• Feb 22nd, 2008 4:29 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
19834 posts
5189 upvotes
Off the 404
wamrage wrote: It has barely been 2 weeks, but I believe they are located in Richmond hill? I would've got it by now....pretty much from anywhere in Canada.

I will keep you posted, but I doubt anything is coming. How does it make any sense to mail out cancellation notices via regular mail to online customers? They like wasting time and money? Doubtful.
Yea, no cancellation email, notice or anything. The only way I found out is that they never emailed me or anything so I went to check on their site, and there it was, 'Canceled'.

On my CC, it was a charge from 'ATIGERDIRECT' for $17.34.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
12091 posts
3405 upvotes
GTA
I have never nor will I ever shop at TigerDirect, due to their underhanded rebate scams a while back. I don't care if they have the best prices etc, they ain't getting a penny from me.

This thread just reaffirms my opinion.
[OP]
Apr 3, 2006
738 posts
1 upvote
Hugh Jass wrote: I have never nor will I ever shop at TigerDirect, due to their underhanded rebate scams a while back. I don't care if they have the best prices etc, they ain't getting a penny from me.

This thread just reaffirms my opinion.
Excellent! Make sure you tell other people to avoid them as well!

They screwed my brother over too. Sent him a defective motherboard and it took him weeks to get them to send him a replacement. The replacement was also defective and they said he'd have to wait till they got more of the model in, he said he was concerned about that model given that 2 were defective so he asked to have a comparable or better one sent out and they took their sweet time getting back to him. They told him they would ship him one but he has still been waiting.
Sep 16, 2007
479 posts
30 upvotes
Ancaster
Check your CC statement online. You'll know immediately if you've been charged or not. The sooner you find out the quicker you can get on them to refund it.
[OP]
Apr 3, 2006
738 posts
1 upvote
Hugh Jass wrote: Why shop there then?
I won't ever again....he got screwed over around the same time I did. Didn't find out till I told him my camera story.
[OP]
Apr 3, 2006
738 posts
1 upvote
MartinaC32 wrote: Check your CC statement online. You'll know immediately if you've been charged or not. The sooner you find out the quicker you can get on them to refund it.
It's a company in quebec and they don't do online billing for some reason.
Deal Guru
Sep 3, 2003
12225 posts
607 upvotes
Toronto
Do not Shop Tigerdirect.ca

It's not new news. I detest them.
Deal with it.
[OP]
Apr 3, 2006
738 posts
1 upvote
KorruptioN wrote: Do not Shop Tigerdirect.ca

It's not new news. I detest them.
Hey, the more people who find out about the way the do business, the better.

Know any other sites I can send/post this story to?
Aug 22, 2007
752 posts
33 upvotes
This is simply a case of a disgruntled customer upset and making the situation worse then it is. The reality is, if you want to make sure item is in stock, call in and have them put it on hold for you. Items get discontinued on a monthly bases. This is industry wide.

I know for a fact all ***** CA SKU's are not physically in stock and shipped from a 3rd party supplier. The credit card is not charged until the item ships out. Period.

In some cases, when you buy a computer +have disposal charges, you will get charged for the disposal right away and have to call in to get it reversed if the item becomes out of stock. Or you buy an computer and not have disposal fees when there should be, and get charged disposal fees afterwards.

Rebates are stupid and are designed to fail. Don't buy an item looking at the after rebate price. Be smart.

Products fall all the time. You buy a cheap brand, it will fail. Even good brands like Asus fail. No one sending you defective parts, this is just how things happen in the industry. I had to replace a motherboard 3 times before it worked.

Honestly I am tried of these childish hissy fits. I have dealt with all the big companies; they all have some problems, including tigetdirect. Most product complaint and problems are caused by consumer ignorance. Working in the industry, I wish there are a disclaimer or a required test before consumer should be allowed to buy.

People look at the problem from an objectively.
[OP]
Apr 3, 2006
738 posts
1 upvote
Knitecrow wrote: This is simply a case of a disgruntled customer upset and making the situation worse then it is. The reality is, if you want to make sure item is in stock, call in and have them put it on hold for you. Items get discontinued on a monthly bases. This is industry wide.

I know for a fact all ***** CA SKU's are not physically in stock and shipped from a 3rd party supplier. The credit card is not charged until the item ships out. Period.

In some cases, when you buy a computer +have disposal charges, you will get charged for the disposal right away and have to call in to get it reversed if the item becomes out of stock. Or you buy an computer and not have disposal fees when there should be, and get charged disposal fees afterwards.

Rebates are stupid and are designed to fail. Don't buy an item looking at the after rebate price. Be smart.

Products fall all the time. You buy a cheap brand, it will fail. Even good brands like Asus fail. No one sending you defective parts, this is just how things happen in the industry. I had to replace a motherboard 3 times before it worked.

Honestly I am tried of these childish hissy fits. I have dealt with all the big companies; they all have some problems, including tigetdirect. Most product complaint and problems are caused by consumer ignorance. Working in the industry, I wish there are a disclaimer or a required test before consumer should be allowed to buy.

People look at the problem from an objectively.
LOL, you're an idiot. Did you even read the thread?

You tell me that I should've called in to make sure it was in stock - why would I call to check the stock when the online order status displayed them item as shipped? I know how online retailers work, and your post added nothing new to this discussion. The bottom line is they screwed up on their website with the shipped status, failed to acknowledge their faults, and then lied to me about cancellation notification. Funny how the two things I really had a problem with are the two things you didn't really address in your reply. You should apply for a job at TigerDirect, you'd fit in perfectly.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2002
3569 posts
34 upvotes
Sask
OP is bang on... Tiger Direct Canada is well below average in terms of service, communication and integrity. I've had some good orders with them, but enough other problems that I've learned to avoid them.

Occasionally people tell me "but look at the deal, look at the number of customers, it won't happen to me". To those people I say "go ahead, order from Tiger Direct then". Typically within their first 1 or 2 orders, they have a problem and they learn.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2006
7285 posts
1864 upvotes
GTA
TigerDirect is notorious for bad customer service, lying, selling refurbished parts as new and more. I had my own bad experience with them a while back (yes, the ever-popular rebate scam).

Some here are trying to paint them as "typical big company" -- that is BS. I've never dealt with such terrible customer service at ANY company.
[OP]
Apr 3, 2006
738 posts
1 upvote
Thanks for re-affirming my thoughts guys^^^

Seems that Knite was trying to make me look like I'm an unreasonable customer since I'm satisfied.