Shopping Discussion

Does anyone has applied the financing service on applestore?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 9th, 2014 2:20 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 3, 2014
3 posts

Does anyone has applied the financing service on applestore?

I tried to purchase a Iphone and computer via Apple financing and got asked these weird questions insinuating that my credit file contains student or Mortgage loans. I have never taken any such loans so was forced to answer "none of the above" for each question. As a result, my application got declined. does someone has the same problem?
11 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
18719 posts
1937 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
You have no credit which is why they declined you.
Nov 23, 2013
269 posts
101 upvotes
Thunder Bay
tellmewhy wrote: I tried to purchase a Iphone and computer via Apple financing and got asked these weird questions insinuating that my credit file contains student or Mortgage loans. I have never taken any such loans so was forced to answer "none of the above" for each question. As a result, my application got declined. does someone has the same problem?
Those redundant questions are just for verification that it is truly your credit. You were denied for your lack of credit. Sorry bro. :lol:
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
19073 posts
3722 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
tellmewhy wrote: I tried to purchase a Iphone and computer via Apple financing and got asked these weird questions insinuating that my credit file contains student or Mortgage loans. I have never taken any such loans so was forced to answer "none of the above" for each question. As a result, my application got declined. does someone has the same problem?
An application is just that - an application. It could be granted or denied.

Those other questions are for screening out anyone who might be impersonating you.
- Casual Gastronomist -
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2013
2060 posts
2089 upvotes
Living the dream
If you can't afford to buy an iPhone outright then you shouldn't be buying an IPhone or any other Apple product. Either save your money or lower your requirements.
The name is pronounced El‧u‧àr‧do. I am the ultimate deal hunter, y'all just gatherers. I was the first openly black man to get a Costco membership.
[OP]
Dec 3, 2014
3 posts
Because they ask me about the mortgage loan and student loan I never applied, I bought the equifax report and my score is very good.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
26382 posts
11819 upvotes
That's how they confirm you are you.
I don't know if you have student loans or a mortgage.
But you should. Hence it'd be difficult for me to impersonate you in order to use your credit.
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2004
10943 posts
421 upvotes
Markham/Mississauga
ElHoardo wrote: If you can't afford to buy an iPhone outright then you shouldn't be buying an IPhone or any other Apple product. Either save your money or lower your requirements.
Aaaand this is how the last recession started.

Consumers buying goods that they can't afford.
[OP]
Dec 3, 2014
3 posts
I never have student loans or mortgage loan.
I also checked my equifax score report and it clear too.(score is very good)It just make me confused because they asking about the loans I never have or applied.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2011
1021 posts
69 upvotes
Dieppe
They are verification questions. If they're not on your credit report, let it go. You answered them correctly, apparently. You're clear, just not approved for the credit.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
18719 posts
1937 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
What you need is a student credit card and pay off the balance every month to make it look like you're responsible. It's like Joelllle said, they declined you probably for a lack of credit.

IB someone mentions identity theft.
Mar 5, 2013
497 posts
118 upvotes
Ottawa
CSAgent wrote: Aaaand this is how the last recession started.
Consumers buying goods that they can't afford.
No. It's banks giving credit/mortages to consumers, knowing those same consumers couldn't afford to pay back their obligation.