Credit Cards

Do you Think EQ bank will get a credit card?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 30th, 2017 4:32 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Nov 29, 2014
680 posts
80 upvotes
Pitt Meadows, BC

Do you Think EQ bank will get a credit card?

I hope they do. I think they would have 2.0% flat cash back on everything. No insurances. Just cash back with no fees. What do you people think? Will EQ get a CC before a TFSA?
I play the video games H2, WC3. I bank with low fee or no fee banks like Implicity. If you got questions ask.
7 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2003
2826 posts
1358 upvotes
Tangerine CC honeymoon is already over? In the words of the clown in office ... SAD!
Loose lips sink ships. | Her Majesty's Naval Service
Deal Addict
May 18, 2015
1627 posts
628 upvotes
Ottawa,Ont
McMaggot wrote: Tangerine CC honeymoon is already over? In the words of the clown in office ... SAD!
If only Tangerine would get a World Elite Card like PC financial
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2017
1279 posts
777 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I think EQ Bank can offer the 2% flat cash back, deposit to savings account monthly!
They have even LESS overhead than PCF and Tangerine.
I can't wait!
Deal Guru
Aug 8, 2012
10198 posts
4006 upvotes
BC
Pipedreams when interchange fees don't cover flat 2% on a free card.

We will see TFSA and joint accounts years before a credit card. How many years did Tangerine (and ING Direct) exist before they made a credit card? Years and years. How long did it take for them to realize they did it wrong and it was costing them money? Months.
POLL: How frequent is your RRSP-matching?
Plastiq: Pay any bill with credit card for 0-2.5% fee (help meet min spending and keep old cards active!)
Rewards program transfer times (e.g. SPG->Aeroplan, Marriott->SPG, Amex MR->SPG...)
Jan 18, 2015
825 posts
546 upvotes
Cornwall, ON
ace604 wrote: Pipedreams when interchange fees don't cover flat 2% on a free card.

We will see TFSA and joint accounts years before a credit card. How many years did Tangerine (and ING Direct) exist before they made a credit card? Years and years. How long did it take for them to realize they did it wrong and it was costing them money? Months.
I personally feel that had a lot to do with Scotiabank though. Scotiabank butchered Tangerine - the old ING Direct was way better. I'd rather have no credit card and better rates like before. Stick to what you specialize in, I'd say.
Max Low Income NoAF CB:
SLOT1: Simplii 4%/1.5%
SLOT2: 3% (Grocery) BMO CB MC ** MC for WM Supercentre+NoFrills
SLOT3: 2% Tang 2/3 categories AND/OR 2% Desjardins Remises/CB (Specific Categories)
SLOT4: 1.25% (OTHER) Amex SC
Deal Guru
Aug 8, 2012
10198 posts
4006 upvotes
BC
CouponBaron wrote: I personally feel that had a lot to do with Scotiabank though. Scotiabank butchered Tangerine - the old ING Direct was way better. I'd rather have no credit card and better rates like before. Stick to what you specialize in, I'd say.
So are you crediting Scotiabank for coming out with the credit card?
POLL: How frequent is your RRSP-matching?
Plastiq: Pay any bill with credit card for 0-2.5% fee (help meet min spending and keep old cards active!)
Rewards program transfer times (e.g. SPG->Aeroplan, Marriott->SPG, Amex MR->SPG...)
Jan 18, 2015
825 posts
546 upvotes
Cornwall, ON
ace604 wrote: So are you crediting Scotiabank for coming out with the credit card?
I'm saying Tangerine had a specific business model and a lot of changes happened after the acquisition, and apparently some of them didn't work out. I imagine if Scotia didn't have a hand in it, Tangerine bank was probably put under some kind of pressure to increase profits one way or another and evidently screwed up.
Max Low Income NoAF CB:
SLOT1: Simplii 4%/1.5%
SLOT2: 3% (Grocery) BMO CB MC ** MC for WM Supercentre+NoFrills
SLOT3: 2% Tang 2/3 categories AND/OR 2% Desjardins Remises/CB (Specific Categories)
SLOT4: 1.25% (OTHER) Amex SC