Shopping Discussion

Do you ever report bad drivers that use company vehicles?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 27th, 2019 6:51 pm
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2004
14972 posts
213937 upvotes
Montreal

Do you ever report bad drivers that use company vehicles?

Hi there,

It's a question. It's been getting to be worst driving out there, especially with all the construction and total chaos, you can't really do anything about it. What about bad driving from people driving company vehicles (with their company logo all over it). After all, they are representing their company on the road, yet they drive like a crazy person? Do you go ahead and report it? I posted my feedback on their Facebook page and my post just simply got deleted... I could go post a negative review, but what else can be done...

Ju Leon...
22 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27802 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Unless their bad driving causes an actual accident
Or you got video
(Cutting you off, using a cell phone, an unsafe load)
Don’t really think anyone at any company pays too much heed to a complaint filed
And that includes those commercial vehicles that say on the back
“ How’s my driving ? Call 1-800 etc to comment “

So ya, not surprised if TPTB at a company deleted your post on Facebook

As an aside, I would say you are pretty brave posting the comment on FB to begin with
As it shows your name to all the world to see

So it might just get you labelled / harassed on your own FB Page
As the crazy person who files complaints about other peeps driving
(Social Media is a crazy world ... where anything goes)

If I was to do any of this sort of complaining
I would do it the good old fashioned way
By phone, or letter / email
No need for the whole world to read my complaint

Example ...
Review sites say that it’s not uncommon now for those writing reviews to be harassed by those being reviewed
Be it a Restaurant (Yelp) or a Hotel / B&B (TripAdvisor) ... or any other service
Hence WHY numbers are down on legit reviews
A whole lot of people got tired of giving their opinion
Which turned into an online or worse an in real life sh!t show

Who needs that crap ?

It’s hard enough to prove your case sometimes in a real car accident on what happened
So why stir the pot cuz some crazed person cut you off
Just keep your distance (good rule of thumb around semi trailers, dump trucks etc, anyhow)
And thank your lucky stars it wasn’t worse...
Deal Addict
May 21, 2015
1293 posts
952 upvotes
Sarnia, ON
A couple of times over the years.. I emailed the company, I wouldn't do it on facebook.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2862 posts
2537 upvotes
Vancouveresque
I ain't no snitch.
Nobody cares which companies you use/subscribe to on a monthly basis unless there is a deal to be had. Why advertise for them in your forum signature?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 14, 2003
6675 posts
5466 upvotes
LaLaLand
Call the police and report the incident. They can't do that much except send the owner of the vehicle a letter. That is probably worse for the employee than you calling the company.

If they deleted your post on social media, they have a norm of bad/dangerous driving. Post it to the local police Twitter account also.
Sep 27, 2003
11122 posts
3367 upvotes
Newmarket
I strategically use those situations as an opportunity to open discussions regarding vehicle tracking solutions (which is something we sell).
RFD Forums Moderator
Aug 5, 2005
492 posts
245 upvotes
I wouldn't bother doing anything about it, is it worth the risk, you just never know who you're ratting out on. I know at my place of work if you did that to certain people it might be a lot worse for you later on, something to consider as well
If they thumb you down I will up it just because
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
4745 posts
4409 upvotes
GeeCee wrote: I ain't no snitch.
I agree, karma's a bitch. You start ratting out other drivers... you deserve to get a ticket at the next speed trap or run off the road by a big rig.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
If it's egregiously stupid I'll post a Google review, especially if I have photo/video proof.

Or if they're a cab company doing what cabs usually do I'll post that too.
"Professional driver" my ass.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Apr 10, 2011
875 posts
809 upvotes
I did once, a few years ago. I was at a crosswalk, pushed the button and started to cross, idiot in his company vehicle flew right through and almost hit me. All so that he could race up to a red light, which is where I got the company name and licence plate. Called the company and reported it. Not sure what became of it though....
Penalty Box
Nov 13, 2010
7814 posts
1867 upvotes
Scarborough
Its canada, nothing ever happens even if you report them a thousand times
The crazy traffic nightmare is the root cause of it all
Nov 9, 2013
759 posts
288 upvotes
Vancouver
Only one I really felt the need to report was a b-train lumber truck trying to pass us on a downhill stretch of a 2-lane road with a double solid line while we were towing a horse trailer with a horse onboard. The guy decided it was a good idea to try and pass us even though we were going plenty fast and when he got beside us but couldn’t complete the pass due to oncoming traffic, laid on his air horn which really pissed us off as it scared the horse Pouting Face. Really professional move by a ‘professional driver.’ Anyways we got all the info we needed from his truck and reported to the company and police not sure anything came of it, but I felt better. Really wish we had the rear dashcam at the time, I would have sent the video to the police too.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
3026 posts
1670 upvotes
B.C.
I've done it a couple of times.

Once I was sitting in a fast food restaurant eating lunch and a truck driver was playing on his phone while driving. I had a perfect view so I recorded a video and sent it to the company on facebook. They said they take this very seriously.

Another time we were at a mall and waiting for a parking spot (the mall was packed) and a guy in a company van blew past us and backed in to the parking spot. I called the owner of the company and the guy was suspended for a week from his job and wasn't allowed to drive for a month as he wasn't supposed to be using the company van for any personal business.
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2004
14972 posts
213937 upvotes
Montreal
Hi there,

I think it's the owner that was driving the van. The licence plate isn't even a commercial (it starts with an F). My Facebook page is set to private mode, so whoever want to post, no can do. I know the Internet is an evil place, but sometimes, doing the right thing have to stand up for yourself. Lot of people get away with this all the time. It is sad...

Ju Leon...
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27802 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
inferno_gn wrote: Hi there,

I think it's the owner that was driving the van. The licence plate isn't even a commercial (it starts with an F). My Facebook page is set to private mode, so whoever want to post, no can do. I know the Internet is an evil place, but sometimes, doing the right thing have to stand up for yourself. Lot of people get away with this all the time. It is sad...

Ju Leon...
Interesting

In Quebec, an F Plate is registered to a Farmer who uses his pick up truck for business purposes
https://saaq.gouv.qc.ca/en/vehicle-regi ... ce-plates/

So if you complained it was to the Farmer himself
No wonder he edited out your post

If it was an F Plate not on a pick up truck
Then it was there illegally
Or ... the vehicle may have been stolen
In either case, the company who owns the van
Would also be keen to remove your posting

Situation A ... and they could get into serious do-do
Situation B ... the vehicle isn’t in their possession ... so it’s not one of their drivers
Nov 26, 2012
58 posts
59 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote: Interesting

In Quebec, an F Plate is registered to a Farmer who uses his pick up truck for business purposes
https://saaq.gouv.qc.ca/en/vehicle-regi ... ce-plates/

So if you complained it was to the Farmer himself
No wonder he edited out your post

If it was an F Plate not on a pick up truck
Then it was there illegally
Or ... the vehicle may have been stolen
In either case, the company who owns the van
Would also be keen to remove your posting

Situation A ... and they could get into serious do-do
Situation B ... the vehicle isn’t in their possession ... so it’s not one of their drivers
You should get your facts right! The F plate is for Federation meaning a company. The F is listed in the Farm category as it is possible that a farm is owned by a Commercial venture instead of a single farmer.

If you go further down the list you will find this category: COMMERCIAL VEHICLES AND SPECIAL USE VEHICLES – F LICENCE PLATE
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27802 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
websunny wrote: You should get your facts right! The F plate is for Federation meaning a company. The F is listed in the Farm category as it is possible that a farm is owned by a Commercial venture instead of a single farmer.

If you go further down the list you will find this category: COMMERCIAL VEHICLES AND SPECIAL USE VEHICLES – F LICENCE PLATE
Thanks

Did not know that

When I grew up in Quebec (albeit a long time ago)

F Plates were farm registrations.
And that was the only vehicles that had F Plates

That’s what I went looking for ... and got my hit at the top of that website
Admittedly ... didn’t scroll down to read the rest
Nov 26, 2012
58 posts
59 upvotes
No problem PointsHubby. By the way, I fully agree with Inferno on this one. If they act dangerously on the road, they are dangerous and you or your loved ones could be their next victims. Farmer or non-farmer who really cares. Also you could call 911 to report them as many times these drivers have taken one too many for the road.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27802 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
websunny wrote: No problem PointsHubby. By the way, I fully agree with Inferno on this one. If they act dangerously on the road, they are dangerous and you or your loved ones could be their next victims. Farmer or non-farmer who really cares. Also you could call 911 to report them as many times these drivers have taken one too many for the road.
Understood

Lol it wasn’t about farmers ... just that when I lived in Quebec F Plates were only for farm vehicles
So as I said, not surprised if “the company” would have been a 1 person operation
Hence why she got no reply from them
They just removed her comments

If you read all my posts here, you would get a bigger picture of how the discussion progressed

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)