Site Comments & Suggestions

Does Anyone Else Feel Rfd Apps Are Falling Apart?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 11th, 2020 1:46 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
6726 posts
2441 upvotes
Markham

Does Anyone Else Feel Rfd Apps Are Falling Apart?

iOS Forum is abandoned and now can't even sort posts by time

Official ios rfd app is slow and seems under developed as well. Might be just my phone, but I don't know the purpose of those big space
Images
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
5 replies
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
13522 posts
25723 upvotes
Scarborough
Our forums app was discontinued, not abandoned. Functionality for that app will continue to decrease over time as it’s no longer supported.

The gaps you see on your RFD main app are ad spots. Do you have an ad blocker installed? I use an iPhone X and don’t experience any slowness with the current app release.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
6726 posts
2441 upvotes
Markham
TomRFD wrote: Our forums app was discontinued, not abandoned. Functionality for that app will continue to decrease over time as it’s no longer supported.

The gaps you see on your RFD main app are ad spots. Do you have an ad blocker installed? I use an iPhone X and don’t experience any slowness with the current app release.
Ok thanks

I didn't install any ad block, wondering whether its some iPhone settings . My iPhone is ios 12

But thanks
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2009
3114 posts
1409 upvotes
Toronto
My kingdom for functioning spoiler tags....
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
13522 posts
25723 upvotes
Scarborough
shikotee wrote: My kingdom for functioning spoiler tags....
Not really related to the original topic, but I'll see if we can get that feature added in later this year.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2009
3114 posts
1409 upvotes
Toronto
TomRFD wrote: Not really related to the original topic, but I'll see if we can get that feature added in later this year.
Nice.
I'm sure this will be appreciated by those who frequent the entertainment section.
Any word on night mode for the Android App?

I'm a strong believer in "no spoilers", and try my best to follow the instructions of the sticky.
Not too long ago, a moderator deleted one of my posts, which clearly followed the instructions of the spoiler warning sticky. I messaged the mod for clarification, indicating that I had both read and followed the laid out process for spoilers. The response and justification was fairly boiler plate "just do as I say". Unclear if another user actually complained, or if the mod simply decided to crack the whip independently.

Don't get me wrong - this was a fairly minor stupid incident, and really not worth fighting over.
In theory, spoiler tag use should make management easier for mods.