Credit Cards

Does CIBC allow product switching from business CC - > personal CC?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 15th, 2019 10:24 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Feb 18, 2019
507 posts
659 upvotes

Does CIBC allow product switching from business CC - > personal CC?

For instance, could one apply for the business aerogold then PS to a NAF personal card? Obviously real business cards (cards based on corporate credit) could not be switched, but wondering about the 'business' cards that are just based on personal credit, such as the aerogold visa for business.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3423 posts
1460 upvotes
Ottawa
Curious to why you would?
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
14081 posts
11731 upvotes
Not Leask
DonkeyDoo wrote: For instance, could one apply for the business aerogold then PS to a NAF personal card? Obviously real business cards (cards based on corporate credit) could not be switched, but wondering about the 'business' cards that are just based on personal credit, such as the aerogold visa for business.
Afaik no.

Consider that the CL is much more valuable on consumer cards due to BT offers. There's no incentive for the bank to allow what you're asking for.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
[OP]
Feb 18, 2019
507 posts
659 upvotes
shylok wrote: Curious to why you would?
To loot WB and keep relationship open with a different card, since CIBC does not offer NAF business cards.
[OP]
Feb 18, 2019
507 posts
659 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote: Afaik no.

Consider that the CL is much more valuable on consumer cards due to BT offers. There's no incentive for the bank to allow what you're asking for.
Thanks. I don't need the CL or BT offers, more wondering if I can get the WB in aeroplan pts, then PS to a different card to keep relationship open without closing the credit line.
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
14081 posts
11731 upvotes
Not Leask
DonkeyDoo wrote: Thanks. I don't need the CL or BT offers, more wondering if I can get the WB in aeroplan pts, then PS to a different card to keep relationship open without closing the credit line.
Doubt it.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]