• Last Updated:
  • Sep 26th, 2019 12:44 pm
[OP]
Nov 12, 2012
557 posts
244 upvotes
Port Moody

Do Not Shop Online at True Religion Canada

Word of warning: True Religion Canada online purchases cannot be returned to the store - even though their website says they can!

There is a possibility it is a limitation of the store in BC, and this is a relatively new development since they changed their POS system, apparently.

The store manager shipped my return back to the warehouse himself ($67 for an express UPS label, paid by True Religion corporate!) because he was unable to process the return. It was a PITA and really time consuming, not to mention an uncomfortable experience.
4 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
12975 upvotes
If they offered a prepaid return label to you as well, I don't see why this is an issue.
Now... if you had to pay for shipping yourself that'd be a different issue.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
3129 posts
616 upvotes
Vancouver
Is it an issue of a "franchise" store vs "corporate" store?

I had a similar experience for Levi's.. bought online and went to return purchases at the Metrotown location. While there, they told me I can only do store returns at the corporate locations and not at the metro location because that was a franchise. Even though the website did not make a distinction and the metro location was listed like any other location.
[OP]
Nov 12, 2012
557 posts
244 upvotes
Port Moody
litebrite wrote: Is it an issue of a "franchise" store vs "corporate" store?

I had a similar experience for Levi's.. bought online and went to return purchases at the Metrotown location. While there, they told me I can only do store returns at the corporate locations and not at the metro location because that was a franchise. Even though the website did not make a distinction and the metro location was listed like any other location.
It was a corporate store. The issue had to do with web pricing being different than store pricing, and the POS system not being able to handle that.
[OP]
Nov 12, 2012
557 posts
244 upvotes
Port Moody
death_hawk wrote: If they offered a prepaid return label to you as well, I don't see why this is an issue.
Now... if you had to pay for shipping yourself that'd be a different issue.
It was an issue because a simple, instant return turned into a 20 minute fiasco, wherein the salesperson at the till argued with me that store returns were not allowed for online orders. I had to show her the return policy on the website. At that point she called over the manager, who "did me a favour" by returning the order to the warehouse. What if the manager wasn't in that day, or on lunch? Why should anyone have to jump through hoops to do a return because a documented policy can't be honoured at the store and requires quoting said documented policy to get the "Well, I'll do it for you THIS time answer"? That's BS.

This is simply a warning for anyone thinking of taking advantage of their online sale.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)