Shopping Discussion

Do you need to bug Rakuten for every transaction?

• Last Updated:
  • May 14th, 2020 2:16 am
[OP]
Jun 8, 2019
245 posts
346 upvotes

Do you need to bug Rakuten for every transaction?

Seem Rakuten rarely automatically awards me the cash back. I need to report the missing cash back, then I get it. Anyone else?

And GCR is a lot worse too.
I own a service with Public Mobile and with Fido. [removed solicitation]
12 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3734 posts
2622 upvotes
Toronto
Often yes, I think its part of their money making strategy. I have not bothered for some things before to avoid the hassle.
FreezingCanada wrote: We voted him in as God of RFD last month. Where were you during elections...?
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2004
4514 posts
923 upvotes
Toronto
Only when it came to buy stuff on Amazon through their site. Apparently they blamed Amazon.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2005
2380 posts
130 upvotes
Toronto
Try using the Rakuten Chrome extension, it helps a lot. For GCR, I have to constantly open tickets with their team.
My guess is that it's related to AdBlock or some other extension causing some conflicts.
Apr 19, 2016
216 posts
184 upvotes
GTA, ontario
"Do you need to bug Rakuten for every transaction?"
YES. So I don't use it anymore.
--- +++ There is a 255 character limit in signature +++ ---
Jun 5, 2016
580 posts
716 upvotes
I rarely if ever have issues but I do my browsing in my normal browser and then go to Rakuten in Edge to check out. I think it helps not having a lot of cookies or any extensions installed.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2018
1149 posts
1475 upvotes
Canada, eh?
Nope no issues here.
However, ive been using incognito whenever I need to do a ebates transaction.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2008
1105 posts
454 upvotes
secretalcoholic wrote: Nope no issues here.
However, ive been using incognito whenever I need to do a ebates transaction.
I always use Incognito as well (Chrome broswer), and it's still hit or miss.. I'll estimate that I get a successful rebate without contacting them 1/3 of the time, the rest I have to follow up..
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
1946 posts
1869 upvotes
how long do you wait before submitting where is my rebate?
I usually give 3 days
some time I get rebate as soon as i submit where is my rebate, sometime wait couple of days
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
1878 posts
391 upvotes
I stopped using Rakuten a while back. Too many problems and way too much work just to get them to credit you a few cents. I much prefer GCR and have had very few issues with them - only Keurig.ca purchases have caused me problems about 30% of the time, but they were fixed within minutes after filing for missing credits.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
3065 posts
2769 upvotes
GCR is always good for me. Rakuten not so much
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2001
5382 posts
531 upvotes
Rakuten is usually ok for me except that my Groupon purchases never get credited.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2012
1039 posts
875 upvotes
Vancouver
I have started opening fricken Internet Explorer every time I need to use Rakuten, so that Chrome/Adblock/Extensions/etc do not interfere. Still shady at times