Shopping Discussion

Do not Shop Tigerdirect.ca

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 22nd, 2008 4:29 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 8, 2002
12096 posts
3405 upvotes
GTA
peroxide8888 wrote: Desjardins, perhaps? I have one of their cards and it makes me nuts that I can't check my balance online.
Save yourself the aggro and get one that you can.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Apr 3, 2006
738 posts
1 upvote
peroxide8888 wrote: Desjardins, perhaps? I have one of their cards and it makes me nuts that I can't check my balance online.
Community Card Visa...I think it's part of Desjardins...I'm closing it out in a month or two anyway.
Dec 31, 1969
peroxide8888 wrote: Desjardins, perhaps? I have one of their cards and it makes me nuts that I can't check my balance online.
Off topic but that's strange...I can check my Desjardins Visa balance/transactions etc online...
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 15, 2004
3577 posts
499 upvotes
Richmond
Hugh Jass wrote: Save yourself the aggro and get one that you can.
Business expense card; total my receipts and I have the balance. I never do though, it would just be nice to know.
selpats wrote: Off topic but that's strange...I can check my Desjardins Visa balance/transactions etc online...
Mine's from Coast Capital Savings, and I didn't notice any links on their website. Do you go through the Desjardins site?
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 15, 2004
3577 posts
499 upvotes
Richmond
selpats wrote: We have ours through Coast Capital as well. Here is my good deed for the day...

http://www.coastcapital.desjardins.com/visacard/
Cheers, that's the same as the regular Desjardins site. I still have to call them to get access, and I don't think it's linked to my CCS accts by default. What I like about my personal accts with RBC is that everything is there on one page - without me having to request it.
Dec 31, 1969
peroxide8888 wrote: Cheers, that's the same as the regular Desjardins site. I still have to call them to get access, and I don't think it's linked to my CCS accts by default. What I like about my personal accts with RBC is that everything is there on one page - without me having to request it.
I agree, it would be nice to have it all in one that same as RBC... That's the only positive positive thing I can say about RBC...(that's a whole other story.)
Jr. Member
Nov 23, 2006
194 posts
shopping over at tigerdirect is a gamble. i wouldn't shop online though, just buy off the store. i bought a 42 in lcd in november and still works great (fingers crossed). if i had more money, i wouldnt have bought my TV there....the salesman even got pissed when I declined to get the extended warranty. i thought, if its a lemon, it'll break anyway...you go there to buy cheap items, thats the catch...plus, if you ever return an item, there's like a 15% restocking fee...
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 22, 2005
19838 posts
5195 upvotes
Off the 404
They finally replied, they said they will reverse it 'soon'.


Hrrrmmm....
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2006
9820 posts
856 upvotes
coriolis wrote: They finally replied, they said they will reverse it 'soon'.


Hrrrmmm....
Probably a long wait.

I never shopped @ TD after hearing my friend's rebate problem and it looks like they screwed up again.

That said, what you're asking for is somewhat unreasonable too. You're asking them to fork over an additional $50 (basically of credit). That doesnt sound like much but its actually 50% of the cost (from a buyer stand point) and free shipping (TD's shipping rate are generally high) so you're basically asking them to sell you a camera for 1/2 (well a bit more) of what they would normally charge someone. Most companies will most likely do what TD is doing and ignore you. Its like asking BB/FF/Staples/etc to honor a price error they made. Odds of that happening is slim to none.

The fact you returned another to camera to BB because you thought you were getting a camera from TD means nothing to TD because its none of their business. It was your choice to buy and return something from BB. Even if you wouldn't have returned it if it wasn't for TD's deal, they won't care because you are dealing with BB and not them. Its the one of risk you take for holding on to one deal while trying to get a better deal.

So basically...
legally - Nothing you can do
Morally - TD is wrong here but its not like you didn't abuse BB's policy so i guess you can say, what goes around, comes around. :razz: Hopefully something bad will happen to TD too. And as for BB, they deserve to be abuse with the amount of abuse they dish out. :cheesygri
[OP]
Sr. Member
Apr 3, 2006
738 posts
1 upvote
GVRtrader wrote: Probably a long wait.

I never shopped @ TD after hearing my friend's rebate problem and it looks like they screwed up again.

That said, what you're asking for is somewhat unreasonable too. You're asking them to fork over an additional $50 (basically of credit). That doesnt sound like much but its actually 50% of the cost (from a buyer stand point) and free shipping (TD's shipping rate are generally high) so you're basically asking them to sell you a camera for 1/2 (well a bit more) of what they would normally charge someone. Most companies will most likely do what TD is doing and ignore you. Its like asking BB/FF/Staples/etc to honor a price error they made. Odds of that happening is slim to none.

The fact you returned another to camera to BB because you thought you were getting a camera from TD means nothing to TD because its none of their business. It was your choice to buy and return something from BB. Even if you wouldn't have returned it if it wasn't for TD's deal, they won't care because you are dealing with BB and not them. Its the one of risk you take for holding on to one deal while trying to get a better deal.

So basically...
legally - Nothing you can do
Morally - TD is wrong here but its not like you didn't abuse BB's policy so i guess you can say, what goes around, comes around. :razz: Hopefully something bad will happen to TD too. And as for BB, they deserve to be abuse with the amount of abuse they dish out. :cheesygri
I'm unreasonable and don't deserve anything? Funny that's what you think but after I forwarded the link of my story from the consumerist back to the TD associate who refused to help me and said "Why don't you sendt his to your manager" I received this email back:

Dear Mr. XXXXXX, I am the customer service manager for our US division, I came across your situation and I'd like to help you. I'm sorry for what you've gone through with this order and the way it has been handled. You're absolutely right when you state you should have been contacted once the order was canceled, I will definitely address the fact it did not happen since communication to our customers on order modification is procedure. I will also address the contradicting statuses shown on your order to make sure our systems are working properly. In the mean time I've placed a temporary order on your account, for the replacement unit you would like, at the same price and no shipping cost, and will try to contact you over the phone to confirm whether you'd like us to proceed with this shipment.Please accept our apology and give us another chance to serve you right. Thanks.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 8, 2002
12096 posts
3405 upvotes
GTA
wamrage wrote: Please accept our apology and give us another chance to serve you right. Thanks.
Wow.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Apr 3, 2006
738 posts
1 upvote
Hugh Jass wrote: Wow.
It only took 10,000 people online reading about what happened to get results.

Top