PC & Video Games

Do you think Costco will clear out old xbox ones soon?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 29th, 2016 12:20 pm
[OP]
Jul 3, 2013
948 posts
654 upvotes
Kingston

Do you think Costco will clear out old xbox ones soon?

Do you think Costco will clear out old xbox ones soon with good clear out prices like $149-199?
10 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1288 posts
870 upvotes
Orleans, ON
Unless Microsoft discontinues the "old" XB1, I don't see why anyone would clear them out.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
4520 posts
1443 upvotes
Toronto
They'll get a price cut... The US cut their old XBone prices to $250, I'm sure that'll follow here...
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
9792 posts
1866 upvotes
Victoria
Kevin8se7en wrote: Unless Microsoft discontinues the "old" XB1, I don't see why anyone would clear them out.
There's a slim version of the XB1 coming out before the Neo comes out. The XB1 is a tank, I doubt people will buy it over the slim unless there's a significant price difference.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2004
7474 posts
823 upvotes
I have a feeling that MS will discontinue manufacturing the original model, so once stock has depleted, that's it for the chunky model. Also, the S model ditched the Kinect port, if anyone is interested (very unlikely) but you can still connected to a USB port via the MS Kinect adapter (free of charge for previous Kinect owners)
STEAM-XBL-PSN: CFRTim
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1288 posts
870 upvotes
Orleans, ON
zod wrote: There's a slim version of the XB1 coming out before the Neo comes out. The XB1 is a tank, I doubt people will buy it over the slim unless there's a significant price difference.
The tank is already $50 cheaper. Make it $329.99 or $299.99 and it's a better option than one at $399.99 if you don't have a 4k TV.

As for it being a tank... I don't see why it matters. It's not like you're showing these in to tight spaces. They generally go in TV stands and such, which are big enough for much larger receivers. I don't notice the size because it really doesn't matter. Maybe if the new one was the size of a WiiU I guess.
Aug 20, 2009
8014 posts
2948 upvotes
Grimsby
Kevin8se7en wrote: The tank is already $50 cheaper. Make it $329.99 or $299.99 and it's a better option than one at $399.99 if you don't have a 4k TV.

As for it being a tank... I don't see why it matters. It's not like you're showing these in to tight spaces. They generally go in TV stands and such, which are big enough for much larger receivers. I don't notice the size because it really doesn't matter. Maybe if the new one was the size of a WiiU I guess.
It means you can fit less stuff into your TV stand is the issue. Also the power brick is insane and cabling/hiding it behind my stand in a way that didn't annoy me took a bit of work. It's not the end of the world but I would rather have the slim if I was buying today, even for $50 more.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20685 posts
4826 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Even though I have one, I will like to have another for collection purposes.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1288 posts
870 upvotes
Orleans, ON
Redmask wrote: It means you can fit less stuff into your TV stand is the issue. Also the power brick is insane and cabling/hiding it behind my stand in a way that didn't annoy me took a bit of work. It's not the end of the world but I would rather have the slim if I was buying today, even for $50 more.
In all honesty, I'd rather have the fat one. I also have a PS4 and that thing is LOUD compared to my xbox. I assume the fans have to work harder, and I prefer a quiet RROD-less experience. lol

But yeah.. for $50 I can definitely see the appeal of a smaller console. But at $70-$100 + a free game in most cases. No way
I just don't see why they would clear these out at $200 like some are suggesting. Especially at places like Wal-Mart and EB. Maybe the Brick or SDM because they don't have the space or demand, but those are few and far in between.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
4520 posts
1443 upvotes
Toronto
Kevin8se7en wrote: In all honesty, I'd rather have the fat one. I also have a PS4 and that thing is LOUD compared to my xbox. I assume the fans have to work harder, and I prefer a quiet RROD-less experience. lol

But yeah.. for $50 I can definitely see the appeal of a smaller console. But at $70-$100 + a free game in most cases. No way
I just don't see why they would clear these out at $200 like some are suggesting. Especially at places like Wal-Mart and EB. Maybe the Brick or SDM because they don't have the space or demand, but those are few and far in between.
There are times when my Xbox One fans sound loud too though... especially because the console is so large that it takes up so much space in my media console that the airflow is probably compromised in some way anyway. I'm all for a smaller console, and I hope to get favourable trade in value for it towards the new one.

If that doesn't work out, I'd gladly sell you mine since you prefer the old XBone ;)
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)