Do you have COVID-19?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 5th, 2020 11:57 pm
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
24581 posts
1765 upvotes
Markham, ON
ugg...just went for a test for the whole family...

my daughter won the lottery at school on day 1...sat right beside a confirmed covid carrier.

yes...the qtip feels like it went 1.5 inches into your nose....for 10 sec each nose. It wasnt pleasant but tolerable.
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
6386 posts
1205 upvotes
Supercooled wrote: I walked outbid my building and a group of youngish people were outside sitting and laughing at me and my mask wearing. I get to the store and people are wearing masks because they have to and because they are taking this serious? Some wore a surgical mask under a Valved mask.

I’m just wearing a valved masks. One fine I sneezed and some droplets came out of the valve. I was horrified.
A valve mask has never been recommended.
gizmo8 wrote: Supercooled swab went deep but no worries.Don't believe what some of the cowards are saying that its painful.Its just uncomfortable for a split second.Painful part was standing in line listening to the people in front of you complain their favorite vegan place is closing and they are "suffering" not able to go clubbing.Scary part those who recover from covid has long term issues.It doesnt just disappear.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavir ... -1.5102886
People who find an NP swab uncomfortable or painful aren’t cowards. You do realize that people’s anatomy, sensitivity etc is different and there is also variance in the practitioner’s ‘touch’?
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
3994 posts
253 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
Oh please.Its freaking swab.I seen people freaking over a ear examine.Get a backbone.
Jun 23, 2018
41 posts
43 upvotes
I remember when a patient refused to take antibiotic pills cause she was "scared" of pills and needed liquid antibiotics. Sometimes the decadence if western society boggles my mind
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
24830 posts
3070 upvotes
Montreal
So you think a swab is uncomfortable?

Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
18995 posts
2004 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
mr_raider wrote: So you think a swab is uncomfortable?

Jesus, man. Is that what I think it is?
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
18995 posts
2004 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
amz155 wrote: A valve mask has never been recommended.

People who find an NP swab uncomfortable or painful aren’t cowards. You do realize that people’s anatomy, sensitivity etc is different and there is also variance in the practitioner’s ‘touch’?
I was casually familiar with it and the reason why it isn't recommended but basically it was said that the valve was only protecting the wearer and not other people. I see A LOT of people wearing them in public. We might as well all be free-balling then, right?

You're right about the senistivey part. I've had 3 tests done by a ENT and every time it felt like torture. I also have a deviated septum so that explains why it's so "uncomfortable" to me.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
18995 posts
2004 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
thelefteyeguy wrote: ugg...just went for a test for the whole family...

my daughter won the lottery at school on day 1...sat right beside a confirmed covid carrier.

yes...the qtip feels like it went 1.5 inches into your nose....for 10 sec each nose. It wasnt pleasant but tolerable.
How old is your daughter? Given you now have someone who is a carrier, will this affect how you deal with schools in the future? WIll you keep your child(ren) at home? I think it's a valid reason for parents. I wonder if it's grounds to flunka child if the parents decide to keep them at home.
Apr 27, 2003
496 posts
27 upvotes
Our neighbor died from it. Had a family and three young kids. Came home from work at 9pm, felt fine, by 8 am the next morning couldn't breathe, passed away by 9AM. I think for most people it doesn't seem real or anything until it affects someone you actually know.
Where's the beef?
Banned
May 3, 2020
77 posts
71 upvotes
kenj wrote: Our neighbor died from it. Had a family and three young kids. Came home from work at 9pm, felt fine, by 8 am the next morning couldn't breathe, passed away by 9AM. I think for most people it doesn't seem real or anything until it affects someone you actually know.
Did they have any other health problems?
That doesn’t even make sense by the way. Virus doesn’t multiply that fast.
Even the worst cases of covid were taking 3 days to die.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
18995 posts
2004 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
kenj wrote: Our neighbor died from it. Had a family and three young kids. Came home from work at 9pm, felt fine, by 8 am the next morning couldn't breathe, passed away by 9AM. I think for most people it doesn't seem real or anything until it affects someone you actually know.

You think reading about something so sobering especially how rapid the onset of the virus is to some people, who? We don't know, it's the vagarious nature of this virus that should cause people heed the warnings but they (we) don't. I'm sure you and your family are now on high alert since that.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
18995 posts
2004 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
Jimmykirky wrote: Did they have any other health problems?
Nothing makes sense right now. Sure, it can be a coincidence but why leave it up to chance? If this anecdote is enough to convince one other person to take it seriously, it's a victory for all of us. If reports of 400 cases a day happened in March or April, we'd all be shitting ourselves but now, no one even cares. It's come and gone (in their minds). What's a few hundred thousands of deaths when the common cold kills more than that? Vehicular fatalities, et al?
Apr 27, 2003
496 posts
27 upvotes
Jimmykirky wrote: Did they have any other health problems?
No other health problems. The guy was in his mid 40's with no symptoms. The rest of his family members in the residence were immediately tested and had not contracted the virus. I'm not a medical field of studying viruses and knowing how they multiply (it sounds like you may be an authority or something) - I just know what I saw. Maybe he had it earlier, and was asymptomatic - but you'd think his family would have caught it then too.
Where's the beef?
Apr 27, 2003
496 posts
27 upvotes
Supercooled wrote: You think reading about something so sobering especially how rapid the onset of the virus is to some people, who? We don't know, it's the vagarious nature of this virus that should cause people heed the warnings but they (we) don't. I'm sure you and your family are now on high alert since that.
We aren't on super high alert. But we keep our distance and throw on a mask if we are in a busy place. We aren't on either end of the two extremes (one end being the conspiracy theorists - the other saying it's the end of the world) but we sit in the middle somewhere. It was the first time I've ever seen a body bag, so it was certainly shocking at the time.
Where's the beef?