Personal Finance

Does anyone have Scotiabank Ultimate Chequing account and used Scotia iTrade? Is it normal to be charged 9.99 commission

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 6th, 2020 2:49 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2006
3416 posts
92 upvotes
Toronto

Does anyone have Scotiabank Ultimate Chequing account and used Scotia iTrade? Is it normal to be charged 9.99 commission

Does anyone have Scotiabank Ultimate Chequing account and used Scotia iTrade before?

Is it normal to be charged 9.99 commission? I don't see any credit for that but the Ultimate account is suppose to come with 10 free trades first year
3 replies
Mar 23, 2009
757 posts
527 upvotes
Toronto
I think my credit came a few days later, or at month-end. But keep an eye on it and if not credited by the 5th of next month place a call in to them to get it credited. They do seem inconsistent in the application of it. I was missing a couple, and also got 9.99 for a bond trade when the T&C state I was to get 24.99, which I had to point out to them. They did credit it all back to me though.
Jan 16, 2009
379 posts
151 upvotes
Vancouver
astroboy100 wrote: I think my credit came a few days later, or at month-end. But keep an eye on it and if not credited by the 5th of next month place a call in to them to get it credited. They do seem inconsistent in the application of it. I was missing a couple, and also got 9.99 for a bond trade when the T&C state I was to get 24.99, which I had to point out to them. They did credit it all back to me though.

Can confirm, the credit comes early following month.

Just FYI they put my credit in my unregistered account. So if you trade in tfsa/rrsp, you still get charged the 9.99 fees but it gets credited back into unregistered acct.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2006
3416 posts
92 upvotes
Toronto
thanks for the feedback. i thought it would be immediate but it looks like it will be coming near the month end. i will pay attention to the credit