Fitness and Nutrition

Does this African Tea Diet Really Work?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 5th, 2019 4:27 pm
[OP]
Dec 23, 2018
1 posts

Does this African Tea Diet Really Work?

Hello, I found an African tea that is said to help lose weight, was wondering if anyone had tried it out or not.
I am looking into new ways to change up my diet but don't want to switch into something that I might not like or hasn't had any results.

https://bit.ly/2BH18BI

Here is the link.

Thank you for your time.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1358 posts
407 upvotes
Calgary
without reading it, no

After reading it, no.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2009
3370 posts
765 upvotes
Toronto
If the diet consists of you just drinking this tea then yes the diet will work.

But you could save your money and just drink water instead.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2010
15193 posts
4899 upvotes
Here 'n There
eat less & exercise. That's all ya need to know.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
3254 posts
1087 upvotes
Woodbridge
Iff calories in > calories out, you gain weight. Iff calories out > calories in, you lose weight. Iff calories in = calories out, you maintain weight.

So the African tea diet will work, for example, if it fills you up and you eat less than you would have before, reducing your calorie intake. Will some tea, on its own, without any other changes, affect your weight? No.

Also, the one pound of fat every 72 hours is a dubious claim. Depending on who you ask, one pound of fat represents 3500-4000 calories. You can lose one pound of fat every three days by having a ~1250 calorie deficiency every day. The tea claims to reduce your cravings... so it seems to be trying to create that deficiency by making you less hungry. A cup of any generic black tea or black coffee would probably do the same thing.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)