Off Topic

Locked: Do you believe in the Wayfair child trafficking conspiracy theory?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 19th, 2020 10:50 am

Poll: Do you believe it?

• Total votes: 48. You have voted on this poll.
Yes, because I have the IQ of a goldfish.

33%
No, I'm not a complete fool.

67%
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19100 posts
2042 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
Heard this in Richard Syrett a show. Pretty excited when he was talking f who bitni xhuckled because I read the thread first. Wonder if he gets his show idea by surfing rfd.

Anyway it’s one coincidence too many. The same with amazon as well apparently.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
4227 posts
1673 upvotes
Parry Sound
death_hawk wrote: Not to get into it on one side or another but technically speaking you could easily deep fake that.
https://i.imgur.com/1ferFnE.mp4
That's... scary

Imagine what this stuff can do in the wrong hands.

Like a child sex trafficking website that fronts as a furniture store.
This message has been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.
Deal Guru
Dec 22, 2005
11867 posts
122 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Supercooled wrote: Heard this in Richard Syrett a show. Pretty excited when he was talking f who bitni xhuckled because I read the thread first. Wonder if he gets his show idea by surfing rfd.

Anyway it’s one coincidence too many. The same with amazon as well apparently.
What coincidence?
Energy can neither be created nor destroyed. It can only be wasted.
Red Green
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2007
9765 posts
965 upvotes
Mississauga
death_hawk wrote: Not to get into it on one side or another but technically speaking you could easily deep fake that.
https://i.imgur.com/1ferFnE.mp4
5G gonna kill us too?
RFD 43-0-0
Ebay 35-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
12991 upvotes
MayorOfToronto wrote:
That's... scary

Imagine what this stuff can do in the wrong hands.

Like a child sex trafficking website that fronts as a furniture store.
To be honest I think streaming is actually gonna help this. Streaming already looks like crap so it'd be easier to mask artifacts etc.

Also imagine what it can do in the wrong hands but for other nefarious purposes.
BRB I'll be in my bunk.
XxXSnake23XxX wrote: 5G gonna kill us too?
No no no. You have it all wrong.
5G gives us coronavirus.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19100 posts
2042 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
king_george wrote: What coincidence?
Names of the furniture coinciding with missing children. It’s fodder I guess.
Deal Guru
Dec 22, 2005
11867 posts
122 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Supercooled wrote: Names of the furniture coinciding with missing children. It’s fodder I guess.
So jumping from missing children with fairly common names to similarly named overpriced furniture with the same common names equals pedophiles ring?

Surreal. My daughters first name has been used on thousands of products over the years, including furniture. Big deal.
Red Green
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19100 posts
2042 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
king_george wrote: So jumping from missing children with fairly common names to similarly named overpriced furniture with the same common names equals pedophiles ring?

Surreal. My daughters first name has been used on thousands of products over the years, including furniture. Big deal.
I did say it’s fodder. Still there are gullible people out there who will run with it just because they have a great distrust of society. You could say it’s irrational but who knows what people have gone through to believe what they believe. This is pretty tenuous as all they have to go on is the names. Also a show like conspiracy show with Richard Syrett I’m not sure how many of his listeners are tuning in for entertainment value or to fuel and boaster their conspiracy itch.

I still think 9/11 seems fishy but that’s because there more ammo out there, if you will.
Deal Guru
Dec 22, 2005
11867 posts
122 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Supercooled wrote: I did say it’s fodder. Still there are gullible people out there who will run with it just because they have a great distrust of society. You could say it’s irrational but who knows what people have gone through to believe what they believe. This is pretty tenuous as all they have to go on is the names. Also a show like conspiracy show with Richard Syrett I’m not sure how many of his listeners are tuning in for entertainment value or to fuel and boaster their conspiracy itch.

I still think 9/11 seems fishy but that’s because there more ammo out there, if you will.
I worded that badly as I did not mean you in that post. People who would believe that are complete and utter morons. Goldfish are smarter. Imagine ordering an expensive table and instead a child shows up in the box. Total stupidity.

As for 9/11, I recommend The Looming Tower (not the TV show) by Lawrence Wright. Very detailed explanations with references leading up to that day.
Red Green