Automotive

Do you get a free loaner at the dealer?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 1st, 2013 9:44 pm
Tags:
None

Poll: Do you get a free loaner at the dealer?

• Total votes: 0. You have voted on this poll.
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
19157 posts
9081 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario

Do you get a free loaner at the dealer?

If yes, state brand and/or dealer. If no, state brand and/or dealer.

Personally, I don't recall my family or I getting a free loaner vehicle from BMW and Volvo dealers.
RFD is love. RFD is life.
25 replies
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
21223 posts
6991 upvotes
GTA
Yeap, the GM dealer I go to has an Enterprise inside, so they give me a loaner from there. They're all GM vehicles too, I think I've gotten all the passenger vehicles that Chevrolet makes, except the SUVs and sport cars.

I tried to sweet talk my way into a CTS but no-go :P

Of course, this is all for warranty work.
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2005
2253 posts
270 upvotes
Yes. Whenever I bring a Caddy in I get a loaner. Doesn't matter which dealer I go to. They typically try to put me in another Caddy or at least something that's loaded.

Brought my GMC Yukon in last month and was given a Caddy CTS as a loaner.
2016 Cadillac ATS-V, 2004 Cadillac CTS-V, 2009 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Premium, 2004 Cadillac CTS 3.6, 2016 Camaro SS, 2007 Cadillac SRX, 2015 Z06
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
19157 posts
9081 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
They're all free? I'm surprised GM would do it...
RFD is love. RFD is life.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47029 posts
9312 upvotes
With Pfaff Audi I would say not most of the times if its small work, they provide you with rental vehicles which you have to pay and are not Audis. Mostly Rav 4s or Matrix. However for big jobs yes, they actually gave me an A6 loaner for when I gave my B8 09 A4 for the bloody piston ring replacement - oil leaking into engine issue.

As for Subaru, and the dealership in which I bought it from apparently they do provide free loaner vehicles up to $45 for free per day.
Blanka
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21169 upvotes
Toronto
Yes.

If I buy the car and service from the same dealership, normally, it's a free loaner.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2011
1155 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto
yes.

mercedes downtown gave me the glk350 twice when i was doing the yearly maintenance.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
21267 posts
6255 upvotes
Poormond Hill
No. Not for a basic car like the Corolla.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
30106 posts
5547 upvotes
Montreal
Lexus gave me free loaners for any and all service appointments. Oil changes included.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2007
1568 posts
417 upvotes
Canada
My Nissan dealer doesn't give loaners but they do give free taxi rides back and forth to work or home.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
26013 posts
211310 upvotes
GTA
Toyota, no. Personally I don't care though - as long as they will shuttle me to and from work or wherever, it's all good. I actually prefer it that way. With loaners/rentals, since it's not my car, I tend to get anxious about where I park it, etc. How do loaners work with respect to any damage that might happen? Say you park it somewhere, someone dings the door and takes off - are they going over the car with a fine-tooth comb after it's returned, or is that not a worry at all (covered by insurance)?
Deal Addict
May 16, 2009
1275 posts
83 upvotes
coriolis wrote: Yeap, the GM dealer I go to has an Enterprise inside, so they give me a loaner from there. They're all GM vehicles too, I think I've gotten all the passenger vehicles that Chevrolet makes, except the SUVs and sport cars.

I tried to sweet talk my way into a CTS but no-go :P

Of course, this is all for warranty work.
FYI, GM has an arrangement with Enterprise that any GM customer that has their car in for warranty work MUST be placed in a GM vehicle.... and that has caused some headaches when I worked at Enterprise, because as soon as we get notice of a GM warranty customer, we start looking for a GM vehicle if we don't have one on our lot... No other car manufacturer that has rental agreements with us has that stipulation.

And sometimes, we've placed GM warranty customers into creative solutions; I've once assigned a GM warranty customer that drove a Cobalt into a GMC Sierra pickup truck as that was the only available GM vehicle on my lot (with the customer's approval). Another time, I placed one who drove a Malibu into GMC Savanna cargo van for a day until I could get something more sensible.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2007
1398 posts
181 upvotes
Western Montreal
Yes, everytime I bring in my MINI I get a free MINI rental from the Enterprise in house at my Dealer (MINI Laval). So far I have gotten the CountryMan, a S convertible and a clubman, all manual.

We also get a free loaner from the Sales Manager each time we go to honda for our other vehicle. This is not normal; due to our relationship with them.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2012
1468 posts
68 upvotes
Edmonton
They should. They will usually give you a vehicle from the used part of the dealership.
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2005
2253 posts
270 upvotes
ThePointblank wrote: FYI, GM has an arrangement with Enterprise that any GM customer that has their car in for warranty work MUST be placed in a GM vehicle.... and that has caused some headaches when I worked at Enterprise, because as soon as we get notice of a GM warranty customer, we start looking for a GM vehicle if we don't have one on our lot... No other car manufacturer that has rental agreements with us has that stipulation.

And sometimes, we've placed GM warranty customers into creative solutions; I've once assigned a GM warranty customer that drove a Cobalt into a GMC Sierra pickup truck as that was the only available GM vehicle on my lot (with the customer's approval). Another time, I placed one who drove a Malibu into GMC Savanna cargo van for a day until I could get something more sensible.

Pretty much the same case everywhere. Regardless of the rental company, customer has to be in a GM vehicle. I remember waiting for Avis to find a GM vehicle once as they did not have a GM at the moment.

I've also been given a Nissan Maxima by Enterprise when my Caddy was in for service.
2016 Cadillac ATS-V, 2004 Cadillac CTS-V, 2009 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Premium, 2004 Cadillac CTS 3.6, 2016 Camaro SS, 2007 Cadillac SRX, 2015 Z06
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2012
1468 posts
68 upvotes
Edmonton
Jon04CTS wrote: Pretty much the same case everywhere. Regardless of the rental company, customer has to be in a GM vehicle. I remember waiting for Avis to find a GM vehicle once as they did not have a GM at the moment.

I've also been given a Nissan Maxima by Enterprise when my Caddy was in for service.
Seems those daddy's need a lot of service? How was the maxima compared to a cts?
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2005
2253 posts
270 upvotes
CalgaryExotics wrote: Seems those daddy's need a lot of service? How was the maxima compared to a cts?
I have 3 of them... They all require regular maintenance which I do at a dealer. So yeah, I visit my dealer more often than most, cause I have more vehicles.

The Maxima drove like a pig compared to the CTS. Hilarious considering they all have a "4 Door Sports Car" sticker on them from factory. Hated the CVT too.
Nov 19, 2008
340 posts
66 upvotes
Yes, free loaner from my dealer. Queensway Audi.
Jul 22, 2012
716 posts
177 upvotes
Yes, I get a free loaner from Number 7 Honda whenever I take my Civic in