• Last Updated:
  • Jan 7th, 2020 7:29 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Feb 5, 2007
376 posts
230 upvotes

Dodge Ram Ads

This is frequently happening, I wonder if it is a site error. The Dodge Ram ads are taking up the whole screen and not allowing me to view the forum's content. I have to refresh the page to get rid of it and it reappears whenever the page reloads and the ad pops up.
Images
  • Untitled.png
30 replies
May 21, 2002
361 posts
65 upvotes
Was just about to post this, been happening a few days now on and off.

Using Firefox
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2004
1373 posts
18 upvotes
Same this ad has been happening the last few days but tonight was just unbearable....
Jan 11, 2019
5 posts
5 upvotes
We are actively looking into this frustrating issue regarding the Dodge Ram ad. We are required to either replicate this ad and or gain the help from those who are experiencing this inconvenience. If and when you experience this ad, please do not close and or refresh the page - please follow the next steps:
1. Open up the inspect debug console
2. Right click and inspect
3. Find the element that is displaying the ad
4. Identify the data-ad-imp value
5. In this screenshot : "k4a8stlkr6xbit"
6. Copy and paste the text here in the thread.

May 21, 2002
361 posts
65 upvotes

Sorry, I haven't coded anything in 25 years; this is all gibberish to me. Hope this helps
[OP]
Feb 5, 2007
376 posts
230 upvotes
Still noticing these ads pop up full screen, twice already today. Less frequently than before however.
Deal Addict
May 10, 2005
1285 posts
70 upvotes
still pop up full screen today, click on it, screen goes blank, wtf?
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14599 posts
27391 upvotes
Scarborough
We're closing in on figuring this one out. I apologize that it's taking longer than expected to remove but it should be gone soon!
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
7972 posts
2665 upvotes
Maple
Been getting this for few days. First I thought I was getting malware virus, then noticed it was RFD. It is very annoying. Now I just click to refresh the page. Hopefully it is fixed soon.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14599 posts
27391 upvotes
Scarborough
nightwalker wrote: Very annoying indeed...keeps getting it on every other page visit now
teoconca wrote: Been getting this for few days. First I thought I was getting malware virus, then noticed it was RFD. It is very annoying. Now I just click to refresh the page. Hopefully it is fixed soon.
Could either of you please share a screenshot of the ad if you see it again and also the time that it showed up?
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
7972 posts
2665 upvotes
Maple
TomRFD wrote: Could either of you please share a screenshot of the ad if you see it again and also the time that it showed up?
Haha, just got after reading your post. Notice the time at bottom right.
Images
  • Annotation 2019-12-22 073847.png
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
18397 posts
6099 upvotes
Toronto
Still happening, this is getting very annoying. For me its a banner on the side, but no matter where you click on the page, it takes you to the Ram website. It's like its taking over the page, despite being hidden in the back.
Screen Shot 2019-12-22 at 10.56.38 AM.png
Real Estate Agent, MAcc, CPA, CA
Deal Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
7972 posts
2665 upvotes
Maple
TomRFD wrote: Could either of you please share a screenshot of the ad if you see it again and also the time that it showed up?
It's weird, I don't get it when I entered thru RedFlagDeals.com directly on desktops or iPad. However I get it often if I enter thru one of the forums, forums.redflagdeals.com .

It's the condition in the code logic.
Jan 15, 2017
311 posts
156 upvotes
Vancouver
Covers the whole screen and can't see anything. Literally unusable.
Feb 25, 2011
138 posts
75 upvotes
Calgary
It's happening to me today and for the last few days. Using Firefox. Agree that it makes it unusable as I have to close the window.
[OP]
Feb 5, 2007
376 posts
230 upvotes
Still happening. More frequently today. Big PITA for sure.