Cell Phones

Do you need a Costco membership to purchase from Costco Mobile?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 19th, 2019 4:07 pm
[OP]
Aug 7, 2019
844 posts
286 upvotes

Do you need a Costco membership to purchase from Costco Mobile?

Only been to Costco once and didn't even notice they had a mobile section.
6 replies
[OP]
Aug 7, 2019
844 posts
286 upvotes
superfresh89 wrote: Yes
Thanks! Would they show me what offers are available without a card? (and then I would plan on bringin my friend in who has a card)

(Alternatively, can I just go in with my friend's card?)
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
2091 posts
1167 upvotes
Calgary
DrDoomsday wrote: Thanks! Would they show me what offers are available without a card? (and then I would plan on bringin my friend in who has a card)

(Alternatively, can I just go in with my friend's card?)
You can't generally go into the store without a card (other than the Customer Service side which is where you'd sign up for a membership). Cards have photo ID though so you also can't just borrow your friend's card.
Nov 29, 2019
71 posts
61 upvotes
You can borrow your friend's Costco card to enter the warehouse, but if you like to make a purchase there is a good chance someone will notice you are not the person in the photo. Besides if you are purchasing a mobile plan, you will have to use your own name and credit card etc.. so I am not sure how you are going to get away with using your friend's card. Most newer phones at Costco comes under contract. If you are looking into purchasing unlocked phone only, there aren't many choices and you don't even have to go to the store to check the price.
https://www.costco.ca/unlocked-cellular-phones.html
Ask your friend to sign in and reveal the member price.
Last edited by starsoda on Dec 19th, 2019 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
4632 posts
3169 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
Just sign up for Costco membership, get the phone plan, and if you don't see value in the membership, cancel it and get refunded.
Current Fido and Rogers customer.
Ex Koodo customer.