Cell Phones

Does any recent phone have notification LED ?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 22nd, 2020 9:38 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
11921 posts
3041 upvotes

Does any recent phone have notification LED ?

Using a LG G8 and absolutely miss the notification LED.

Are there any recent phones that still have notification LED?
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling - woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop
9 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
15422 posts
4053 upvotes
Markham
96TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 72TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Mar 2, 2017
144 posts
123 upvotes
Some of the recent Nokias have one built into the power button. Look at about 4 seconds into the promo video.

But they're few and far between. They've mostly been sacrificed for higher screen to body ratios. Always On Displays seem to be the intended alternative, but I find it hard to easily distinguish at a glance a normal AOD state showing the clock from an AOD showing the clock and a little notification icon. And that's all assuming your phone has an OLED display. Eliminating the Notification LED on an IPS display phone really doesn't work.

But as for software alternatives, Glimpse Notifications can help a bit. And aodNotify (for those that have a Samsung or OnePlus) offers a passable alternative. Might be something similar for LG.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2001
4113 posts
1466 upvotes
GTA
reefer123 wrote: I absolutely hate the no led "new style"
The iphone had it for the last 13 years.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
5319 posts
1984 upvotes
Debtario
I agree, really annoying to have it missing. It's so simple yet so useful, be it battery charging status or notifications. My S8 has it, but I've learned to live without it since I use a flip case and tend to place my phone screen down.

Really wish they would just put it into a corner behind plastic or glass, would be visible but not take away screen space.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2015
4010 posts
1171 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
Samsungs have a notification LED. when its plugged in charging it lights up, when its done its green, i dont normally pay attention to it but its there. i even think LGs have it too i cant remember tho its been 3 years since i used an LG
Hi