Cell Phones

Does anyone find the Koodo referral system to be very unreliable and complicated to receive?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 27th, 2021 11:21 am
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2006
3779 posts
6253 upvotes

Does anyone find the Koodo referral system to be very unreliable and complicated to receive?

I received 3 email referral notifications last year ( July, August, & September of 2020). I've realized by December, I've never seen these credits on my bill. I even filled out their referral inquiry form, for investigations. All three came back as them not properly completing their referral process, and sorry for the inconvenience. I was given their numbers, but I do not know these people (Should I even text them about it?).

So what a waste of referral credits there. They should really overhaul their referral system to make it simpler, as it seems people don't completely understand it.
3 replies
Mar 13, 2005
214 posts
63 upvotes
Montreal
Allen84 wrote: I received 3 email referral notifications last year ( July, August, & September of 2020). I've realized by December, I've never seen these credits on my bill. I even filled out their referral inquiry form, for investigations. All three came back as them not properly completing their referral process, and sorry for the inconvenience. I was given their numbers, but I do not know these people (Should I even text them about it?).

So what a waste of referral credits there. They should really overhaul their referral system to make it simpler, as it seems people don't completely understand it.
Never had a problem with Koodo referral system in years. However, by experience, it is important to very well explained to the person you refer the steps required to complete the referral process even if its simple. Unfortunately, too often people don't take time [or are lazy...] to read properly the email explaining the procedure.

But, I agree with you, referrals from Koodo are more complex than those from Public Mobile, for example, where only a referral code is needed.

At this time, it is sadly too late to get your referrals credits.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24666 posts
8738 upvotes
Toronto
definitely not simple & even if both parties get it right - Koodo does miss applying the credits to your account (so always check! At one point, I was doing multiple PM migration plans to Koodo for the family and had to set up a Excel tracker for the referral credits....lol!).

You and your referral have to complete within 30days and then the referral has to stay with Koodo for 3months - otherwise you lose the credits. Also, inbetween that time - you and your referral better not change your phone #s or things get majorly screwed up since the referral credit is tied to the phone # & not the account #.

Public Mobile is way easier - if your referral leaves, you lose your discount.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29536 posts
20456 upvotes
The Koodo system is unnecessarily complicated to the point that I think it is designed to fail to their benefit. The system is not linked to the billing system and manual intervention is involved to approve referrals. I am glad I am out of that game now.
Public Mobile customer, $34/50GB CAN-US, $29/30GB, $24/4GB
Tangerine, EQ, Simplii, HSBC customer

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)