Shopping Discussion

Does Canada Post Flex Delivery work for packages withOUT tracking?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 15th, 2021 11:26 am
[OP]
Dec 22, 2010
628 posts
598 upvotes
Ontario

Does Canada Post Flex Delivery work for packages withOUT tracking?

I have been using Flex Delivery address for quiet a while. It's been working well so far. I didn't have any problems with picking up packages since the deliveries were made with tracking. However, this time I'm ordering something that doesn't provide tracking. I wonder If I can still use flex delivery in that situation. Will the post office (SDM) notify me when they receive it? I don't think I've ever received any notification emails or calls from them before. I've been only checking the tracking information directly from Canada Post, and then picking them up later. Please let me know. Thanks in advance.
3 replies
[OP]
Dec 22, 2010
628 posts
598 upvotes
Ontario
Kiraly wrote: Sure, you will get notified anything you get delivered to your flex delivery address, whether or not tracking is used. Just make sure your contact info is up to date.
Thanks. I'll give it a try.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
7342 posts
8018 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Yeah I do it all the time (both intentionally and unintentionally, because sometimes something like Best Buy won't ship a package using a trackable method for whatever reason).

It shows up there and then when they mark it as received you get the same email you always do. From that point it generates a 'tracking' number (which is just the number on the pickup barcode) which you can actually put into the Canada Post app and have it work. Only steps it ever shows are "Item available for pickup at Post Office" and then "Delivered" when you pick it up.