None
[OP]
Mar 25, 2005
295 posts
80 upvotes
windsor

Dodge Journey 2014 Remote Start

Hello Every body,
Recently bought 2014 Dodge journey but it does not have remote start option. I have consulted dealer who gave quote for $850. I was wondering if I can take their service or
will I can get any cheaper solutions outside. Please help/share.
24 replies
Jun 7, 2014
437 posts
267 upvotes
Brampton, ON
narbajaj wrote: Hello Every body,
Recently bought 2014 Dodge journey but it does not have remote start option. I have consulted dealer who gave quote for $850. I was wondering if I can take their service or
You can get it cheaper with an aftermarket one, but sometimes those can cause problems if the people don't install it properly.
Signature Policy: Do not spam or advertise
[OP]
Mar 25, 2005
295 posts
80 upvotes
windsor
TheChad08 wrote: You can get it cheaper with an aftermarket one, but sometimes those can cause problems if the people don't install it properly.
I went to Vision to get quote but they said they don't do it for Dodge Journey. Any body has any luck or have to go with Dealer only. Thanks for reply.
Penalty Box
Aug 16, 2014
1043 posts
360 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Why didn't you just get it optioned from factory?

It's gonna be expensive since the journey uses a smart key push button start
[OP]
Mar 25, 2005
295 posts
80 upvotes
windsor
DBDphotography wrote: Why didn't you just get it optioned from factory?

It's gonna be expensive since the journey uses a smart key push button start
With base model, you won't get remote start. Only SXT model has remote start as a standard. It is around 7K extra.
Jul 19, 2010
707 posts
328 upvotes
Calgary
Pretty easy car to do, I recommend you get a Compustar+idatalink combo.. $ 550 ish for a 2way from Futureshop.
[OP]
Mar 25, 2005
295 posts
80 upvotes
windsor
drtmrcht wrote: Pretty easy car to do, I recommend you get a Compustar+idatalink combo.. $ 550 ish for a 2way from Futureshop.
DO I need to carry two keys or just one as Dodge comes with remote entry but not remote start.
Jul 19, 2010
707 posts
328 upvotes
Calgary
depends.. if you want good range ie 1500+ feet range you need to carry the car starter remote, however if you want to carry only one remote, you keep the factory fob press lock 3 times and start the car (with the purchase of a compustar car starter), but range will be limited same as your keyless entry, 100-200 ft if your lucky..
Penalty Box
Aug 16, 2014
1043 posts
360 upvotes
Toronto, ON
narbajaj wrote: DO I need to carry two keys or just one as Dodge comes with remote entry but not remote start.
you will always need your dodge smart key fob to start the car once your inside....
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2003
2922 posts
250 upvotes
Peterborough, ON
narbajaj wrote: Hello Every body,
Have you thought of checking out other Chrysler Stores? FYI, You don't have to get your remote start/Accessories through the store you bought your Journey at.
Tung(Tom)Nguyen
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2007
3077 posts
580 upvotes
Check out audio heaven. They do remote starters and they are located in Richmond Hill / Markham area.
Feb 5, 2013
197 posts
311 upvotes
Scarborough
Also check lock down security in Markham for a quote
[OP]
Mar 25, 2005
295 posts
80 upvotes
windsor
Sp3ct4cul4r wrote: Also check lock down security in Markham for a quote
I am located in Calgary. Futureshop or vision I can think of.
[OP]
Mar 25, 2005
295 posts
80 upvotes
windsor
T-Man wrote: Have you thought of checking out other Chrysler Stores? FYI, You don't have to get your remote start/Accessories through the store you bought your Journey at.
that is a good idea. I will call other stores and find it out but I don't want to pay lot of money for installation.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19061 posts
2384 upvotes
The official one can be had around $250 USD or less on eBay or other US online shops. Here's the link to buy it from Mopar @ $280 USD. Part number is 82214050.

http://www.mopar.com/part/82214050?s=36 ... 81&b=dodge

I've purchase Mopar parts off eBay from some US Chrysler dealers without issue and saved some cash. All good if you can install it yourself.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
[OP]
Mar 25, 2005
295 posts
80 upvotes
windsor
Haz wrote: The official one can be had around $250 USD or less on eBay or other US online shops. Here's the link to buy it from Mopar @ $280 USD. Part number is 82214050.

http://www.mopar.com/part/82214050?s=36 ... 81&b=dodge

I've purchase Mopar parts off eBay from some US Chrysler dealers without issue and saved some cash. All good if you can install it yourself.
It says
"Dealer Scan Tool required for activation."
Any body know how easy to install these remote starts.
Jul 19, 2010
707 posts
328 upvotes
Calgary
Like I said, before, your "factory remote start" will give you about the same range as current key fob 150~200 feet max..
[OP]
Mar 25, 2005
295 posts
80 upvotes
windsor
drtmrcht wrote: Like I said, before, your "factory remote start" will give you about the same range as current key fob 150~200 feet max..
If you buy after market remote start then you need to carry both fob keys as this car wont start without factory fob as this on is button start not a key start. I might not know much about car so sorry if I am being misunderstood here
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19061 posts
2384 upvotes
narbajaj wrote: It says
"Dealer Scan Tool required for activation."
Any body know how easy to install these remote starts.
Check to see how much dealer around you will charge for them to push a couple of buttons. You can see these guys have had people who do it cheap and some dealers charging $155 USD.

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/07-5- ... dates.html

So if you can find a cheap way to activate and you or a buddy can install the remote starter yourself, that would be the cheapest way to go if you want the Mopar one.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed