[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2011
1484 posts
380 upvotes

Do you know anyone interested in helping - paid - me learn Tagalog? YVR

Hello RFD community,

(Kamusta ka na! :)

I'm looking for someone local in Vancouver who would be willing to meet up and teach me Tagalog. Truthfully, I'm a 29 year old Caucasian and my Tagalog is very basic but eager to learn. For example, I cannot properly grasp the speed/fluidity, so I pronounce very basic in 2 letter sounds: "(Ngu nit si-nu-su-bukan ko ang aking pi na-ka-ma-hi-rap na ma-la man ang tagalog)".

I would be available for tutorials M-F after 4pm or weekends.

I did a searched online and craiglist but literally found nothing haha, except foreign correspondence courses online. Nothing seems to be domestic / local.

I would be happy to offer $15/hr compensation for your time. The only "requirements" are: you/they must speak conversation English & you can read English, and most importantly you must be patient (haha)

Let me know if you or anyone you know is interested. I really appreciate the help y'all!

Kind regards,
3 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 9, 2011
15813 posts
21545 upvotes
Vancouver
You said you searched Craigslist, but did you post a want ad? You’ll have better luck there than here.
PS don’t use “YVR” to mean Vancouver or Burnaby or elsewhere in the metro region. That’s a Calgary thing to do. We don’t do that here; “YVR” only means the airport itself.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2011
1484 posts
380 upvotes
Kiraly wrote: You said you searched Craigslist, but did you post a want ad? You’ll have better luck there than here.
PS don’t use “YVR” to mean Vancouver or Burnaby or elsewhere in the metro region. That’s a Calgary thing to do. We don’t do that here; “YVR” only means the airport itself.
ahh ok, thanks for your guidance. Kind regards,