Shopping Discussion

Does Costco Canada sell Kirkland Signature Minoxidil?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 7th, 2020 5:57 pm
[OP]
Feb 1, 2015
14 posts
Calgary, AB

Does Costco Canada sell Kirkland Signature Minoxidil?

Minoxidil is the main chemical compound in Rogaine. I know that Costco sells Kirkland Signature Minoxidil in the US at a very low price. But the Costco near my home only sells Rogaine, although at a lower price than other drug stores. I wanted to ask if anyone knows whether KS Minoxidil is sold in Canada at all, so I can look for it in their other nearby stores.
Last edited by hamidhz on Aug 16th, 2017 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title edit
29 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
9230 posts
2901 upvotes
London
I've been pulling my hair out trying to find this stuff locally as well.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
3740 posts
1134 upvotes
Vancouver
i doubt the kirkland brand minoxidil is sold in Canada. I haven't seen it anywhere in the Vancouver area.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2003
4440 posts
1100 upvotes
Golden Horseshoe
Welcome to the balding club lol no they only carry rogaine or another brand (I forget the name but I'm using it right now for the last 6 months, noticeable improvements but its a 2% solution compared to the Kirkland or Rogaine at 5%) if you want the Kirkland branded one a po box across the border is the only way (from costco.com)
[OP]
Feb 1, 2015
14 posts
Calgary, AB
x-batman wrote: Welcome to the balding club lol no they only carry rogaine or another brand (I forget the name but I'm using it right now for the last 6 months, noticeable improvements but its a 2% solution compared to the Kirkland or Rogaine at 5%) if you want the Kirkland branded one a po box across the border is the only way (from costco.com)
Do you have any recommendations for the PO Box method?
Deal Addict
May 24, 2003
4440 posts
1100 upvotes
Golden Horseshoe
Gee wrote: Does this stuff work? Or are you wasting money for a few strands?
Google it. It works for 60% of people (I started using it as a precaution my hair just started thinning and my younger brother is basically bald) it works well but you have to continue to use it.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
36335 posts
9597 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
x-batman wrote: Google it. It works for 60% of people (I started using it as a precaution my hair just started thinning and my younger brother is basically bald) it works well but you have to continue to use it.
Aren't you concerned about side affects from chemicals in your scalp?
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15481 posts
10140 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Gee wrote: Does this stuff work? Or are you wasting money for a few strands?
Finasteride is clinically more effective, sold as Propecia 1mg. Or get Proscar, same drug (finasteride) used for BPH at 5mg, lower cost and cut it into quarters.
For some, the adverse effects aren't worth it, and its effectiveness also depends how advanced your MPB.

Personally if I get noticeable MBP, I'll just buzz my head like I had it high school.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2003
4440 posts
1100 upvotes
Golden Horseshoe
Gee wrote: Aren't you concerned about side affects from chemicals in your scalp?
The active ingredient was originally used to treat high blood pressure (which is how they found it helps hair growth) I would read up on it if you are considering it and decide if it's something you're comfortable with. I've seen friends with good results.
[OP]
Feb 1, 2015
14 posts
Calgary, AB
x-batman wrote: How far are you from the border? I use http://www.mynasn.com
Not close enough. But more importantly, I would need a visa to enter US. That rules out the pick-up options for me. Do you know of any good services which could ship the parcels to Canada at a reasonable rate?
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
3454 posts
1601 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
What do rich people do (like Lebron James and others)? Hair transplant? How much?
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
2981 posts
1628 upvotes
B.C.
This is an old thread that was bumped... but Costco sells it under some other generic name.
Oct 12, 2014
910 posts
162 upvotes
Ajax
Does anyone know if Costco US sells this Kirkland 5% minoxidil foam in-store or online?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)