotes

do ING direct cheques still work?

LOL. I was one of the early customers of ING Direct before they switched to Tangerine and I'm about to use my cheque #3. Do they still work?
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2013
6479 posts
3344 upvotes
Kingston, ON
What counts are the bank, branch, and account numbers at the bottom of the cheque. If you pull up your account info on Tangerine, are the numbers the same?

I know PCF cheques still work for Simplii since their CIBC numbers didn’t change.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2008
4731 posts
2788 upvotes
Mike15 wrote: What counts are the bank, branch, and account numbers at the bottom of the cheque. If you pull up your account info on Tangerine, are the numbers the same?

I know PCF cheques still work for Simplii since their CIBC numbers didn’t change.

Confirmed the same; guess it will work. Thanks!
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2009
1107 posts
258 upvotes
Toronto
Yeah all that matters are the micr numbers on the bottom. Some banks allow for personalized cheques so the old ING cheques are just a background image that can be considered the same as a personalized image.
Participant in:
Koodo Mobile - $25/month with 30GB LTE for 24 months (with $5 24 month credit).
Microsoft Price Error - ASUS TUF FX505DT-UB52
40" 4K Samsung TV Monitor User - DM to Ask me anything.
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2012
1047 posts
490 upvotes
Trois-Rivières, QC
What Mike15 and morpheus_1987 said. And for further reassurance, please read this answer from a Tangerine employee.
"Our name may have changed, but our transit, institution and account numbers have stayed the same. This means you can still use your ING DIRECT cheques until your booklet is done!"
https://www.facebook.com/TangerineBank/ ... 6003378974

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)