Do you have COVID-19?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 5th, 2020 11:57 pm
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
34034 posts
19899 upvotes
Ottawa
bas00m wrote: Without a link I knew that Brampton was/is responsible for the most cases. It's getting more of a fact than just poking fun at Brampton.
Doesn't help that a household commonly consist of a dozen family members.
Aug 31, 2014
309 posts
160 upvotes
Toronto, ON
57% of 62 is 35, Mississauga is showing 39% which makes 24. So while 35 is still a lot, it’s not like they made up 60 of the 62...
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
24830 posts
3070 upvotes
Montreal
trixstar wrote: I tested positive for it. Cleared it in like 2 weeks. No symptoms or anything and it wasn’t communicable to my wife. Could have been a false positive though.
How many tests did you have?
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
13069 posts
1897 upvotes
Toronto
mr_raider wrote: How many tests did you have?
Just 1 test. Public health would not allow me to get tested again and I had to quarantine for 14 days. They also advised me to not get tested after 14 days but I went anyways.
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
6386 posts
1205 upvotes
trixstar wrote: Just 1 test. Public health would not allow me to get tested again and I had to quarantine for 14 days. They also advised me to not get tested after 14 days but I went anyways.
It’s not that you’re not ‘allowed’ to be tested again...it’s just that people are advised not to get tested again bc it’s known that it’s common that people may test positive after their self-isolation. And this certainly wastes people’s time because public health has to follow up with any positive result; re-positives tend to be a waste of time and resources.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
24830 posts
3070 upvotes
Montreal
trixstar wrote: Just 1 test. Public health would not allow me to get tested again and I had to quarantine for 14 days. They also advised me to not get tested after 14 days but I went anyways.
It's possible your wife was the index case and had cleared by the time you were diagnosed.

You could get both antibody tests to confirm, but those are like 150$ a pop.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
3994 posts
253 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
I got test about 3 months before I headed to visit friends and relatives in Vancouver.Results came back in 24 hours which shows Canada is handling this well.I printed out a copy and left it inside my luggage just in case.Testing was fast waiting inline was like 2 hours.
Aug 21, 2019
333 posts
220 upvotes
BC
I'm getting tested once or twice per week at work with the swab test. It's not so bad definitely get it if available.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
18995 posts
2004 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
I walked outbid my building and a group of youngish people were outside sitting and laughing at me and my mask wearing. I get to the store and people are wearing masks because they have to and because they are taking this serious? Some wore a surgical mask under a Valved mask.

I’m just wearing a valved masks. One fine I sneezed and some droplets came out of the valve. I was horrified.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
18995 posts
2004 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
gizmo8 wrote: I got test about 3 months before I headed to visit friends and relatives in Vancouver.Results came back in 24 hours which shows Canada is handling this well.I printed out a copy and left it inside my luggage just in case.Testing was fast waiting inline was like 2 hours.
Was it as painful as some make it out to be? I read one description that said it felt like their brain was being tickled.

I saw a YouTube video of a man In China who has had his back fused and he literally spends every moment of his life for the last 30 years with his head between his thighs. So tragic and yet reminds me may be a momentary discomfort isn’t so bad.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
3994 posts
253 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
Supercooled swab went deep but no worries.Don't believe what some of the cowards are saying that its painful.Its just uncomfortable for a split second.Painful part was standing in line listening to the people in front of you complain their favorite vegan place is closing and they are "suffering" not able to go clubbing.Scary part those who recover from covid has long term issues.It doesnt just disappear.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavir ... -1.5102886
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
13115 posts
7191 upvotes
Toronto
i was riding my bike on the Harbourfront this weekend, as i passed by the outdoor basketball court on Queens Quay at Bathurst, i saw a group of 15-20 grown men playing full court, full contact basketball.

Not a mask to be seen anywhere.
Apr 15, 2014
895 posts
772 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Swerny wrote: i was riding my bike on the Harbourfront this weekend, as i passed by the outdoor basketball court on Queens Quay at Bathurst, i saw a group of 15-20 grown men playing full court, full contact basketball.

Not a mask to be seen anywhere.
They've been playing there for months. Things are opening back up and cases are going up just in time for the winter season.
Please respond
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2007
3340 posts
583 upvotes
GTA
For those of you who have contracted COVID-19, were you wearing a mask all the time? I'm trying to figure out whether all of these hundreds of people being infected everyday are wearing masks and still getting infected or are they refusing to wear them? Is there a website that details this kind of information for Ontario or Canada?
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
3994 posts
253 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
Most of those it seems were from "events or parties".There was video circulating on twitter but removed of one wedding where no one was wearing a mask because the groom and bride requested it to be removed because they didnt want it to ruin the photos.That wedding caused everyone to go for a covid test because 8 guest came down with symptoms and two tested postive.The strip clubs is a free for all under dim lights and already there been some mega spreaders because of it.Its laughable you expect customers and dancers to be social distancing and wearing mask at these places.You see videos of college students chugging from the same bottle at parties .Expect either Tory or Ford to clamp down again and go back to stage 2.Good news is restaurants,grocery stores and barbers there hasn't been any cases the last 3 months so they are doing something right.