Automotive

Dodge Caravan pricing help

  • Last Updated:
  • May 12th, 2019 10:31 pm
[OP]
Member
Jul 18, 2007
375 posts
37 upvotes

Dodge Caravan pricing help

Hey everyone,

I'm currently looking for a new 2019 Dodge Caravan for my dad. I don't have any experience with domestic cars and their margins.

I looked up the price on Unhaggle and I noticed the dealer price advertised on the Dodge website is a lot cheaper than the price on Unhaggle. Both includes the $6300 discount already.

UPDATE: https://www.dodge.ca/en/new-inventory/d ... GXKR675331 fixed link

If you click on the * next to the dealer price, it says the price includes all the mandatory fees already. Also the Dealer's Message at the bottom says price + HST only, no extra fees.

Anyone happens to know why the price listed is lower than the Unhaggle dealer cost? Also how much discount should I try to negotiate for? 6%, 7%?

Thanks!
Last edited by miorya on May 10th, 2019 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
11 replies
Deal Guru
User avatar
Oct 6, 2010
14433 posts
8821 upvotes
Toronto
links don't work. Caravans tend to be cheap and in the past, the Canadian edition I think it was called was like $15k +hst. Since you haven't said where you are located, it's useless for me to say anything else.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2009
3996 posts
2425 upvotes
Ontario
Cheapest price was $17900 plus tax that I paid for new 2014 MY in late 2013. Have not seen cheaper since.
[OP]
Member
Jul 18, 2007
375 posts
37 upvotes
Martin (deal addict) wrote: Cheapest price was $17900 plus tax that I paid for new 2014 MY in late 2013. Have not seen cheaper since.
We paid around $19000 at the time but I didn't know about bargaining back then so we didn't negotiate on the price.
[OP]
Member
Jul 18, 2007
375 posts
37 upvotes
koffey wrote: links don't work. Caravans tend to be cheap and in the past, the Canadian edition I think it was called was like $15k +hst. Since you haven't said where you are located, it's useless for me to say anything else.

I'm in Toronto
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 8, 2007
8943 posts
10123 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
Martin (deal addict) wrote: Cheapest price was $17900 plus tax that I paid for new 2014 MY in late 2013. Have not seen cheaper since.
C$ was also stronger back then I believe. So price expectations should be higher in the current market. That was a phenomenal price btw. Never going. To be the most refined van but it's good basic transportation for that price.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2009
3996 posts
2425 upvotes
Ontario
cartfan123 wrote: C$ was also stronger back then I believe. So price expectations should be higher in the current market. That was a phenomenal price btw. Never going. To be the most refined van but it's good basic transportation for that price.
I think prices went up around $2k when Pacifica was launched.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2006
2391 posts
781 upvotes
miorya wrote: Hey everyone,

I'm currently looking for a new 2019 Dodge Caravan for my dad. I don't have any experience with domestic cars and their margins.

I looked up the price on Unhaggle and I noticed the dealer price advertised on the Dodge website is a lot cheaper than the price on Unhaggle. Both includes the $6300 discount already.

UPDATE: https://www.dodge.ca/en/new-inventory/d ... GXKR675331 fixed link

If you click on the * next to the dealer price, it says the price includes all the mandatory fees already. Also the Dealer's Message at the bottom says price + HST only, no extra fees.

Anyone happens to know why the price listed is lower than the Unhaggle dealer cost? Also how much discount should I try to negotiate for? 6%, 7%?

Thanks!
You may want to check out Car Help Canada. I purchased a vehicle through them a few years ago was well worth the savings.
https://www.carhelpcanada.com/
Member
May 23, 2004
433 posts
16 upvotes
Mississauga
I was looking for a work truck (Caravan) last week and stopped by a Dodge dealer. The window sticker price was $33800.00 the salesman came over and offered a $10000.00 discount with me not even opening my mouth. That ad posted in the first post is correct. Its actually cheaper for me to buy a passenger van and remove the interior than buy a commercial van.
They say technology was supposed to make life easier. Sure had me fooled.
www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=15706
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2011
1600 posts
667 upvotes
London
We bought ours from Peel Chrysler and had a great experience. So easy. We had to drive from London to pick it up, but that was quick. Did the entire deal via email except a two minute phone call (to give credit card for deposit) We paid $22k (2013) for the sxt, hitch, rear windows that go down (maybe part of a package). I would certainly recommend them.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2009
3996 posts
2425 upvotes
Ontario
Drakestar wrote: We bought ours from Peel Chrysler and had a great experience. So easy. We had to drive from London to pick it up, but that was quick. Did the entire deal via email except a two minute phone call (to give credit card for deposit) We paid $22k (2013) for the sxt, hitch, rear windows that go down (maybe part of a package). I would certainly recommend them.
Yup - London dealers won't do the deals.

Top